" the way of truth will be blasphemed"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
2Pe 2:2 esv "(2) And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed."

would like to know what you think about this passage of Scripture.
Are these times have already taken place, or were already, or that are to happen in the future.

What is the way of truth? What does it mean that it will be blasphemed.

Peter says that their will be many, or how far do you think? majority, minority, half? Perhaps "many" means a few fanatics, hated by the majority of decent Christians?

The way of truht is narrow way.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The majority persecutes the minority. As it was when Christ came, most who claim his name do not know him, and reject him when he comes. It is a remnant which comes out and walks with the Lord.

There is a hint as to who it is who blasphemes the way of truth, and persecutes the saints in the next verse.

[sup]3[/sup] By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words

It is those who preach for hire. The prophets that prophesy for gone. Those who charge money for the truth. But when the man of God comes, they hate him, because he denounces their ways and their wickedness, and they hate the light.

Who serves the Lord for wages, and tickles the ears? The institution.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Super, Prentis. Thank you for this post - I fully agree with that.
but I still have a few guiding questions:)

why the Lord spoke that those who find it are few?

What is the main feature of the ways of the Lord and the apostles?

why the Lord said that If anyone wants to become my follower, he must deny himself?

What we have need to deny - to not steal or ...something more?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Good questions, and good thread! :) I like where you are going with this.

Things like 'do not steal' don't make one a disciple! It makes one just, but not 'perfect, or holy. It's right in scripture... Watch this!

[sup]16[/sup] Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[sup][e][/sup] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
[sup]17[/sup] So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[sup][f][/sup] No one is good but One, that is, God.[sup][g][/sup] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
[sup]18[/sup] He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ [sup]19[/sup] ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[sup][h][/sup] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[sup][i][/sup]
[sup]20[/sup] The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[sup][j][/sup] What do I still lack?”
[sup]21[/sup] Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

It is the way of holiness that will be blasphemed... And it is not the world that will blaspheme it, but the religious institution. Those who find the way of holiness are few, because it is difficult. It requires that we leave EVERYTHING and that we die so Christ would live in us. There's a million ways to get it wrong, but one way to get it right.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Precisely Prentis :)
And the main feature of the ways of the Lord and the apostles - is OPPOSITION.
Therefore the gate is narrow and the way is hard. Therefore is few those who find it way. Therefore they must deny theyselfes. Therefore the majority persecutes the minority itc.

Therefore, this nonsenses that enough to believe and flow in the muddy river of "Christianity" - Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox - are nonsenses and nothing more...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In spite of what you believe Vashti - The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Only God can judge another believers walk because their relationship is with God, not man and he is patient with all. We only have this life to get it right, not necessarily perfect but right with God and with others...

Shalom!!!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I agree we cannot judge an individual as that is up to God...

But it is a different thing to judge (ie correctly discern) a system which is not pleasing to the Lord.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
only opposition opposes worships the beast ... and will be persecuted by those, who are called of God Church, who will recount tales about caught up before the great tribulation, when the saints of God will suffer the oppression.

If somebody thinks that even to believe at the same time worships the beast, it his case.
Because " the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life."

The term Protestantism now lost its original meaning in the same way as the term Christianity. Nowadays, the Protestants are Protestants, in so far as Catholics are Christians. Actually, enough so that someone called Protestant or Christian and already it is.

And then I rub my eyes in amazement when I think that I visited Protestants but I see god parents, painted eggs, all around full of pets, sectarianism, heightened priestly caste, the same holidays, the same doctrine, etc. - everything of Rome.

It's called Protestants - a farce.

I wrote about my thoughts, please do not be angry at me because I did not wanted to offend someone.

I am glad, Prentis, that although you get interested in the topic :)

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
In spite of what you believe Vashti - The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Only God can judge another believers walk because their relationship is with God, not man and he is patient with all. We only have this life to get it right, not necessarily perfect but right with God and with others...

Shalom!!!
Sorry, I missed your post, Angelina.

I agree that the Lord is patient and wants everyone to be saved.
But I think that the do not have to forget that he is also the Judge and that is not enough to speak, "Lord, Lord" - and I see the entries in this forum, with many thinks to do.

And after all Scripture speaks not only about patience and love of the Lord, but that many will drink the wine of God's wrath.

And Scriptures encourages the self-denial, not just to pat about love and patience. Then I wanted to pay attention to it.