The types of "News" we watch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I just want to bring out a point about news, and then we can all contribute our ideas about it.I divide news into two types: The first type is when we are informed that something happened. This is the type I grew up with--- it involves Mr Miller's barn burning down, or a neighbor in an accident for the local news, or somebody invaded Israel, or cold war news for international news. You get the idea. Whenever something newsworthy happens, in other words.Then there is type two news that seems to be a creation of this generation. At least I don't remember it being as predominant when I was younger. I don't consider it news at all. I call it gossip news---- Britany Spears fell over drunk again. So-and-so is on her tenth husband or whatever. Unfortunately, I fear the populace gravitates toward the gossip news. Even in our political debates, we want to hear all the trash and don't become informed on the real issues. Then we all sit around wondering why the country and this world is in the mess it's in. I think we do it to ourselves.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I call it controlled propaganda Its all designed for this generation other countries laugh at our news if we are involved in Britney we are not thinking about how much it cost to fill our gas tank. I like you Tim grew up and never had a clue about the politics of the news caster his job was just to report it not slant it. Now we have liberal news conservative news they are just flip sides of the same coin. I dont care who my news caster is going to vote for or what his politics are just give me the facts and I'll decide for myself.OOOpsthats what they dont want dont you guys be thinking out there We'll be doing it for you.And just to make sure your not paying to close of attention look at what Britney did today.It reminds me of many of our churches today Dont be studying what God says we tell you what we want you to believe he said.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;32460)
I call it controlled propaganda Its all designed for this generation other countries laugh at our news if we are involved in Britney we are not thinking about how much it cost to fill our gas tank. I like you Tim grew up and never had a clue about the politics of the news caster his job was just to report it not slant it. Now we have liberal news conservative news they are just flip sides of the same coin. I dont care who my news caster is going to vote for or what his politics are just give me the facts and I'll decide for myself.OOOpsthats what they dont want dont you guys be thinking out there We'll be doing it for you.And just to make sure your not paying to close of attention look at what Britney did today.It reminds me of many of our churches today Dont be studying what God says we tell you what we want you to believe he said.
It is a very good thing for me to not watch the news, I do believe the medias are godless. I can read the news right here, to read what i fact + the scriptures or the lie...JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
More disressing are those who call themselves Christian putting fourth thier own propaganda. It has become a case of each side shouting "Don't believe thier propaganda!Believe ours!"