The word of righteousness……

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 5:13 (NASB20)
For everyone who partakes only of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two partakings are being described in the above scripture…. The one ‘milk’ is described as the elementary teaching which consists of repentance from dead works and faith towards God…. Which is the first two things a believer must learn; repentance from dead works being a repentance from self, and all the works that self can produce, and then from that place of repentance from self put forth oneself as a living sacrifice, as one alive from the dead before God in faith…

These two first steps must all believe, know, and understand by experience…. That repentance from self and then a turning to God by faith from death is but the first two elementary steps in one’s walk towards the new life promised in scripture….

Then after these first two steps become one’s life, then the next step which turns out to be an eternal step, which is understanding the word of righteousness… For God’s will is always righteousness, the word of righteousness is whatever is the righteous thing in every circumstance and situation one finds oneself in…. For Christ did prove that the human body can be made to walk in righteousness, (for He was sinless in the body), it just matters who’s doing the living in the body, the choices being, Christ or self….

Therefore because of this proven truth, the first two steps must be taken first if one would have the life of Christ be one’s active power of life… Repentance from dead works and faith towards God, being the first two elementary principals of one’s walk towards the new life….

Then the walk towards and after the word of righteousness is that walk that forms Christ in one….

Be blessed in the life that is our’s if we would be willing to do the first two steps….

Unto Him be our all, Not me

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm probably more of a milk person. Good thread!

Reactions: Not me