The USA in the end times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Very interesting Ryan. As an ex SDA I can tell you SDAs have held your explanation for years. especially about changing the sabbath. I hope you can keep this thread going. For being a catholic you really study. I am impressed.Crooner

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Ryan Ryan Ryan.. what am I going to do with you? If you were my teenage son, I'd send you to your room.
rolleyes.gif
If you believe the Catholic Church was EVER Christ's Church, then your theory that she will somehow produce (via Pope?) the anti-Christ, you are mistaken. Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against His Church. Also, regarding what you said here: When the catholic church denies Jesus came in the flesh that is when they stop being my church and a church of God and become the antichrist. Expect to also see the elevation of Mary above Jesus ( which is getting closer to happening each day) and the doctrine that the eucharist only represents Jesus, but the catholics still continue to worship it. THAT will never happen. The Church would NEVER deny Jesus came in the flesh. Mary, will NEVER be elevated any higher than she is: The blessed Mother of Christ who's sole purpose is to lead us to her Son. Period. She's not God - She doesn't answer prayers - She prays to the God for us if we ask her. That's it. Our faith is all about JESUS - not Mary. And regarding the Eucharist - the Church will NEVER deny that it is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ. NEVER. That is the very foundation of our Faith, Ryan. You know that. The Catholic Church would NEVER embrace the heretical teaching that the Eucharist only "represents" Christ. NEVER.So your theory isn't going to happen. I'm curious Ryan.. do you attend mass faithfully? I hope so. We need the grace of our Lord in the Eucharist to strengthen us. The world is full of confusing ridiculous notions of men - keep your eye on Jesus and His Church and you won't get off track. I'm going to pray for you. :pray3:

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I attend mass about 3 times a week, and the eucharist is what makes the catholic church my favorite church. We are the only ones who have the eucharist right.I would love to believe that your saying but as I have said in other posts but 1. when Jesus says that the gates of hell will never prevail against my church he wasn't lying, but who do you think is the church he was talking about. according to the catholic theory, that the catholic church is the only church, what does that make the other protestant churches, hellbound. Does Jesus oly accept the catholic church. This is unscriptural, in the scriptures it says that anybody who proclaims jesus lord is saved. The saved our Jesus's church. Which means that when Jesus says that the flames of hell will never prevail against the church he is saying that the flames of hell will never prevail against christianity as a whole. which means that if The catholic church turns away from God then they are no longer his church, meaning they can go astray.2. and It wouldn't take much for the catholic church to proclaim the eucharist isn't jesus in the flesh and making Mary as high as God. Really all the pope would have to do is claim infallibility( on Saint Peters chair, with it applying to the whole church ect..) and make the claims, and it shall be done. needless to say infallibility makes me nervous, I already think we made a mistake making the ascension of Mary a dogma. 3. and I have scriptural evidence 2 pages long on this, can you disprove any of it??????thank you for praying for me, I could be wrong only god knows and your praying will only help me find the truth. I will do the same for you. your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well dont get me wrong I am no fan of the Catholic church (big surprise right)but you are completley wrong Ryan the catholic church is not the beast nor is America this is more of that trying to fit Gods word into our human Ideas The first beast is a one world system that will and is coming into being we call it the new world order and anti christ doesnt arise from any nation he comes to earth when he gets kicked out of heaven his name is Lucifer we call him Satan the devilNow he will set up a one world religion will the catholic church be a big part of this one world religion absoultly as will Islam and Jews and all other religions this is an abomination to God that the whole world will believe a lie a great delusion an follow antichrist. Why do they do this because they do not know how to study Gods word they do know how to read Rev. of which Daniel is a lay over of.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
At least your theory isn't the take everything literarily Tim Lahaye theory. which is getting a million people fooled.I do not hate the catholic church, on the contrary I LOVE the catholic church, it is I believe the best church to be in right now,but it is not perfect and flawed like all other churches.and I shall not limit myself to there belief. I am a christian not a catholic??Now just to get this straight when we argue about to come prophecy there is no right and wrong like when it comes to homosexuality and praying to the saints and the eucharist and the trinity and many other christian issues.We really don't know what God means by these symbols we have clues but we do not know for certain what he is talking about. Therefore there are theories backed up correctly by scripture and theories not backed up correctly by scripture. I believe that mine is backed up correctly. So if you could get out your scriptural evidence Ide be glad to battle it out. but not out of hate but out of love and openess to the truth.I'm pretty sure that I know your evidence, I'm a huge end of the world freak. But There a couple ways this belief could be backed up and I want to hear your version.One more evidence that has dawned on me is "And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world"1 john 4:3could paul have known that a portion of the christian church would become the antichrist???? It would definitley explain this confusing verseI'm not putting this in my official evidence, but it is an interesting thought. Your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
There is a story I once heard which describes the book of revelation perfectly.a couple years ago ten soon to be priest were playing basketball in a gym when one of them saw the janitor reading the bible. one of the soon to be priests asked " what are you reading there" and the janitor responded revelations. now upon this announcment the priest were astounded they replied "how can you understand it" and the janitor responded again " I can understand it perfectly" and the priests asked "what does it mean" and the janitor with a smile said"jesus wins
smile.gif
" so lets not get lost in debate and forget the real meaning of revelations, the end result, the most important partJesus Wins
smile.gif
your brother in ChristRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Book of rev. Is meant to be understood but we had to wait until the time was here it was a closed book that knowledge had to be increased we had to get to this generation before it could be unlocked completly its just people still want to mix old and new explanations it interpts itself all the answers are in the bible they have just been hidden til God wanted them all revealed the problem comes in when people wont hear what it says because they dont study scripture right or try to fit outside explanations into it. It isnt about just christians or America its about the whole world and its people

