The waster:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We can think of the servant that buried his talent here. Sloth is a spiritual lethargy that causes us to not advance in the knowledge of God.

I think we all suffer from this at times ....just think of the 10 virgins who ALL fell asleep.

We need to be awake.

There is a spirit called "rouach tardemah"

Is. 29:10 For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets; And He has covered your heads, the seers.

Why would God do this?

Well, God is not going to chase us around to get things done. We need to go to Him. If we present a slack attitude to God, then He will send the waster.

The wicked servant in this parable was the only Good guy in the story. The man who goes away is Satan and the Wicked servant kept the money safe in line with the Law of Moses while Satan was away and did not use the money he was given to oppress the people around him. As such the servant who buried the talent did not have a spirit of lethargy nor was he a sloth. He was in fact advancing the knowledge of the kingdom of God to Satan his master at that time and to the people he refused to oppress.

Perhaps you need to consider more carefully the scriptures and your understanding before you post.

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The wicked servant in this parable was the only Good guy in the story. The man who goes away is Satan and the Wicked servant kept the money safe in line with the Law of Moses while Satan was away and did not use the money he was given to oppress the people around him. As such the servant who buried the talent did not have a spirit of lethargy nor was he a sloth. He was in fact advancing the knowledge of the kingdom of God to Satan his master at that time and to the people he refused to oppress.
This is quite a bizarre interpretation since it turns the parable on its head.

Reactions: faithfulness

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is quite a bizarre interpretation since it turns the parable on its head.

Why is it bizarre?

What is bizarre is the fact that you do not have this same understanding of both the Luke 19 and Matt 24 parables on the same theme of what will happen when Satan is imprisoned for 1,000 years in the bottomless pit here on the earth. During the Millennium Age Satan is going to have his good and faithful human servants at oppressing their neighbours around them, working for him to oppress the people of the earth through the lending of money to people which will probably be at high interest rates.

The parable of the Talents is not about working real hard to bring in the Kingdom of God. That is contrary to what Jesus said was required to help bring in the Kingdom of God in John 6. He did not speak of working real hard and using our abilities in John 6, to bring in the Kingdom of God, but rather He told those who were following Him that people had to only believe on Him who God had Sent.

Shalom

PS: - Who is the person/entity who has no rights to the harvest in the kingdom? He is the person who goes a way for a time.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There is so much I wish I could share about the waster. Regardless of your view or belief on works or judgement or fire, even if what you believe is way different from mine; I pray you can consider a perspective to not replace your own, but compliment it: The waster...a weapon of destruction formed against me...the waster was the last forty years of my life where I ate of my own flesh and the works of it. Where I ate of my own flesh and deeds until I was so sick of them that I couldn't stand another bite. Death reigned. This weapon of destruction formed against me brought death and a cry to our Father in heaven to save me from my own works of destruction and consumption of bad fruit. God took this weapon formed to bring destruction and turned it around in His ways, in His love for...Reconciliation. Acts 14:22 "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God"

As above the flesh profits nothing, this weapon forged against the sons of God...loses its power but instead becomes the very instrument that brings the travail that causes one to enter into the kingdom God where Spirit(His) profits all. Consider the Pharisees and how they prevented others from entering the kingdom with their self-glorification. How can I say the past forty-years of my life were created to be wasted...all those works of the flesh to be cast into a fire to be burned? Those years formed to bring death and destruction, are also the very years that caused me to seek God and His kingdom. Reconciliation. We often hear someone take the power of a sickness or disease and turn it around admitting...it was the illness or disease that forced them to seek the Spiritual. Consider then, when the flesh of others rise against us in hatred and spite, and cruelty, when we are openly flogged, called reprobates, suffer persecution, suffer others false witness, others that attack out of fear and bitterness...the weapon of the waster is turned around and God removes its power and rule over us. The very thing that weakens the flesh and destroys it so that His Spirit reigns strong in a heart. This makes it easier to love your enemies when God shows us they(our enemies) are a major part of the purification. Same as, if someone thrives on getting under others flesh and chipping away with the abrasive action of spite and resentment and envy...you might be a weapon of destruction in the refining of another entering the Kingdom of God. Do we build up in the Spirit of love? Or tear down through bitterness? 1 Corinthians 5:5 " to deliver such an one unto Satan(the waster) for the destruction of the flesh(the weapon formed against us), that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." ...and we enter into the Kingdom of God.

Do you restore another?
Or do(you) love to waste another?
Both have a time and purpose.
But consider...if you are in the business of destruction and wasting: does the flesh still reign instead of God who is love. Are you the wasters brother? It is for your good to examine this...those flesh you waste and destory May enter into the kingdom of God.

Will you?
Are you a vessel of Honour? (Works of the Spirit) . Or one of dishonor? (Works of the flesh)? Consider Jesus Christ and the works of His own flesh(the physical Jews) against Him...but those works of flesh and destruction turned and became reconciliation for mankind. The very thing(tribulation) by which the Son enters into His kingdom.
You're a great thinker. I admire you.
What to say? You've said it all.
God can turn evil to good as the OT proclaims.
Genesis 50:20

What I'd like to say is that every move we make and every word we say serves either God or the enemy.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Perhaps you need to consider more carefully the scriptures and your understanding before you post.

