The waster:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The waster: who or WHAT is it... Isaiah 54:16-17 says “Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. [17] No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord .

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;”

John 6:63
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

A weapon of destruction will not prosper but be turned again and put within the Spirits hand...if there is “slaying in the spirit”...this is it. The devil meant to destory Jesus Christ in the wilderness but the Holy Spirit of God “drove” the Son into the wilderness for our good. As with Joseph who suffered imprisonment; what Joseph’s brothers meant for evil, God meant for good. What the flesh means for evil against us, God turns no doubt into good.

Proverbs 18:9
[9] He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much I wish I could share about the waster. Regardless of your view or belief on works or judgement or fire, even if what you believe is way different from mine; I pray you can consider a perspective to not replace your own, but compliment it: The waster...a weapon of destruction formed against me...the waster was the last forty years of my life where I ate of my own flesh and the works of it. Where I ate of my own flesh and deeds until I was so sick of them that I couldn't stand another bite. Death reigned. This weapon of destruction formed against me brought death and a cry to our Father in heaven to save me from my own works of destruction and consumption of bad fruit. God took this weapon formed to bring destruction and turned it around in His ways, in His love for...Reconciliation. Acts 14:22 "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God"

As above the flesh profits nothing, this weapon forged against the sons of God...loses its power but instead becomes the very instrument that brings the travail that causes one to enter into the kingdom God where Spirit(His) profits all. Consider the Pharisees and how they prevented others from entering the kingdom with their self-glorification. How can I say the past forty-years of my life were created to be wasted...all those works of the flesh to be cast into a fire to be burned? Those years formed to bring death and destruction, are also the very years that caused me to seek God and His kingdom. Reconciliation. We often hear someone take the power of a sickness or disease and turn it around admitting...it was the illness or disease that forced them to seek the Spiritual. Consider then, when the flesh of others rise against us in hatred and spite, and cruelty, when we are openly flogged, called reprobates, suffer persecution, suffer others false witness, others that attack out of fear and bitterness...the weapon of the waster is turned around and God removes its power and rule over us. The very thing that weakens the flesh and destroys it so that His Spirit reigns strong in a heart. This makes it easier to love your enemies when God shows us they(our enemies) are a major part of the purification. Same as, if someone thrives on getting under others flesh and chipping away with the abrasive action of spite and resentment and envy...you might be a weapon of destruction in the refining of another entering the Kingdom of God. Do we build up in the Spirit of love? Or tear down through bitterness? 1 Corinthians 5:5 " to deliver such an one unto Satan(the waster) for the destruction of the flesh(the weapon formed against us), that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." ...and we enter into the Kingdom of God.

Do you restore another?
Or do(you) love to waste another?
Both have a time and purpose.
But consider...if you are in the business of destruction and wasting: does the flesh still reign instead of God who is love. Are you the wasters brother? It is for your good to examine this...those flesh you waste and destory May enter into the kingdom of God.

Will you?
Are you a vessel of Honour? (Works of the Spirit) . Or one of dishonor? (Works of the flesh)? Consider Jesus Christ and the works of His own flesh(the physical Jews) against Him...but those works of flesh and destruction turned and became reconciliation for mankind. The very thing(tribulation) by which the Son enters into His kingdom.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...and I have created the waster to destroy...
The Waster is none other than the Destroyer, and the Destroyer is none other than Apollyon (Hebrew Abaddon), and Apollyon is none other than Satan.

And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. (Rev 9:11)

Strong's Concordance
Abaddón: Abaddon, the angel of the abyss
Original Word: Ἀβαδδών, ὁ
Part of Speech: Proper Noun, Indeclinable
Transliteration: Abaddón
Phonetic Spelling: (ab-ad-dohn')
Short Definition: Abaddon
Definition: Abaddon, Destroyer (i.e. Destroying Angel) or place of destruction (personified).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is so much I wish I could share about the waster. Regardless of your view or belief on works or judgement or fire, even if what you believe is way different from mine; I pray you can consider a perspective to not replace your own, but compliment it: The waster...a weapon of destruction formed against me...the waster was the last forty years of my life where I ate of my own flesh and the works of it. Where I ate of my own flesh and deeds until I was so sick of them that I couldn't stand another bite. Death reigned. This weapon of destruction formed against me brought death and a cry to our Father in heaven to save me from my own works of destruction and consumption of bad fruit. God took this weapon formed to bring destruction and turned it around in His ways, in His love for...Reconciliation. Acts 14:22 "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God"

