The Weapons Of The Flesh (Overcoming The Sin)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just because you've become a Christian doesn't mean the fights over and dat you've concurred the flesh and you're walking on water like Christ. You still have many strong holds dat are still attached 2 ur flesh dat are still waiting 2 bring u down, and soul ties dat God still hasn't removed yet, you have 2 be an overcomer 1st, many hurdles yet 2 overcome, you have 2 concur sin 1st and learn how 2 walk in the spirit!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@DoveSpirit05
Amen!

The things we need to overcome are those things which when followed lead us to sin. Bad habits cannot be continued indefinitely once we have met the Master. If we really follow Him, He will help us to overcome those as well. By our power alone we will continue to sin because we continue to be attracted by the wrong things... even after we have received the Holy Spirit. What people often do is receive the Holy Spirit and then regularly quench that Spirit instead of surrendering to Holy Spirit. Continual surrender will be necessary until all has been overcome.

In many [or most, or all?] church settings, people are taught to quench the Holy Spirit of God and therefore many of them stagnate instead of growing closer to God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Weapons Of The Flesh (Overcoming The Sin)
Since the *Flesh* is the sin nature, it has no weapons to fight sin. That's why Paul says that the weapons of our warfare are NOT CARNAL [not of the Flesh] but might through God to the pulling down of strongholds.

Reactions: Helen and jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the *Flesh* is the sin nature, it has no weapons to fight sin. That's why Paul says that the weapons of our warfare are NOT CARNAL [not of the Flesh] but might through God to the pulling down of strongholds.

Don't stop Enoch! Keep going and share Ephesians 6: 10-18. These are the Weapon's a Christian uses or needs to learn to use.

Reactions: Helen

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already done and dusted by Jesus at a very high price.
And it is because of the freedom from sin wrought in His blood we can walk in the Light rather than abide in darkness.

I am always amazed by two things present in my own life - my failures and His victory (and victories) in me.

Reactions: Helen