The Truth Of Regeneration By God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
Titus 3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.When someone is renewed by the Holy Spirit, are they ever the same? Are they still the old creature just with a new spirit? This is what people fail to embrace or even to know because they have been manipulated into thinking that they are saved because of one confession. James 2:19 says “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” So what is confession of him doing if we don’t obey him as the Lord of our lives? Yes, we may struggle at times but by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit, one should not stay the same as they were before they were converted. If you confess Christ and no change happens and within weeks you conform back to the world, then what regeneration can you have or for that matter did? Matthew 7:22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?Now consider that these were people who thought that they where zealous for the Lord but in reality they were fake: Now imagine how much more all those MANY people who say Jesus is my Lord, my King, my Savoir, and are going to hell because they failed to realize or recognize that absolutely no change occurred in their being, in the way they lived. They loved the world and hated God through their actions. They themselves were goats in so called sheep clothing. They may have tried to act holy in front of people fronting all the daylong but then in private they reek of vanity and they are completely separate from God. The worst thing about it is that they have absolutely no clue that the Love of the Father, the love of Christ, the love and admiration for what is right, and pure, and holy is not in them at all! Do you see the danger of ignorance, do you see the power of Hosea 4:6 being manifested so clearly in today’s world. My people, my fellow Christians, I say this not to put doubt in any of your hearts, but I stress how important it is to try ourselves and not by our own understanding, but by the word of God. Has there been change, and I mean seeable change in you by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit? If you say no, and you are the exact same or the only thing different you do is go to church every Sunday, you are in trouble and you need to cry out to heaven, asking the Almighty, Our Lord, to Change you. The fact is that repentance, which we are brought to by the grace of God (2 Timothy 2:25), has to change our nature and the very core of our being because by nature we are haters and despisers of God through our actions regardless of how much we confess Christ, by nature we are reprobate to every good work, that is until good through the power of Christ and the Holy Spirit cause a complete reconfiguration of our very being and nature.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (Copper25 @ Mar 11 2009, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70580
Titus 3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.When someone is renewed by the Holy Spirit, are they ever the same? Are they still the old creature just with a new spirit? This is what people fail to embrace or even to know because they have been manipulated into thinking that they are saved because of one confession. James 2:19 says “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” So what is confession of him doing if we don’t obey him as the Lord of our lives? Yes, we may struggle at times but by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit, one should not stay the same as they were before they were converted. If you confess Christ and no change happens and within weeks you conform back to the world, then what regeneration can you have or for that matter did?
Great post! I couldn't agree with you more. We have an obligation to meet. To overcome sin. This causes regeneration of our minds and spirit. The blood Jesus shed for remission of sin. Many miss this vital sentence that blood shed is for the remission of our sin, a continuing on going process that should be working in us till or LAST BREATH is taken. Changing us from an old creation to the new. A process that is ever on going. What we learn now, we take with us into the coming Kingdom of God here on earth. To one ten cities will be given, to another 2 cities will be given to him who went and hid his talent and buried it in the sand will be cast into fire. Called a slothful servant to the living God who by his grace, placed the Holy Spirit in us. God's law is forever, we have been given grace extended to us who accept this calling under the blood shed for us to learn the ways of God that we become the children of God who grow into maturity. I Cor 6:2-3 Do you not know the Saints will JUDGE THE WORLD? If we are to judge the world are we not confident enough to judge trivial cases? Do you not know you will judge angels? Wake up brethren, time is running out for all of us and what have you acquired that enables you to judge in the world to come? We are in a training, taught by Christ, through his Holy Spirit that enables us to overcome this world's sins. What we have learned in overcoming the sins we battle with, to walk right with Christ is needful. We gain wisdom from these acts. We all have been taken astray through complacent teachings that come from feel good sermons like the Joel Olsteen's of the world and the TBNer's of the world. They have set themselves up to lead the people away through all kinds of deceptive teachings that do not teach the ways of God in overcoming this world's sins and creating the new person in understanding of the Ways of God for they themselves do not know the ways of our Lord. It is a pleasure to read truth and as you can see it sets me off in a tizzy to shake the people up to hear the true words of God being spoken by your post. Hope to see more of these around on this site. In Christ's precious words of lifeVickie

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
.QUOTE
We have an obligation to meet. To overcome sin
The True Believer overcomes because of Jesus christ, and His overcoming for them..rev 12:And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.Not by any obligation they met, but by the blood of the lamb who overcame for them by his blood..jn 16:These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.John makes a emphatic statement in 1 jn 5:Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.Notice the because, not as you say, having a obligation..but because of the greatness of God..