The Whole Family in Heaven and Earth is Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
[15] Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

What is the Name. Let's talk about it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Great thread!

The name that the 2 verses single out is "Jesus".

Jesus simply inherited his name from his Father(creator).

This means "Jesus" was his Father's unrevealed OT name, which was handed down to him, similar to what we fathers do to our sons.

If anyone thinks different, they don't believe that God can do it too.

This is the reason the name of Jesus was given as the highest name(it was God's name too).

This is also the reason repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name, beginning at Jerusalem...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also inherit Jesus' name when we obey Acts 2:38.

When we put on Christ via baptism, we take on his name, like a wife takes her husbands name.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thread!

The name that the 2 verses single out is "Jesus".

Jesus simply inherited his name from his Father(creator).

This means "Jesus" was his Father's unrevealed OT name, which was handed down to him, similar to what we fathers do to our sons.

If anyone thinks different, they don't believe that God can do it too.

This is the reason the name of Jesus was given as the highest name(it was God's name too).

This is also the reason repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name, beginning at Jerusalem...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This scripture comes to mind...

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Many have just about gotten away from the NAME of Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That leads us to believe that names are important to God User. Ever wonder why people shy away from using God's name, even though it is the most recorded name in the Bible, and is necessary to call on His name for salvation?

Reactions: user and Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This scripture comes to mind...

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Many have just about gotten away from the NAME of Jesus.
Yes, the name of the Father IN THE NT is "Jesus".

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That leads us to believe that names are important to God User. Ever wonder why people shy away from using God's name, even though it is the most recorded name in the Bible, and is necessary to call on His name for salvation?

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
[21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Many "believers" have their corner stone read: "Son" (not Jesus)

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the name of the Son, not, “Son” is the name of Jesus.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the name of the Son, not, “Son” is the name of Jesus.

Many "believers" settle for a watered down name ---(no pun intended: Matthew 28:19)
They deny the only name under heaven by which we are saved.
They deny the name of the bridegroom.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many "believers" settle for a watered down name ---(no pun intended: Matthew 28:19)
They deny the only name under heaven by which we are saved.
They deny the name of the bridegroom.
This is because they are reluctant to be the bride.

Even when they preach, they would rather say "Christ" instead of "Jesus".

I can't blame them though, because when I was alienated from God, I could not say "Jesus" either without cringing.