As above the flesh profits nothing, this weapon forged against the sons of God...loses its power but instead becomes the very instrument that brings the travail that causes one to enter into the kingdom God where Spirit(His) profits all. Consider the Pharisees and how they prevented others from entering the kingdom with their self-glorification. How can I say the past forty-years of my life were created to be wasted...all those works of the flesh to be cast into a fire to be burned? Those years formed to bring death and destruction, are also the very years that caused me to seek God and His kingdom. Reconciliation. We often hear someone take the power of a sickness or disease and turn it around admitting...it was the illness or disease that forced them to seek the Spiritual. Consider then, when the flesh of others rise against us in hatred and spite, and cruelty, when we are openly flogged, called reprobates, suffer persecution, suffer others false witness, others that attack out of fear and bitterness...the weapon of the waster is turned around and God removes its power and rule over us. The very thing that weakens the flesh and destroys it so that His Spirit reigns strong in a heart. This makes it easier to love your enemies when God shows us they(our enemies) are a major part of the purification. Same as, if someone thrives on getting under others flesh and chipping away with the abrasive action of spite and resentment and envy...you might be a weapon of destruction in the refining of another entering the Kingdom of God. Do we build up in the Spirit of love? Or tear down through bitterness? 1 Corinthians 5:5 " to deliver such an one unto Satan(the waster) for the destruction of the flesh(the weapon formed against us), that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." ...and we enter into the Kingdom of God.

Do you restore another?
Or do(you) love to waste another?
Both have a time and purpose.
But consider...if you are in the business of destruction and wasting: does the flesh still reign instead of God who is love. Are you the wasters brother? It is for your good to examine this...those flesh you waste and destory May enter into the kingdom of God.

Will you?
Are you a vessel of Honour? (Works of the Spirit) . Or one of dishonor? (Works of the flesh)? Consider Jesus Christ and the works of His own flesh(the physical Jews) against Him...but those works of flesh and destruction turned and became reconciliation for mankind. The very thing(tribulation) by which the Son enters into His kingdom.
It is the love of righteousness that shifts the perspective. This is not to be confused with the lip service that declares the love of righteousness. It is a shift in the heart, the core of a man's consciousness.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the love of righteousness that shifts the perspective. This is not to be confused with the lip service that declares the love of righteousness. It is a shift in the heart, the core of a man's consciousness.

True.

There is a saying “anyone forced against their will is of the same opinion still.” I don’t know how He does it but He calls then gives us enough room to make the decision to follow.

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Waster is none other than the Destroyer, and the Destroyer is none other than Apollyon (Hebrew Abaddon), and Apollyon is none other than Satan.

And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. (Rev 9:11)

Strong's Concordance
Abaddón: Abaddon, the angel of the abyss
Original Word: Ἀβαδδών, ὁ
Part of Speech: Proper Noun, Indeclinable
Transliteration: Abaddón
Phonetic Spelling: (ab-ad-dohn')
Short Definition: Abaddon
Definition: Abaddon, Destroyer (i.e. Destroying Angel) or place of destruction (personified).

While I do agree with you, it also seems not that clear-cut and simple. Otherwise there wouldn’t be the thread: “Who or what is the fire burning?”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of “chastisement” is one I can’t walk away from. Maybe others can help with perspective. Here is why it is important to me: to see a need in someone tortured and to see what to pray for. Pertaining to serpents and scorpions...

Luke 11:11-13
[11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Man(without God) gives his children stones. God gives His children bread(Spirit).
Man(without God) gives his children a serpent. God gives His children fish(Spirit).
Man without God gives his children a scorpion. God gives his children an egg(Spirit).

1 Kings 12:10-11
[10] And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins. [11] And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

Ezekiel 2:6-10 KJV
[6] And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. [7] And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. [8] But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. [9] And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein; [10] And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

Luke 10:19-20
[19] Behold, I give unto you power to tread(walk on)on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. [20] Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can think of the servant that buried his talent here. Sloth is a spiritual lethargy that causes us to not advance in the knowledge of God.

I think we all suffer from this at times ....just think of the 10 virgins who ALL fell asleep.

We need to be awake.