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
pretty much what I was trying to say.and some of this knowledge hasn't come to us yet so therefore their our only theories.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I guess that depends on your oipion I think we have a very short time and I cant think of a part I have no understanding of there are parts I get better than others but I do know you have to get the beginning(gen) to completley understand the end and as I said all the answers are given to us in the bible you just have to find them. God doesnt need mens opinions to interpt his word he just needs you too understand what he is telling you

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
and the one thing which we all understand isJESUS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
I'm sorry but that just sounds amazingJesus Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
ok i'll stop nowyour brother in christ Jesus wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uh.....Ryan Fitz
smile.gif

stone

Dec 16, 2007
(setfree;20296)
Are there any scriptures that relate to the USA in the end times? I was told theat the young lions in Ezekiel 38:13 refered to the USA. Has anyone else heard this?
Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? I heard this before. When the armies under the Russian leader and his coalition countries attack Israel, Jordan and Saudi Arabia along with Spain and countries that were colonialized by Spain or Brittain are going to question them saying "are you come to take a spoil?"The idea being that the Americas, were originally colonized by spain. It seems to me that while Central and south America were, it looks like the United States was more likely colonized by Brittain.So the young lions of Tarshish would be the Americas and the US if that is true. But other scholars think Tarshish is referring to a different land.The Ezekiel prophecy in chapters 38 and 39 is the next prophecy to happen. The antichrist and the 7 year tribulation won't start until after it.I thought maybe I found another prophecy about the US, in Daniel chapter 11, but it is just speculation.Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time. That word strong holds might refer to the US. When the Antichrist uses His military [of the 10 nation alliance] to start conquering it looks like he is going to be shooting off nuclear missiles [or some kind of missiles] against the strong holds, for a whole year. So the 10 countries of Europe that support the antichrist may attack the US with nuclear missiles.If any country can be said to have strong holds it is the US. Strong holds might be nuclear missile silos and military bases. But I repeat, this is just speculation and not definite.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;27134)
At least your theory isn't the take everything literarily Tim Lahaye theory. which is getting a million people fooled.I do not hate the catholic church, on the contrary I LOVE the catholic church, it is I believe the best church to be in right now,but it is not perfect and flawed like all other churches.and I shall not limit myself to there belief. I am a christian not a catholic??Now just to get this straight when we argue about to come prophecy there is no right and wrong like when it comes to homosexuality and praying to the saints and the eucharist and the trinity and many other christian issues.We really don't know what God means by these symbols we have clues but we do not know for certain what he is talking about. Therefore there are theories backed up correctly by scripture and theories not backed up correctly by scripture. I believe that mine is backed up correctly. So if you could get out your scriptural evidence Ide be glad to battle it out. but not out of hate but out of love and openess to the truth.I'm pretty sure that I know your evidence, I'm a huge end of the world freak. But There a couple ways this belief could be backed up and I want to hear your version.One more evidence that has dawned on me is "And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world"1 john 4:3could paul have known that a portion of the christian church would become the antichrist???? It would definitley explain this confusing verseI'm not putting this in my official evidence, but it is an interesting thought. Your brother in christ Ryan Fitz
There are 2 beast, one is the one world beast system, the 2nd beast is satan.beast system;Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. This is the New World order it will almost come to pass but will suffer a deadly wound to its head then antichrist Satan will arrive and heal the wound and set up his own One World beast system with himself at the head2nd beast, is SatanRev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. Who is our sacraficial lamb? Christ this beast is like a lamb pretending to be a our lamb but he speaks as a dragon (a name of Satan) Another words this fake lamb (antichist) acts like a lamb (christ)but speaks as the devil (he lies)

