The Wages of Sin is Death, even the second Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed.

Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9)

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.)

We must understand brothers and sisters there is no degree of sin. If we break one of the laws, we break them all, and the sentence for transgressing the Lord's laws is death. What we must do is keep ourselves from willful sin.
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the days of Noah, God destroyed man from the face of the earth because of his wickedness (iniquity). "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said,” I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." (Genesis 6:5-13). As a result of Noah's righteousness, only he, his wife, his three sons and their wives were saved from destruction.

Now, in these the last days, God has said that because of the overspreading of iniquity; (iniquity is one of the signs and factors of the end of the world). “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, “See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down.” And as he sat upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately saying,” Tell us, when shall these things be and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”; “Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold, but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (St. Matthew 24:1-3 & 12-14)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was speaking to some of the Jews that believed in him and he told them that, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They in turn told Jesus that they were Abraham's seed and that they were in bondage to no man. (Even though at this time the Romans were in control of Jerusalem and Herod the Idumeaen was the ruler). How say to us that we shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you; whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house forever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, "We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God." Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” (St. John 8:31-32, 34-44)

Before Satan became known as the Devil, his name was Lucifer, which means light bearer. He was the Angel in charge of bringing God's truth. The prophet Isaiah asked this question of Lucifer, "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations?" (Isaiah 14:12)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a direct result of Lucifer's iniquity, he was banished from heaven, stripped of the name Lucifer and cast down to the earth. "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground; I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.” (Ezekiel 28:16-19)

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” (Revelation 12:7-9, 12). So we see that iniquity originated with Lucifer who became Satan the devil.

As a direct result of Lucifer's iniquity, he was banished from heaven, stripped of the name Lucifer and cast down to the earth. "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground; I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.” (Ezekiel 28:16-19)

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” (Revelation 12:7-9, 12). So we see that iniquity originated with Lucifer who became Satan the devil.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear bro.tan,
As the scripture says, Christ came to fulfill the Law because mankind has no ability to do so. He fulfilled the sacrificial requirements of the Old Covenant of Law at the cross. He is now fulfilling the remaining portion of the Law under the New Covenant. Under that covenant, Christ causes a saved person to "will and do of His good pleasure". For that reason, when a person is saved, they have entered into the rest of Christ.

When I responded to your post, it was not my intention to repeat our last discussion.

Joe
He magnified the Law, and showed us that sin is not just an overt act, but begins and is accountable within.

Jesus died for us (No more sacrifices need). We accept him and become new creatures. We want to do His will.
"If ye love me, keep My Commandments.

And the New covenant is actually from the OT!
Look!!! .
Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might

Lev 19: 18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself I am the Lord

How can the Commandments be done away with, if EVERY ONE of them teaches love for God and neighbor? You keep 9 of them, I bet.
I know why you use this as an argument, and you do as well. Because of the Sabbath.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe SAtans name is Lucifer.
Isa 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Who is this then?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Who is this then?
Not Satan.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He magnified the Law, and showed us that sin is not just an overt act, but begins and is accountable within.

Jesus died for us (No more sacrifices need). We accept him and become new creatures. We want to do His will.
"If ye love me, keep My Commandments.

And the New covenant is actually from the OT!
Look!!! .
Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might

Lev 19: 18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself I am the Lord

How can the Commandments be done away with, if EVERY ONE of them teaches love for God and neighbor? You keep 9 of them, I bet.
I know why you use this as an argument, and you do as well. Because of the Sabbath.
Dear Cassandra,
A converted believer will keep the Law because Christ fulfills the Law for them.

The sacrificial ordinances were fulfilled at the cross. The Sabbath Day law is fulfilled when a person is converted and they enter into the rest of Christ. The remainder of the law is fulfilled by loving God and our neighbor. And since Christ is the one who causes a converted believer to "will and do of His good pleasure", Christ fulfills that, too. There is nothing left for the person to do. They contribute nothing toward their salvation because Christ does all the work. For that reason, Paul says that no one has anything to boast about concerning their salvation.

If a person believes that they must contribute their own works toward their salvation, they are saying that they have something to boast about. From this false understanding of how a person is saved, it will cause them to believe that they are smarter, wiser, or just not as evil as those who continue to reject Christ. This makes for a very self-righteous Christian.

When a believer adds their own works to the works of Christ (even just one), they are committing the "sin that leads to death". This sin will cause them to fall from grace (Gal 5:1-4) and lose their salvation. It is by this sin that Satan kills the saints. "Falling away" happens to all new believers shortly after they are given the Early Rain of the Spirit. No one has the ability to direct their own steps to avoid becoming "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45).