There is a spirit called "rouach tardemah"

Is. 29:10 For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets; And He has covered your heads, the seers.

Why would God do this?

Well, God is not going to chase us around to get things done. We need to go to Him. If we present a slack attitude to God, then He will send the waster.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can think of the servant that buried his talent here. Sloth is a spiritual lethargy that causes us to not advance in the knowledge of God.

I think we all suffer from this at times ....just think of the 10 virgins who ALL fell asleep.

We need to be awake.

Is. 29:10 For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets; And He has covered your heads, the seers.

Why would God do this?

Well, God is not going to chase us around to get things done. We need to go to Him. If we present a slack attitude to God, then He will send the waster.

Is it the same spirit of deep sleep here: Genesis 2:21 [21] And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Or here in Genesis 15:12
[12] And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Or here: Mark 15:33-34
[33] And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. [34] And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 22:53
[53] When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it the same spirit of deep sleep here: Genesis 2:21 [21] And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Or here in Genesis 15:12
[12] And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Or here: Mark 15:33-34
[33] And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. [34] And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 22:53
[53] When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

In the case of Adam...it doesn't say spirit of deep sleep...but simply deep sleep. So then he was entirely asleep. That isn't a problem.

But to be spiritually asleep when we claim to see and understanding things...THAT is a big problem.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We need to be awake.

Why would God do this?

Thank you Lord...for letting me glean in Your field.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the case of Adam...it doesn't say spirit of deep sleep...but simply deep sleep. So then he was entirely asleep. That isn't a problem.

But to be spiritually asleep when we claim to see and understanding things...THAT is a big problem.

Maybe it is wrong but I’ve see it as woman was taken out of man. Gender difference created. The model being (us) the woman of the church being put into the man which is Christ(One body) doing away with the gender that was created in separation of flesh now (two becoming One in Spirit) Something of a horror happened in this deep sleep. No, it doesn’t say the spirit of deep sleep fell on Adam but it does say deep sleep.

Consider how the world is of division and confusion and gender many nations and tongues. We are not of the world but of unity and of sound mind and of a pure tongue; neither male or female, neither Greek nor Jew ...but made One and Whole in Christ.

With Abraham and the horror of deep sleep that fell upon Him, God made a covenant with Abraham for not a promised seed in the darkness (spiritual darkness) but for a people removed, set aside, taken out of darkness and placed within the Ark(Christ). This is a people not of darkness or the hour of it...but removed out (set apart as His continuing seed)from the hour of darkness and placed into Christ and His light and His path.

John 12:35-36
[35] Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. [36] While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Which aligns with 2 Corinthians 5:14-17
[14] For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: [15] And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. [16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We know no man after darkness...because we are not of the dark but a new creature, old things are passed away; all things are become new in Christ.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We need to be awake.

Why would God do this?

This terrifies me. My current state is a darkness/confusion in which I can't seem to find God or understand anything about Him. I've had this happen before and was helped by John of the cross' book. But this time it doesn't seem to be ending and it becomes increasingly harder to stay calm. And yet I do stay calm, with only brief...thrashes or...moments of bitter despair. But then I read something like your post and I begin to doubt that God is doing this and wonder if I am the cause of it.I

Not in a great place except for a brief glimmer of remembrance that when He returns, I am blessed beyond what I had ever known.

I have always called these times fasts in spirit. I can even sometimes help someone else while I am in one. But this one is just too long and I am getting worn down.

Does anyone understand me?

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This terrifies me. My current state is a darkness/confusion in which I can't seem to find God or understand anything about Him. I've had this happen before and was helped by John of the cross' book. But this time it doesn't seem to be ending and it becomes increasingly harder to stay calm. And yet I do stay calm, with only brief...thrashes or...moments of bitter despair. But then I read something like your post and I begin to doubt that God is doing this and wonder if I am the cause of it.I

Not in a great place except for a brief glimmer of remembrance that when He returns, I am blessed beyond what I had ever known.

I have always called these times fasts in spirit. I can even sometimes help someone else while I am in one. But this one is just too long and I am getting worn down.

Does anyone understand me?

I know you'll bounce back! Just take a step back! :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does that mean, take a step back?

Look at what you have rather than what you presently seem to be missing. We all go though ups and downs. The more we focus on the downs the longer it takes to get our eyes back fully on to the Lord.

Keep rejoicing because of who He is.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace