The Whole Family in Heaven and Earth is Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who does this refer too?

1 Timothy 3
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then if the child is Jesus the woman MUST BE HIS MOTHER MARY!!!!!!!
No, the 12 stars over the head of the woman represent the 12 tribes of Israel. The sun and the moon and the 11 stars get it?
Mary does not have the 12 stars over her head. The 12 stars do not represent Mary. Jesus comes from the 12 stars which is Israel. Also, revelation chapter 12 is futuristic. It is not a poem of 2000 years ago. Get it right.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the 12 stars over the head of the woman represent the 12 tribes of Israel. The sun and the moon and the 11 stars get it?
Mary does not have the 12 stars over her head. The 12 stars do not represent Mary. Jesus comes from the 12 stars which is Israel. Also, revelation chapter 12 is futuristic. It is not a poem of 2000 years ago. Get it right.

mary mother of God

most of it is already fulfilled as ch 1 says

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

soon!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mary mother of God

most of it is already fulfilled as ch 1 says

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

soon!
Rev 6 already happened?...

6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Because this is years prior to Rev 12.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree, Chapter 12 ends with the last 3 1/2yrs of the Trib...

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Clearly it is not Mary.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Clearly it is not Mary.
I hope theefaith is also in agreement.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Clearly it is not Mary.

Who is the child?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then the woman MUST be Mary his mother!
No, the woman is Israel.

The woman is derived of the 12 tribes(stars).

Mary does not carry Israel on her head, fella.

Israel carried her as one of the folks in the 12 stars.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the woman is Israel.

The woman is derived of the 12 tribes(stars).

Mary does not carry Israel on her head, fella.

Israel carried her as one of the folks in the 12 stars.

how is Israel our mother?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how is Israel our mother?

Why are you so fixed on "mother"?

A word search for "Mother" in the book of Revelation renders only one hit...

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Mama mia!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saints are part of "Israel"(the elect).

Israel is not mama, but heavenly Jerusalem via Acts 2.

holy mother church? The new and heavenly Jerusalem?

not a mommy? Then it refer to Mary our spiritual mother rev 12:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Mother!

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a woman rev 12:1 is our spiritual mother! Rev 12:17 offspring
See # 137