The True Identity of the 144,000 of the Book of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
ezekiel said:
More Again : We know the the Spirit of God rest on them. They have moved to high ground and the Lord will establish them. Living water shall flow from the mountains a fire in the night and smoke in day as a cover. We have not more then one year before the four Angels let them go. Destruction on destruction. They choose the high ground and what will you say, lets us go up their that we may see.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Building a fire wall or fire brake around your home would be a wise thing do. Earth is warming up and it will get to the point that a nature thing are fires.

Isaiah 33

5 The Lord is exalted; for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.
6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cga said:
The book of Revelation first mentions 144,000 who are sealed here,

Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. (Revelation 7:4 [NIV])
First off, you might want to find a real translation. The NIV is a paraphrase and not particularly accurate. I'm surprised that you didn't mention the end time prophecy in the book of Zechariah (and they shall look upon Him who they pierced and mourn for Him as for an only son.) The 144,000 are called virgins, but virgin may refer to the idea that they have never been idolators though I'm inclined to believe that they are genuine virgins (not having been with women.)
The book of the revelation also tells about multitudes out of every tribe and nation being saved out of the great tribulation. These are no less Christ's than the 144,000, however the 144,000 remain a special possession of the Lord because they are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I've been in correspondence with a Jewish gentleman with regard to the peculiar rules of heraldry, but in casual discussion over the ancient Jewish standards I was told that no modern Jew has any idea what tribe he has descended from. This is not a problem for God, but you have to ask "Will these individuals actually know what tribe they derive from when they are giving their testimony?" The prophecy in the book of Zechariah describes the 12,000 from each tribe mourning in their turn, so it would seem like they know. Also, given that there were many forced conversions in Spain, as well as some of the other European countries, there could be more than a few "gentiles" that are really of Jewish origin. Again, most of us wouldn't know if this were the case. I suppose that we'll all know before long.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Michael V Pardo said:
First off, you might want to find a real translation. The NIV is a paraphrase and not particularly accurate. I'm surprised that you didn't mention the end time prophecy in the book of Zechariah (and they shall look upon Him who they pierced and mourn for Him as for an only son.) The 144,000 are called virgins, but virgin may refer to the idea that they have never been idolators though I'm inclined to believe that they are genuine virgins (not having been with women.)
The book of the revelation also tells about multitudes out of every tribe and nation being saved out of the great tribulation. These are no less Christ's than the 144,000, however the 144,000 remain a special possession of the Lord because they are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I've been in correspondence with a Jewish gentleman with regard to the peculiar rules of heraldry, but in casual discussion over the ancient Jewish standards I was told that no modern Jew has any idea what tribe he has descended from. This is not a problem for God, but you have to ask "Will these individuals actually know what tribe they derive from when they are giving their testimony?" The prophecy in the book of Zechariah describes the 12,000 from each tribe mourning in their turn, so it would seem like they know. Also, given that there were many forced conversions in Spain, as well as some of the other European countries, there could be more than a few "gentiles" that are really of Jewish origin. Again, most of us wouldn't know if this were the case. I suppose that we'll all know before long.
No English translation is without errors, so you will find that I use various translations, and will use the one that I think rendered a particular verse closest to the original meaning, and sometimes the NIV is good, other times it is not. The great multitude coming from the great tribulation are those who are alive during the millennial kingdom of Christ, which are not the 144,000. There will be those who live in that eon that will also attain salvation and be granted life in the new earth and not be hurt by the second death of the final judgment.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
cga said:
The great multitude coming from the great tribulation are those who are alive during the millennial kingdom of Christ, which are not the 144,000. There will be those who live in that eon that will also attain salvation and be granted life in the new earth and not be hurt by the second death of the final judgment.
The vast multitude in Jerusalem are all true Christian people who have kept their faith on the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. This is evident from the fact of the Seventh Seal coming after Rev chapter 7. It is the 144.000, selected from them, who will proclaim the Gospel of the coming Kingdom to the nations. Isaiah 66:19
This is predicted by Luke 10:1-10

The division of all of the Lord's people into 12 'tribes', is proved by Isaiah 66:21 It is we Christians, now known as the Israel of God, that will reinhabit all of the holy Land, soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed by the Lord. Deut 32:43, Jeremiah 10:18

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
keras said:
The vast multitude in Jerusalem are all true Christian people who have kept their faith on the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. This is evident from the fact of the Seventh Seal coming after Rev chapter 7. It is the 144.000, selected from them, who will proclaim the Gospel of the coming Kingdom to the nations. Isaiah 66:19
This is predicted by Luke 10:1-10

The division of all of the Lord's people into 12 'tribes', is proved by Isaiah 66:21 It is we Christians, now known as the Israel of God, that will reinhabit all of the holy Land, soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed by the Lord. Deut 32:43, Jeremiah 10:18
As opposed to the 144,000, the great multitude does not have the seal of God, which is the holy spirit,

set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Corinthians 1:22 [NIV])

And whoever does not have this seal, which is the holy spirit, does not belong to Christ,

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 [NIV])

Therefore, although a mystery as to who exactly, this great multitude did not have the holy spirit, but are yet granted mercy to continue living in the kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth,

I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:14 [NIV])

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
cga said:
As opposed to the 144,000, the great multitude does not have the seal of God, which is the holy spirit,

set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Corinthians 1:22 [NIV])

And whoever does not have this seal, which is the holy spirit, does not belong to Christ,

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 [NIV])

Therefore, although a mystery as to who exactly, this great multitude did not have the holy spirit, but are yet granted mercy to continue living in the kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth,

I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:14 [NIV])
We born again Christians do have the spirit of God within us. This is not an outward mark and we can of our own volition, sin and lose our salvation. Ezekiel 18:24
But the Seal of God, promised to the 144k, is something different and is specifically the Fathers Name on their foreheads. Revelation 14:1 This happens before the Return, as it is them who go out to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus.

The 'great tribulation', or great ordeal referred to in Rev 2:14, is not the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, but the terrible Sixth Seal event. This is plain from the Seventh Seal being next. Rev 8:1

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
keras said:
We born again Christians do have the spirit of God within us. This is not an outward mark and we can of our own volition, sin and lose our salvation. Ezekiel 18:24
But the Seal of God, promised to the 144k, is something different and is specifically the Fathers Name on their foreheads. Revelation 14:1 This happens before the Return, as it is them who go out to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus.

The 'great tribulation', or great ordeal referred to in Rev 2:14, is not the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, but the terrible Sixth Seal event. This is plain from the Seventh Seal being next. Rev 8:1
keras said:

Clearly you don't understand the symbolism of Revelation, and will take symbols to mean literal things. The 144k will all have literal inscriptions on their foreheads? Common buddy, be intelligent.