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;27167)
Well I guess that depends on your oipion I think we have a very short time and I cant think of a part I have no understanding of there are parts I get better than others but I do know you have to get the beginning(gen) to completley understand the end and as I said all the answers are given to us in the bible you just have to find them. God doesnt need mens opinions to interpt his word he just needs you too understand what he is telling you
Kriss,I'm honestly curious as to your opinion about WHY others who study the Bible just as much as you do, disagree about how it's going to happen?? Do you think they are purposely ignoring scriptures? Do you think they are blinded? Do you think you're smarter than they are? I don't mean that sarcastically - I just don't get why every person who seeks God with a pure heart doesn't "understand what He is telling.." Unless God is giving a myrid of messages - WHY would your way be right and everyone else who disagrees be wrong?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ok peacebewithyou I'm not kriss but I'll share what I think about this.The christian faith only has one interpretation. The problem is that there are many ways to interpret the bible which gives us the true interpretation.God has given us the imformation for the christian faith in the bible without interpretation. Everything which you NEED to know about christianity is given to us straight out.For example ask any christian who jesus is, they'll tell you the same answer almost every time, why because in Gods eye its important and therefore almost impossible to miss.But most christians want to go further than these basic truths ( mary, praying to saints, the eucharist, purgatory, mortal/venial sins, how the world will end, serpent seed ect.) and thats where differences begin. I believe that God will lead us to these truths, but in our human life very few, probably none will have all their faith revealed to them.I believe that when we die we will have all revealed to them.God gives us just enough faith straight out to live the christian life, and its enough. the rest is up to us to seek and gain our own interpretationfor him to reveal the rest is for us to seek and for him to reveal in due time. even if it could be in heaven.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;27215)
For example ask any christian who jesus is, they'll tell you the same answer almost every time, why because in Gods eye its important and therefore almost impossible to miss..
See I'd even disagree with this. I think there is much confusion about something as basic as who Jesus is. There are those who believe he was "a god" but not "God" (JW's, Mormons) - there are those who believe he was God the Father in a different form etc. It would seem that it's impossible to miss, but many miss it.
sad.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
and the ones who do miss that Jesus is god aren't christian. for they are denying the scriptures and God.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Peacebewithyou;27181)
Kriss,I'm honestly curious as to your opinion about WHY others who study the Bible just as much as you do, disagree about how it's going to happen?? Do you think they are purposely ignoring scriptures? Do you think they are blinded? Do you think you're smarter than they are? I don't mean that sarcastically - I just don't get why every person who seeks God with a pure heart doesn't "understand what He is telling.." Unless God is giving a myrid of messages - WHY would your way be right and everyone else who disagrees be wrong?
I agree with letsgofishing but also it is the failure of religions,men,churchesthey know longer teach HOW to study scripture this used to be common teaching God says it should be studied and learned precept upon preceptbut go to any church they will pick a subject and read you what scripture they want it may not be whole story or even the right story but know one knows how to check it out for themselvesWe have simply learned HOW to study how to get the answers the other thing is that people are never taught the Bible stands alone it interprets itself you need no other outside source including men all you need is Bible a concordance (for help with language) and perhaps a dictionaryIn stead we get men interpretations of scripture and we are left to hope its right. As I have said before you do not have to agree with me but you will be hard pressed to prove us wrong with scripture because as Ryan says Gods word only says one thing its men who say differentThink of a novel the whole class reads it the author only wrote one thingbut when the class has to write a report about the book everyone has a different thing to say. This is what happens with the bible but if you take the novel and pick out a main theme or character and the whole class learns everything about that subject you start to get a better idea of the authors intent Its the same with the Bible there are words and themes you divide rightlyknow how to follow subjects and being able to go to the original language and find out the real meaning of a word helps also as the translations fall shortBut the hardest thing is by far getting men's teachings out of ones head. And just letting Gods Word talkAnd J.W. Mormons and sorry Catholics to a lesser degree make it even worse because they follow their own books so you cant interpt through Gods rules so they come up with all kinds of false teachings

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;27250)
I agree with letsgofishing but also it is the failure of religions,men,churchesthey know longer teach HOW to study scripture this used to be common teaching God says it should be studied and learned precept upon preceptbut go to any church they will pick a subject and read you what scripture they want it may not be whole story or even the right story but know one knows how to check it out for themselvesWe have simply learned HOW to study how to get the answers the other thing is that people are never taught the Bible stands alone it interpts itself you need no other outside source including men all you need is Bible a concordance (for help with language) and perhaps a dictionaryIn stead we get men interptations of scripture and we are left to hope its right. As I have said before you do not have to agree with me but you will be hard pressed to prove us wrong with scripture because as Ryan says Gods word only says one thing its men who say differntThink of a novel the whole class reads it the author only wrote one thingbut when the class has to write a report about the book everyone has a differnt thing to say. This is what happens with the bible but if you take the novel and pick out a main theme or chacter and the whole class learns everything about that subject you start to get a better idea of the authors intent Its the same with the Bible there are words and themes you divde rightlyknow how to follow subjects and being able to go to the orginal language and find out the real meaning of a word helps also as the translations fall shortBut the hardest thing is by far getting mens teachings out of ones head. And just letting Gods Word talk
Thank you for that. I appreicate the way in which you explain your view.I'm curious if you believe that certain parts of the Bible were written for a certain time period, but not for everyone. I'm thinking of the verse in Jer 11 - I believe where God says he knows the plans for us... I've heard some say that was not written for us - but for those people at that time. (then again, that goes against the v. in Tim that says all scripture is inspired & beneficial.. ) At any rate, wouldn't it be difficult for someone to read the Bible and know which verses apply to whom?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Bible has a reapting theme a type theme if you will God tells us that there is nothing new under the sun that everything that happened before will happen again, the players are have differnt names but type or situation is the same after a while you began to understand these types, themes and understanding the whole plan from start to finish makes you able to fit things into place and yes there are many unfulfiled prochecys in the old testament as well as the new. The bible was written to be allwisdom for all timesso none of it is ever really over just differnt its kind of hard to explain but let me see if I can give you an exampleIn Noahs day the flood was of water the purpose of the flood was to cleanse the world of Evil. In the End times the flood is of lies Satan the purpose to weed out all the evil and cleanse the Worldthe same basic purpose done a differnt way but we wouldnt know this if we didnt study Gen. and Noahs flood first to understand the how,what, and why of Noah flood So my point is you have to take the Whole of the Bible from start to End to understandthe whole picture. It all works together to make the whole.Same as my novel above even if you disect the main chacter till you all understand himyou have to put him back into the novel to be able to get the entire picture the author is making.Hope that makes sense

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Hey peacebewithyouheres how I look at it.The bible is an amazing book. In fact we downgrade it by even calling it a book, it is so much more!!and the Bible is so amazing that most of the events and words almost have double meanings.because they relate to current events and things which happen to us today. The holy spirit was involved in writing every word and the holy spirit is omniscent because it is God ( because he is 3 in 1) so therefore it can relate to us. One passage which has struck me which applies amazingly to the current world but also to the world back when it was written is in Romans 2. Read this18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. 24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice themIdol worship right???read it again with evolution in mind Isn't that incredible, and its completley true ever since evolutions been on the rise the murder rate has risen, more people claim to be homosexual ect. It completley relates to todays situation.another example In this example Jesus tells the crowd one sentence with two truths one which relates to us today.john 6:51 51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."the obvious interpretation ( sorry Kriss) is Jesus telling us the power of the eucharist. Now obviously the jews were not thinking this, because the words "eat my flesh" also meant to attack and persecute in aramic. Jesus was saying " attack and persecute me and you gain eternal life."and also " eat my flesh ( the eucharist) and gain eternal life." both were true, we attacked and persecuted Jesus which allowed him to be the sacrificial lamb and we also partake in the eucharist to be closer to him.Amazing.note to non catholics, I AM NOT APPLYING THAT THE CATHOLIC EUCHARIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATON. Jesus also said " I am the way and the life whoever lives in me will not perish and have eternal life." there are many ways to accept Jesus . the eucharist is just one way ( even if I think its one of the best.)your brother in christRyan Fitz