Shalom

The bible I read puts Jesus as the "Good" guy. You may need to consider which bible you are reading. Or is it...how you are reading the bible you have?

Last edited:

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom

I think perhaps you need to consider your own advice here my friend, you're way off base.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This terrifies me. My current state is a darkness/confusion in which I can't seem to find God or understand anything about Him. I've had this happen before and was helped by John of the cross' book. But this time it doesn't seem to be ending and it becomes increasingly harder to stay calm. And yet I do stay calm, with only brief...thrashes or...moments of bitter despair. But then I read something like your post and I begin to doubt that God is doing this and wonder if I am the cause of it.I

Not in a great place except for a brief glimmer of remembrance that when He returns, I am blessed beyond what I had ever known.

I have always called these times fasts in spirit. I can even sometimes help someone else while I am in one. But this one is just too long and I am getting worn down.

Does anyone understand me?
I understand you because I go through the exact same thing. And, as I have a long time friend who is going through way more than I and she calls me several times a day. I find it is possible to comfort her even through my own low periods. God Bless you and, keep up the good fight...I will be praying for you sister.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a great thinker. I admire you.
What to say? You've said it all.
God can turn evil to good as the OT proclaims.
Genesis 50:20

What I'd like to say is that every move we make and every word we say serves either God or the enemy.

Thank you but it is quite alarming. I’m nothing. I’ve failed at every single thing attempted in my life until one day I submitted and meant it to my core when I told God, “if you want me to be a failure, then I will be a failure.” It felt as if I had been fighting something contrary to my own wants my entire life. God also said You have no need that any man teach you but that He will show you and He keeps His word. He uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. I am one of those foolish things. That should tell you the state I was in before God. Please, don’t admire me...admire God, without Him every man is nothing.

Yes every move and action either serves God or the enemy.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, yes, I have failed at everything too. I also told Him I would continue to be poor and a failure by the worlds standards if that was His will for me. The funny thing is, I was rich by the worlds estimation before I met God. It has only been since I met Him that I have become a poor failure. Go figure.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thank you but it is quite alarming. I’m nothing. I’ve failed at every single thing attempted in my life until one day I submitted and meant it to my core when I told God, “if you want me to be a failure, then I will be a failure.” It felt as if I had been fighting something contrary to my own wants my entire life. God also said You have no need that any man teach you but that He will show you and He keeps His word. He uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. I am one of those foolish things. That should tell you the state I was in before God. Please, don’t admire me...admire God, without Him every man is nothing.

Yes every move and action either serves God or the enemy.
Don't put yourself down.
God has done a mighty work in you.
You have a deep understanding of God's word.
Maybe what you were fighting your whole life was God?

No one is a failure who knows God!

Of course the Waster is satan. He'd love us to waste our lives, and most do.
Looking for love in all the wrong places,,,as is said.
But the happy ones who have found the truth are happy and truly free.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The funny thing is, I was rich by the worlds estimation before I met God. It has only been since I met Him that I have become a poor failure. Go figure.

It doesn’t seem odd. It is when all the riches by the worlds standards fail, that we see we are not rich at all without God...reguardless of what the world tries to feed us. Your testimony reminds of: Proverbs 18:11-12
[11] The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit. [12] Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
Before destruction...”: Who can save a rich man held in bondage behind a high wall of conceit? God can. Do you see: God will allow destruction to overtake the heart of the haughty to bring that heart low before Him in humility...then comes Honour.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
Isa 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
Isa 30:11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
Isa 30:12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
Isa 30:13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.
Isa 30:14 And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters' vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit.
Isa 30:15 For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.
Isa 30:16 But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.
Isa 30:17 One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Isa 30:20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:
Isa 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

No pretense here of understanding all...except in turning and returning, resting, being still, willingly receiving the bread and water HE gives and hearing...
Psalm 119:75
I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It doesn’t seem odd. It is when all the riches by the worlds standards fail, that we see we are not rich at all without God...reguardless of what the world tries to feed us. Your testimony reminds of: Proverbs 18:11-12
[11] The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit. [12] Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
Before destruction...”: Who can save a rich man held in bondage behind a high wall of conceit? God can. Do you see: God will allow destruction to overtake the heart of the haughty to bring that heart low before Him in humility...then comes Honour.

You said:
It is when all the riches by the worlds standards fail, that we see we are not rich at all without God...

Why do you suppose that is?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said:
It is when all the riches by the worlds standards fail, that we see we are not rich at all without God...

Why do you suppose that is?

Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know why He designed it to be fulfilled this way. Maybe to have confidence in Him and Him only, all else has to fail. I used to hear a tryant-of-a-God that was only after seeking a great name for Himself. We were pointless and discardable. That is not God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

God’s great name sake He seeks is US. That is truly humbling. HE is not a tyrant. We want to say people are hopeless but I see them heavily pursued by a loving God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know why He designed it to be fulfilled this way. Maybe to have confidence in Him and Him only, all else has to fail. I used to hear a tryant-of-a-God that was only after seeking a great name for Himself. We were pointless and discardable. That is not God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

God’s great name sake He seeks is US. That is truly humbling. HE is not a tyrant. We want to say people are hopeless but I see them heavily pursued by a loving God.
I believe that God seeks everyone. As you've said. But not everyone seeks Him.
They're too busy going to school and studying, or seeking a good job, or falling in love and wanting to start a family, or desiring to accumulate a fortune. Everyone is so busy living life.

