The use of precedent in prophecy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rdclmn72

May 14, 2023
Dunlap TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

When a leader establishes an example to be followed, it is known as a precedent.
God establishes and follows precedents all through the bible.
There are plenty of examples where situations described in scripture are alluded to in prophecy all the way to Revelation.

One example is that of Revelation where it describes those that did not defile themselves with women.
It comes from 1Samuel where the sons of Eli despised the offerings and slept with the women that kept watch of the sanctuary.
These were priests, their task was to officiate the sacrifices, teach the word and deal with lepers.
If we take all of that into consideration we can see that the 144,000 are priests and rulers.

Reactions: Zao is life

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Gospel, the good news of the coming Kingdom of Jesus, will be proclaimed to all the world by the 144,000 missionaries selected out of all the Christian people, by Jesus as He stands on Mt Zion. Revelation 14:1-7 THEY will do it, not the angel; used here as a metaphor for them.
As the precedent of Luke 10:1-10

Two of them will witness and prophecy in Jerusalem for the final 3½ years. Revelation 11:3-13

Proved by Isaiah 66:18b-21 I am coming to gather peoples of every language, they will come to see My glory. I shall put a sign on [some of] them and they will go out to the nations, to the distant shores who have not yet heard of Me or seen My glory. They will declare My glory among all the nations.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

When a leader establishes an example to be followed, it is known as a precedent.
God establishes and follows precedents all through the bible.
There are plenty of examples where situations described in scripture are alluded to in prophecy all the way to Revelation.

One example is that of Revelation where it describes those that did not defile themselves with women.
It comes from 1Samuel where the sons of Eli despised the offerings and slept with the women that kept watch of the sanctuary.
These were priests, their task was to officiate the sacrifices, teach the word and deal with lepers.
If we take all of that into consideration we can see that the 144,000 are priests and rulers.

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Here 24 elders play harps and sing a new song, just as harpers play and sing a new song in Rev 14 while the 144k are learning that new song being sung to them. These 24 elders also are kings and priests. It is implied then that once the 144k learn the new song being sung to them, that they would also become kings and priests like the 24 elders that sing and harp. The elders were also redeemed, the same wording used for the 144k in chp 14.