Below are some scriptures which teach the truth about whether or not mankind must contribute their own works to their salvation:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Prov 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Isa 26:12 O Jehovah, thou appointest peace to us, for, all our works also thou hast wrought for us.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Do you believe that mankind has a "free will" to make decisions and to decide who to follow (Christ or Satan)?

Scripture says that mankind has no such ability. Only God the Father has a free will, and with it, He rules supreme. Nothing in God's creation happens without God causing it to happen; even all the evil in the world.

Prov 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jer 10:23 I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

Prov 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Ecc 1:13 An experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Ecc 7:13 Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the Most High doth not there proceed evil and good?

Ezek 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

God is spirit and He works spiritually within all mankind. He directs each person's steps and He has always done so. However, since mankind is carnal, we have no ability to see the spiritual work that God does within our heart.

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity (the world, our carnality) in their heart so that the man may NOT find out His work, that which God does, that which God does from the beginning to the end.

Because mankind cannot see the spiritual work of God, mankind believes that they are making their own decisions and directing their own paths. But God says differently.

Do you have the faith necessary to believe Him?

As for keeping the Sabbath Day law, converted believers keep it spiritually. The Sabbath Day law under the Old Covenant is kept physically (one day a week). However, that law foreshadows the time when it is spiritually fulfilled under the New Covenant.

The Old Covenant is outward and physical. It requires man's works to follow it (which cannot be done). In contrast, the New Covenant is inward and spiritual. It requires no work from man to follow it. All the works of the New Covenant are the works of Christ. For that reason, when a person is saved (converted), they will enter into the rest of Christ who will do the work. In this way, Christ is fulfilling the Sabbath Day law within the person. At that time, the believer will rest 24/7 from their own works.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works (works of faith) do follow them.

The phrase "blessed are the dead" represents Elect believers who have been converted. They have spiritually died and have been "born again" as a child of God. This concept is what these verses teach:

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Consider communion; it is also spiritually fulfilled after a person is converted:

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

After a believer is given the Early Rain of the Spirit and a measure of faith, they will remain carnally minded and spiritually blind. Because of these weaknesses, they will remain unconverted. In this condition, they will physically consume the Lord's communion - this means that their understanding of the Word of God is carnal and not spiritual. But when Christ "comes again" with the Latter Rain and heals the believer's spiritual blindness, they will begin receiving the Lord's communion spiritually. This happens as Christ feeds His truth (bread) and New Wine (New Covenant) to the believer by the "Spirit of Truth" which is now within them. This event is also called the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Another example is water baptism. After a person receives the Early Rain of the Spirit, they will be physically baptized in water. Water baptism is a physical "type" which foreshadows its spiritual fulfillment which occurs when a believer receives the baptism of the Spirit (the Latter Rain).

Joe

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of our present day Christian preachers teach against the Law, Prophets and most important Jesus Himself. By making statements such as, "we don't have to keep that old law its been nailed to the cross." These preachers use the books of Paul to make that statement. If that were true, that would mean no one would be able to sin. Why? Paul says in Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. In other words if there is no law there is no sin. Sin is not imputed or no blame can be accredited to any person when there is no law. Now, let’s see what Sin is according to the Bible in I John 3:4 it states, "whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." So if the law was nailed to the cross that would mean its okay to use the Lords name in vain, put other gods before HIM, make graven images and bow before them, pollute the Sabbath day, steal, commit murder, commit adultery and bear false witness. If all these things are okay to commit, then we might as well throw the Bible out the back door and do what ever feels good to us.

Now let's begin by taking a look at both of the laws and how they worked together. We will see there were two laws given to Moses, they were the commandments and the sacrificial law. Watch how they worked together.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them: (Leviticus 4:1-2) The law in the scriptures above is the commandments.

Notice something else very important in these two scriptures. It states, "if a soul shall sin through ignorance." Notice that the scripture did not says on purpose. Why? There is no sacrifice for a sin that is committed willfully. Let's find out what was to be done if a person committed a sin against the Lord unintentionally. Let's skip down to the 27th verse and take a look at the second law (which is the sacrificial law).

And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty; Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering. And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar. (Leviticus 4:27-30)

When the common people sinned through ignorance and it came to their knowledge, what did they have to do? They brought an offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for their sin which they had committed, then the priest would offer the animal to the Lord. Think about this for a moment. If an animal was killed for a person that committed sin, what will happen to us today if we a trespass against the Lord?

