The way I view church, music, and tithing are all changing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised that you have any regard whatsoever for Biblical doctrine, after condemning me for supporting the matter of abortion on a Scriptural basis, whereas you reject Scripture in favour of supporting the dictates of the Satanic anti-abortion cult you follow. Your god is all about taking freedom away from women, and taking over control of their lives; the very same demonic religion that women are fighting against in Iran! Your god and the Iatollah's god are one and the same.

Jesus came to set us free. Your god is a Satanic control-freak whose goal is to take away freedom and chain them to bondage that subscribes to YOUR rules!

I consider it an honour that you consider me incompatible with the god you serve.

Thank You!!
This is such a horrible false accusation. How is this okay?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stan, @Mantis ...your posts were deleted because they were not relevant to this discussion and were Flaming and goading in nature. Please stick with the topic at hand. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you read the New Testament scripture there is very little mention of music. In Acts 2 it says that they did four things when they met in their homes. They listened to and discussed the apostle's doctrine. They had fellowship. They prayed together and they shared a meal. In the Jerusalem Bible, it says that they shared their food gladly and generously.

In v 46 it says that they broke bread from house to house, and ate their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.

In those days and in that culture, breaking bread referred to eating a meal. It had nothing at all to do with communion.

Singing for 30 minutes could mean you are ignoring scripture. Not having a meal together could mean you are ignoring scripture. Replacing the meal with communion could mean you are ignoring scripture.

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Singing for 30 minutes could mean you are ignoring scripture. Not having a meal together could mean you are ignoring scripture. Replacing the meal with communion could mean you are ignoring scripture.
It could also mean you like singing; a pot luck hadn't been planned for and the communion was a meal.....a meal with significance.
Remember Jesus said, 'as oft as you do this...' .....the 'this' was a meal.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When i first joined our church they were big on meeting in each others homes and eating together and sharing. When we went to a Sunday gathering we never knew where we would eat lunch or who we might bring back to ours for lunch. Sadly it's not like that now.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It could also mean you like singing; a pot luck hadn't been planned for and the communion was a meal.....a meal with significance.
Remember Jesus said, 'as oft as you do this...' .....the 'this' was a meal.
It could mean you are ignoring scripture. There was no pot luck involved as preparing the meal was seen as a ministry. There was no communion when they met daily.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It could mean you are ignoring scripture. There was no pot luck involved as preparing the meal was seen as a ministry. There was no communion when they met daily.
Ignoring scripture? hmmmm, if one wants to be selective one could say that and regarding no pot luck, we don't know that definitively. What we do know is that many met daily and broke bread. Now it's your guess or mine what that might mean however, bouncing off Jesus words 'I am the bread of life' I can well imagine that when Jesus said 'as oft as you do this' could mean having a meal.......he is the real sustenance.

We could on the other hand make it a religious formality. I know which one I prefer.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ignoring scripture? hmmmm, if one wants to be selective one could say that and regarding no pot luck, we don't know that definitively. What we do know is that many met daily and broke bread. Now it's your guess or mine what that might mean however, bouncing off Jesus words 'I am the bread of life' I can well imagine that when Jesus said 'as oft as you do this' could mean having a meal.......he is the real sustenance.

We could on the other hand make it a religious formality. I know which one I prefer.
We do know that definitively if you care to do the research which I have done. And it is not my guess what breaking bread means because I have done the research. It obviously was not a religious formality in the New Testament Church as evidenced by the research I have done and by what the scripture says that they ate their food with gladness.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We do know that definitively if you care to do the research which I have done. And it is not my guess what breaking bread means because I have done the research. It obviously was not a religious formality in the New Testament Church as evidenced by the research I have done and by what the scripture says that they ate their food with gladness.
sooo, 'breaking bread' means they got together for a meal.....a pot luck maybe? :)