The unforgivable sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Turok

Aug 2, 2007
So yeah, I assume this is the best place to post this, but I would ask a moderator move it if I'm in the wrong place. The knowledge within the bible has always been a scary thing for me ever since I've learned of this sin. If you can believe it, I actually dread reading the bible, I have an unimaginable scale of fear and despair of reading the word of god. Let me start from the beginning, about two years ago I stumbled onto a website that I found extremely informative, it was basically a website that was an "FAQ" for Christians, a place where certain questions were posed (What did god mean by XX) and an entire article with very insightful and simple explanations. Well, I came across an article that had the same name of this thread, "The unforgivable sin", now growing up in the belief that god forgives everyones trespasses when they seek the lord, I found the articles name to be of extreme interest. I began reading it and found that the ultimate or unforgivable sin would be to claim the lord did his acts through the work of satan, that the holy spirit's work was made manifest by the devil. As a Christian, I cannot and still do not accept that such a horrific thing is possible, however I was met with a dilemma. I have the unfortunate disadvantage of being an obsessive compulsive, when I get something stuck in my head, I have a tendency to repeat it on my surface thoughts. Well, you can probably guess where this is going.. Yes, I said this, I've said it many times and each time I say it, I'm filled with remorse and dread. Even as I write this, I'm saying it, and I can literally feel my heart beat speed up. I've also read that if one feels guilty or if one is worried of being in violation of this sin, that they shouldn't be worried, as chances are you didn't commit it. But I can't shake the feeling, I can't conquer my dread. I live each day as if my fate is uncertain and some days as if my fate is sealed. I mourn my own loss as if judgment has already been passed. And when I research this sin, and I find that you had to have done XXX in order to have committed this sin, I find that my mind will immediately try and follow through with that sin. Think of it like someone telling you not to think about the color purple, what are you going to do first? Your going to think about purple, well it's much more advanced in an obsessive compulsive. My mind will quickly start thinking about purple, and it will continue to do so, even after trying your very best to suppress it. I come here for advice, this has been a huge weight on my shoulders, a burden of unimaginable proportions. To put yourself in my shoes, imagine yourself as one of this earths most spiritually developed Christians and then being told by god himself that your fate rests in hell, doesn't sound to refreshing, does it? What do you think I should do? Am I just overreacting? Have I committed this sin? Is my guilt enough evidence to prove my innocence of being in violation? It's such a confusing crime, and while many things in the bible are taken literally, some things are not. How does one act on this passage?
MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

Romans610

Aug 3, 2007
(Turok;14412)
So yeah, I assume this is the best place to post this, but I would ask a moderator move it if I'm in the wrong place. The knowledge within the bible has always been a scary thing for me ever since I've learned of this sin. If you can believe it, I actually dread reading the bible, I have an unimaginable scale of fear and despair of reading the word of god. Let me start from the beginning, about two years ago I stumbled onto a website that I found extremely informative, it was basically a website that was an "FAQ" for Christians, a place where certain questions were posed (What did god mean by XX) and an entire article with very insightful and simple explanations. Well, I came across an article that had the same name of this thread, "The unforgivable sin", now growing up in the belief that god forgives everyones trespasses when they seek the lord, I found the articles name to be of extreme interest. I began reading it and found that the ultimate or unforgivable sin would be to claim the lord did his acts through the work of satan, that the holy spirit's work was made manifest by the devil. As a Christian, I cannot and still do not accept that such a horrific thing is possible, however I was met with a dilemma. I have the unfortunate disadvantage of being an obsessive compulsive, when I get something stuck in my head, I have a tendency to repeat it on my surface thoughts. Well, you can probably guess where this is going.. Yes, I said this, I've said it many times and each time I say it, I'm filled with remorse and dread. Even as I write this, I'm saying it, and I can literally feel my heart beat speed up. I've also read that if one feels guilty or if one is worried of being in violation of this sin, that they shouldn't be worried, as chances are you didn't commit it. But I can't shake the feeling, I can't conquer my dread. I live each day as if my fate is uncertain and some days as if my fate is sealed. I mourn my own loss as if judgment has already been passed. And when I research this sin, and I find that you had to have done XXX in order to have committed this sin, I find that my mind will immediately try and follow through with that sin. Think of it like someone telling you not to think about the color purple, what are you going to do first? Your going to think about purple, well it's much more advanced in an obsessive compulsive. My mind will quickly start thinking about purple, and it will continue to do so, even after trying your very best to suppress it. I come here for advice, this has been a huge weight on my shoulders, a burden of unimaginable proportions. To put yourself in my shoes, imagine yourself as one of this earths most spiritually developed Christians and then being told by god himself that your fate rests in hell, doesn't sound to refreshing, does it? What do you think I should do? Am I just overreacting? Have I committed this sin? Is my guilt enough evidence to prove my innocence of being in violation? It's such a confusing crime, and while many things in the bible are taken literally, some things are not. How does one act on this passage?
Hi its me again, You are not guilty of anything a true Christian has not been through already. i myself have doubts, and fears as i delve deeper into the secrets of the Bible and what God has to say to me. you have committed no sin even unto the passage for one without fear for God is not inclined to act upon his word but upon human instinct to answer the problem they face. The only advice i can give you is to pray and read continually for the comfort of His presence to fill your heart, for that is truly all that a believer can do in these circumstances. I'm sure that you have learned from experience not to "lean on your won understanding" i don't know if you've read the passage i have as my signature, but i find it encouraging to know that we are saved despite our fears of it happening otherwise.

Turok

Aug 2, 2007
(Romans6:10;14413)
Hi its me again, You are not guilty of anything a true Christian has not been through already. i myself have doubts, and fears as i delve deeper into the secrets of the Bible and what God has to say to me. you have committed no sin even unto the passage for one without fear for God is not inclined to act upon his word but upon human instinct to answer the problem they face. The only advice i can give you is to pray and read continually for the comfort of His presence to fill your heart, for that is truly all that a believer can do in these circumstances. I'm sure that you have learned from experience not to "lean on your won understanding" i don't know if you've read the passage i have as my signature, but i find it encouraging to know that we are saved despite our fears of it happening otherwise.
With regards to your signature, haven't I already failed this temptation? Christ himself said that no sin has grasped you, yet I fell so easily to temptation and to a sin that is so... dangerous. But then, I can't explain my drive for Christian knowledge, even with the fear of the new responsibilities that I'll have to take care in maintaining. The odd part of this dilemma, after just reflecting on it, is that I'm actually trying to improve myself more so then I was previously. Taking my mind off of earthly affairs, trying to catch myself before judging others, keeping my more hateful side under lock and key, generally becoming more accepting of everyone, without bias. But is this drive fueled out of a desire for atonement against the inevitable or is the holy spirit behind the wheel? Either way, I still feel an overwhelming sense of guilt, despair and well, probably every negative emotion you could think of. I appreciate the kind words though, this has been a difficult thing to type, much less speak aloud. Any encouragement is always welcome. God bless.

Romans610

Aug 3, 2007
it is always difficult to admit that you haven't everything figured out. Encouragement is what we all need, I know from experience. But no temptation has not grasped you so firmly that you are forgotten or forsaken. If there was no such thing as temptation, what would be there to grow us in our faith. it is when we are furthest away from Salvation that God is closest to our spirit. It is all a growing experience, the thirst for the knowledge I think is both a desire for atonement and the Holy Spirit working. For it is the Holy Spirit who instructs us in the paths we are to take, and if we strove not for atonement we would be submerged in a quagmire of sin, drowning out of life eternally, physically, and Closing out his promise that we are forgiven no matter what temptation we give in to.

Turok

Aug 2, 2007
(Romans6:10;14421)
it is always difficult to admit that you haven't everything figured out. Encouragement is what we all need, I know from experience. But no temptation has not grasped you so firmly that you are forgotten or forsaken. If there was no such thing as temptation, what would be there to grow us in our faith. it is when we are furthest away from Salvation that God is closest to our spirit. It is all a growing experience, the thirst for the knowledge I think is both a desire for atonement and the Holy Spirit working. For it is the Holy Spirit who instructs us in the paths we are to take, and if we strove not for atonement we would be submerged in a quagmire of sin, drowning out of life eternally, physically, and Closing out his promise that we are forgiven no matter what temptation we give in to.
It is indeed to admit, especially when you let self-assurance cloud and distort the intentions of the lord. I see your point, however, this could very well be a blessing in disguise. An emotion to motivate myself, to push myself towards god. To realign my priorities and focus my thoughts on those of spiritual matters. Still though, I feel like I'm carrying two hundred pounds on my back. Though, I suppose I should further reflect on your words and take them to heart, thank you. God bless.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No need to worry The unforgivable is a specific type of blasphemy it can only committed once only by the Elect and only when Antichrist is putting the Elect on trial Mark 13 The Antichrist will be putting the Elect on trial God says do not premeditate what you will say, as I (the holy Spirit) will speak through you. If you as an Elect of your own free will deny this holy spirit of God to speak through you at that time you will be guilty of the unforgivable sin. This will be similar to what happened to the apostles in the book of Acts when the Holy spirit of God spoke through them.Mark 13:11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

Turok

Aug 2, 2007
(kriss;14475)
No need to worry The unforgivable is a specific type of blasphemy it can only committed once only by the Elect and only when Antichrist is putting the Elect on trial Mark 13 The Antichrist will be putting the Elect on trial God says do not premeditate what you will say, as I (the holy Spirit) will speak through you. If you as an Elect of your own free will deny this holy spirit of God to speak through you at that time you will be guilty of the unforgivable sin. This will be similar to what happened to the apostles in the book of Acts when the Holy spirit of God spoke through them.Mark 13:11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
I see I have much to learn, your words fill me with confidence and relief. Thank you and god bless.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are most welcome We must never forget we having a loving Father who would never condemn us with and unforgivable sin without our full knowledge of exactly what we were doing. Matthew 12:31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.We have to have full awareness of the Holy spirit upon us before we are capable of comitting this unforgivable sin. Just as the Apostles were granted this full holy spirit in Acts so will the Elect be granted this when they are put on trial. This is Whole spirit of God with him speaking though them and full understanding of what they are saying/prophesizing. I sincerly doubt anyone will ever comitt it but God has fore warned us. What would happen should they.