The Winds of Strife being Released

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me tell you, when the angels let it loose, you will know what is causing the harm..
Wind blowing is not always depicted as a bad thing, it’s seen as a good thing in quite a few places. For example at Pentecost it was as a mighty rushing wind, this wasn’t an evil wind blowing. Here are a few more places …

Song of Solomon 4:6 Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

Let’s look at Revelation 7:1-3 again, the four angels are given to hurt the earth and sea. If the winds are evil then we have to assume the four angels are given not to hurt the earth and sea, they are holding the wind back not allowing it to blow. The four angels would be doing good by preventing the wind from blowing, they wouldn’t need a command to tell them to continue to hold the wind.

No, the four angels are preventing the wind from blowing and hurting the earth and sea. They are then given the command to stop and allow the wind to blow. The wind in this case is good, as I referenced above.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wind blowing is not always depicted as a bad thing, it’s seen as a good thing in quite a few places. For example at Pentecost it was as a mighty rushing wind, this wasn’t an evil wind blowing. Here are a few more places …

Song of Solomon 4:6 Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

Let’s look at Revelation 7:1-3 again, the four angels are given to hurt the earth and sea. If the winds are evil then we have to assume the four angels are given not to hurt the earth and sea, they are holding the wind back not allowing it to blow. The four angels would be doing good by preventing the wind from blowing, they wouldn’t need a command to tell them to continue to hold the wind.

No, the four angels are preventing the wind from blowing and hurting the earth and sea. They are then given the command to stop and allow the wind to blow. The wind in this case is good, as I referenced above.
Would it be wrong to associate the first part of Revelation 7 with the first part of Revelation 8?

Is the silence in heaven the holding back of the 4 winds?

The 144k are sealed on the earth, to be on the earth during the sounding of the Trumpets. While the first 4 Trumpets are sounding is when those 4 angels are at work.

"Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."

Being sealed would make them safe during God's judgment via the sounding of the 7 Trumpets. They would be with the Lamb the same as the 3 Hebrews in the fiery furnace of human making. They would be preserved.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the first 4 Trumpets are sounding is when those 4 angels are at work.

"Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."
I think we are all going to agree that it takes effort to hold back the wind to prevent it from blowing. It doesn’t take any effort to simply sit back and let the wind blow.

The four angels are given to hurt the earth and sea. The four angels are not given to help or save the earth and sea.

The effort the four angels are exercising is what was given them, they are hurting the earth and sea by preventing the wind from blowing. Why else would they need to be commanded to not hurt if that’s already what they were doing?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we are all going to agree that it takes effort to hold back the wind to prevent it from blowing. It doesn’t take any effort to simply sit back and let the wind blow.

The four angels are given to hurt the earth and sea. The four angels are not given to help or save the earth and sea.

The effort the four angels are exercising is what was given them, they are hurting the earth and sea by preventing the wind from blowing. Why else would they need to be commanded to not hurt if that’s already what they were doing?
Are you saying that the four angels in Revelation 7, disobeyed and continued to protect the earth, after told they were to wait , and hurt the earth after the 144k were sealed?

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that the four angels in Revelation 7, disobeyed and continued to protect the earth, after told they were to wait , and hurt the earth after the 144k were sealed?
No, I’m saying the four angels were hurting the earth by preventing the wind from blowing.

When the command was given, the four angels stopped holding the wind back and let the wind blow on the earth and sea.

There was no command given for them to wait. The four angels were not given to protect the earth and sea, only to harm.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I’m saying the four angels were hurting the earth by preventing the wind from blowing.

When the command was given, the four angels stopped holding the wind back and let the wind blow on the earth and sea.

There was no command given for them to wait. The four angels were not given to protect the earth and sea, only to harm.
Pretty sure they were to not hurt the earth until the 144k were sealed. After the 144k were sealed is when the earth will be hurt.

Do you think the earth is being hurt now? If it were not for the winds, we would have no weather conditions nor seasons. Like the stars they are representative of the weather. I doubt their jobs are too difficult no matter what. That is what God created them for.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure they were to not hurt the earth until the 144k were sealed. After the 144k were sealed is when the earth will be hurt.

Do you think the earth is being hurt now? If it were not for the winds, we would have no weather conditions nor seasons. Like the stars they are representative of the weather. I doubt their jobs are too difficult no matter what. That is what God created them for.
Right, the earth was not hurt when the 144,000 got sealed. The earth was being hurt by the wind not blowing, the command to stop hurting was issued, the wind was allowed to blow, and the 144,000 got sealed.