Maybe when we lose something important, or hit bottom, we could stop long enough to take inventory and find that life hasnt much to offer us after all. Maybe that's when we examine this life and discover there has to be something more.

Maybe we discover that the something more is God!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Shalom

The bible I read puts Jesus as the "Good" guy. You may need to consider which bible you are reading. Or is it...how you are reading the bible you have?

I think perhaps you need to consider your own advice here my friend, you're way off base.
For those interested see the Parable of the Talents on our blog post.

The above last three quotes of previous posts where the third references a blog, are examples of the waster servants at work. Both Episkopos and Harvest 1874 are the Good servants of the Waster, Satan, in this instance. They are holding to the understanding of the traditions of their branch of the faith and in doing so bring oppression on anyone who does not hold to their tradition.

They are saying that to bring in the kingdom harvest we the "disciples" of Jesus must work real hard to do so which is contrary to what Jesus taught in Johns 6.

Sadly they are making people feel like a failure for not working hard enough to bring in the kingdom and are causing them to burn out through he exhaustion of working so hard. In the parable of the Talents, the "Good" servants reward is to join Satan in Satan's Joy of Satan gaining "deity" within the world. In other words, their Joy is to worship with joy, the waster, Satan.

God's wants to be able to use our weakness to overcome Satan the waster. In our weakness, we come to the realisation that we cannot do it in our own strength, but must turn our lives only over to God. It is when we do this that we will have rest in our souls and gained our Freedom through God, being no longer a bond servant to Satan, the waster.

God is drawing us to Himself. Satan is forcing and coercing people into his web of lies and destruction.

Our hope is found when we acknowledge our own weakness and the realisation that In and through Christ we gain our Salvation as was promised from the beginning of man's time.

Shalom

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The above last three quotes of previous posts where the third references a blog, are examples of the waster servants at work. Both Episkopos and Harvest 1874 are the Good servants of the Waster, Satan, in this instance. They are holding to the understanding of the traditions of their branch of the faith and in doing so bring oppression on anyone who does not hold to their tradition.

They are saying that to bring in the kingdom harvest we the "disciples" of Jesus must work real hard to do so which is contrary to what Jesus taught in Johns 6.

Sadly they are making people feel like a failure for not working hard enough to bring in the kingdom and are causing them to burn out through he exhaustion of working so hard. In the parable of the Talents, the "Good" servants reward is to join Satan in Satan's Joy of Satan gaining "deity" within the world. In other words, their Joy is to worship with joy, the waster, Satan.

God's wants to be able to use our weakness to overcome Satan the waster. In our weakness, we come to the realisation that we cannot do it in our own strength, but must turn our lives only over to God. It is when we do this that we will have rest in our souls and gained our Freedom through God, being no longer a bond servant to Satan, the waster.

God is drawing us to Himself. Satan is forcing and coercing people into his web of lies and destruction.

Our hope is found when we acknowledge our own weakness and the realisation that In and through Christ we gain our Salvation as was promised from the beginning of man's time.

Shalom

This is the first I hear of this upside down idea...that Satan gives out the talents...looking for profit?
This is saying that Satan will cast people into outer darkness on judgment day. As if he was the judge of men. This is backwards and upside down.

What lengths will people go to to avoid the truth?

The rewards are for the next age. People will rule and reign with Jesus. Not the devil.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the first I hear of this upside down idea...that Satan gives out the talents...looking for profit?
This is saying that Satan will cast people into outer darkness on judgment day. As if he was the judge of men. This is backwards and upside down.

What lengths will people go to to avoid the truth?

The rewards are for the next age. People will rule and reign with Jesus. Not the devil.

Then spend some time over what I have posted, go to God's word and search out if the "Wicked Servant" abided by God's word with respect to keeping the one talent he had been give safe until he was able to return it. Also the wicked servant was speaking the truth concerning the fact that the man on his return was not entitled to collect any gain from the harvest as he had not sown the seed, or prepared the soil, or watered the field or tended to the field while the harvest crop was growing. If you are diligent, then you will see the truth of the matter.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then spend some time over what I have posted, go to God's word and search out if the "Wicked Servant" abided by God's word with respect to keeping the one talent he had been give safe until he was able to return it. Also the wicked servant was speaking the truth concerning the fact that the man on his return was not entitled to collect any gain from the harvest as he had not sown the seed, or prepared the soil, or watered the field or tended to the field while the harvest crop was growing. If you are diligent, then you will see the truth of the matter.

Actually the talent is an amount of grace in the analogy. What we do with that grace determines what happens to us. A talent is a very large amount of money. A lifetimes' worth. It is an advance. We are meant to make a return in character...or maturity...for the purity we have been given. To whom much is given, more is required. That is the way of the kingdom.