We will find that out later. Now we see how the sacrificial law was used when a person broke a commandment unintentionally.

Let's go into Paul's writings and take another look at both of these laws. We will go into the Book of Galatians chapter 3. This is one of the chapters that the majority of Christian preachers use to do away with the Lord's commandments. Now, let's read carefully!

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. (Galatians 3:19)

Take heed to what Paul's says above, "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions." What is transgression? Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. (I John 3:4) Transgression is braking of the commandments. What law was added because of the braking of the law? The sacrificial law! Paul is simply asking these Gentiles, "why perform the sacrificial law? It was added because of sin until the seed should come. Who is the seed? Let's back up in this chapter and find out.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to thy seed, which is Christ. (Galatians 3:16) Who is the SEED? CHRIST! So, this law was added (which is the sacrificial law) until Christ came. What was the sacrificial law used for until Christ came? Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. (Galatians 3:24)

The sacrificial law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. Before we continue, we must clear one thing up. Are we justified by faith alone? Let's see. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31) What law is established? Certainly not the sacrificial law, we have seen above that it was added because of transgression until the Seed came (which was Christ). The Royal law to be established forever which are the Ten Lords commandments!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away,

Christianity is not......"Get saved so that you can go back to the Law, that was only given to begin with to bring us to the Cross".

"The Law is the power of sin" "The Power of sin is the Law".

"Christ came to redeem you from the : CURSE OF THE LAW"..

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW for Righteousness, to/for, everyone who believes".

The born again "are not under the Law.....but under Grace".

"The law came by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH, came by Jesus".

If you are a believer, born again, and you have gone back to law and commandment keeping, to try to stay saved...

A.) You are "fallen from Grace"

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is not......"Get saved so that you can go back to the Law, that was only given to begin with to bring us to the Cross".

"The Law is the power of sin" "The Power of sin is the Law".

"Christ came to redeem you from the : CURSE OF THE LAW"..

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW for Righteousness, to/for, everyone who believes".

The born again "are not under the Law.....but under Grace".
Well, Roman Christianity is not going to teach you what law you are not under. I see they have taught you also that you are born again, which is a change in the body, not the mind. You probably also go to church on a day that's not written in the Bible as well, Sunday. You probably do some other things as well that's not written in the Bible as well also, like Easter, Christmas, etc. Jesus says in Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. When people see works in the Bible spoken by Paul and they see law, being put together, they assume that’s talking about the Royal law (Commandments). The works of the law was nail to the cross, and that works were animal sacrificial laws.

Let’s first take a look at this law that was nail to the cross that Paul explains in Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins.

Let’s take a look at both laws in one verse, the Royal law (Ten commandments) and the animal sacrificial law in Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. This law is part of the commandments. Paul, is quoting Moses, let's take a look. Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:26). So when you broke the royal law (commandments), you have to do the works of the law, and this was animal sacrifice.

So now Jesus is the High Priest, no need to deal with that law any more for now. The first works you have to put in for is repentance. You have to repent. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, (Act 3: 19).

"The law came by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH, came by Jesus".

If you are a believer, born again, and you have gone back to law and commandment keeping, to try to stay saved...

A.) You are "fallen from Grace"

Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once you are quote “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says.......Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:3)

The spirit in this case is the word of God, but pay close attention to what Paul says at the end of the verse. "Are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" Can we be made perfect by the flesh? What flesh is Paul talking about? Let's go to the book of Hebrews and find out.

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

The flesh Paul spoke of was the animal sacrifices. Notice what the verse says, "never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect." That's pretty clear don't you think? Let's go back to Galatians chapter 3 and take note how Paul uses the word "law" but does not say this is the sacrificial law or the Commandments. But as we read further in the chapter we will see the difference between the two.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. (Galatians 3:10)

We have both Laws with in this verse. In the first part of the verse where it states, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:" This law is the sacrificial law, let's skip to the 13th verse and we will see this clearly. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Galatians 3:13)

Notice what's being said, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us." How was he made a curse for us? He took on our sins and redeemed us from the curse of the sacrificial law which could never take away sin. Now take a look at the next set of verses and we will see indeed that only the sacrificial law was nailed to the cross.

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:13-14)

Notice this, "He quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. Why was this law (which is the sacrificial law) contrary to us?

Notice this in Hebrews the 10th chapter; For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4) For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. That is why it was contrary to us. The sacrificial law simply could not make us perfect