Look at Ezekiel 37

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

The wind blowing, in my opinion, is the Holy Spirit. A mighty rushing wind was used to describe what happened at Pentecost.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, the earth was not hurt when the 144,000 got sealed. The earth was being hurt by the wind not blowing, the command to stop hurting was issued, the wind was allowed to blow, and the 144,000 got sealed.

Look at Ezekiel 37

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

The wind blowing, in my opinion, is the Holy Spirit. A mighty rushing wind was used to describe what happened at Pentecost.
The earth started to be hurt after the 144k were sealed. The earth has not been hurt yet by these 4 angels. The earth was already baptized by fire, and purged. Now Jesus is gathering the final harvest, while the earth is going to be hurt.

Do you not think the earth is being hurt during the first 4 Trumpets? When has the events of the first 4 Trumpets ever happened in the past?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, when its prophetic its not saying look outside and see if you have a 'light breeze' for your sailboat.........

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we are seeing the signs all around us, many just dont want to even allow for it to register much less see it...
And I'm good with that. These are our brothers and our fellow servants, but they are like the disciples, blinded to the Scriptures, walking on the road to Emmaus. Not able to recognize the illogical structure of the very positions and statements upon which their eschatological schematic is teetering as precariously as an illogical house of cards.

They only can see what they want to see, or see what they are able to see. Or see what they were told to see by their prophecy expositors. But they are walking with Jesus. On the road to Emmaus. And though they don't, or are not able to recognize the Truth within their midst, they are still on a journey, walking with our Lord, which will end with them sitting at the table with Him. Only then, when they are comfortable and safe, will their eyes be opened to the Scriptures. When the time is right for them.

I'm not SDA, but I would estimate they are about the best, as a corporate group, on Daniel and Revelation. Maybe about 70% accuracy. They have the one about the state of the earth during the Millennium correct. There will be no mortals living with translated Christians during the thousand years. Lol. You and I know this. It's simple. It's elementary my dear Brother. Mortal humanity will not survive the wine press of the wrath of the white horse Rider. The Great City will be split into three parts, three thirds. This means 100% destruction. Up until that point destruction only came in thirds.

Earth will enjoy it's 1000 year rest from sin all the time we are gone, while we are working on the Pauline phase of the judgment of the wicked in New Jerusalem, or do you not know the saints will judge the world? Some will be beaten with few stripes, some with many. I hope we can finish early and find time to hang out.

Like the old bartender says at closing time, "you might not have to go Home, but you can't stay here'.

The real fun will come during the 8th Millennium.

Eye has not seen.

I can't wait.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm good with that. These are our brothers and our fellow servants, but they are like the disciples, blinded to the Scriptures, walking on the road to Emmaus. Not able to recognize the illogical structure of the very positions and statements upon which their eschatological schematic is teetering as precariously as an illogical house of cards.

They only can see what they want to see, or see what they are able to see. Or see what they were told to see by their prophecy expositors. But they are walking with Jesus. On the road to Emmaus. And though they don't, or are not able to recognize the Truth within their midst, they are still on a journey, walking with our Lord, which will end with them sitting at the table with Him. Only then, when they are comfortable and safe, will their eyes be opened to the Scriptures. When the time is right for them.

I'm not SDA, but I would estimate they are about the best, as a corporate group, on Daniel and Revelation. Maybe about 70% accuracy. They have the one about the state of the earth during the Millennium correct. There will be no mortals living with translated Christians during the thousand years. Lol. You and I know this. It's simple. It's elementary my dear Brother. Mortal humanity will not survive the wine press of the wrath of the white horse Rider. The Great City will be split into three parts, three thirds. This means 100% destruction. Up until that point destruction only came in thirds.

Earth will enjoy it's 1000 year rest from sin all the time we are gone, while we are working on the Pauline phase of the judgment of the wicked in New Jerusalem, or do you not know the saints will judge the world? Some will be beaten with few stripes, some with many. I hope we can finish early and find time to hang out.

Like the old bartender says at closing time, "you might not have to go Home, but you can't stay here'.

The real fun will come during the 8th Millennium.

Eye has not seen.

I can't wait.
Yet God says there is a cut off point, where the just shall remain just and the unjust shall remain unjust, probation closes and the time to choose will cease.