There are currently 41,000 different Christian denominations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sent to me on PM....Permission given to share it over here for open discussion:
Santiago M Anaya said:
Hello you "ALL"..Peace of Christ....There is not even "ONE" denomination in Spiritual Judasim a.k.a Christianity...Maybe "christendom"=The catholic church and her daughters the protestant denomination, since the god of lies "lucifer a.k.a satan & devil'..have...Jesus a.k.a The Christ have but ONE CHURCH=ONE PEOPLE=ONE NATION..Spiritual Israel the Israel of Jesus = Titus 2:11-15 + Acts 2:38-40.....Brother James
Santiago M Anaya said:
Hello you "ALL".. Peace of Christ...The denominations were created by the "lawless man"=Martin Luther a catholic priest, who worshiped mary the so called virgin behind close doors till his death, and cursed the God of Abraham=(The Holy Spirit a.k.a Father Namely Jesus in His invisible nature and a.k.a The Christ in His human nature).. Brother James..

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE CHURCH=ONE PEOPLE=ONE NATION
There are currently 41,000 different Christian denominations
1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Can we now add AOG, Baptist, Catholic, COC, Methodist, & Presbyterians to the list of carnal endeavors?

Do any here belong to the one and only Body of Christ which is the Church? Of course we do, but does also joining into a worldly organism causing schisms glorify God, or benefit us?

But like Paul in Php 1:18, can we rejoice? “What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.”

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since only 1 of those, Acts 28 dispensationalism, obeys 2Tim 2:15 and rightly divides or correctly cuts God's Word of Truth, it's impossible that the other 40,999, who don't rightly divide or even attempt to, know more than about half of what the New Testament is all about. The keyword here is "rightly." Besides Christ dying for our sins and our subsequent salvation, the most important concept in the entire Bible is right division, if you want to understand scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then by 2025 it is said that the number of DIFFERENT CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS will reach 55,000.
Okay I will make my point and question for this topic at the end of this...first here are the statistics I found and I looked at all the ones that came up on my web-search....I chose this one because it isn't written as a denominational perspective...most the others were from different denomination churches.
https://www.thoughtco.com/christianity-statistics-700533

by Mary Fairchild
Updated December 19, 2017
In the last 100 years, the number of Christians in the world has quadrupled from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion presently. Today, Christianity is the world's largest religious group. According to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, in 2010, there were 2.18 billion Christians of all ages living in the world.

Worldwide Number of Christians
Five years later, in 2015, Christians still comprise the largest religious group in the world (with 2.3 billion adherents), representing nearly a third (31%) of the total global population.

US adherents - 247 million in 2010
UK adherents - 45 million in 2010

Percentage of Christians Worldwide
32% of the world's population is considered to be Christian.

Top 3 Largest National Christian Populations
About half of all Christians live in just 10 countries. The top three are the United States, Brazil, and Mexico:

United States - 246,780,000 (79.5% of the Population)
Brazil - 175,770,000 (90.2% of the Population)
Mexico - 107,780,000 (95% of the Population)

Number of Christian Denominations
According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world today. This statistic takes into consideration cultural distinctions between denominations in different countries, so there is an overlapping of many denominations.

So my question for everyone to consider: WHY? Why are there so many different denominations in the Christian Faith?
I read along the lines somewhere that Christianity was a single religion for a thousand years...the there was a division as shown below...
denominations_family_tree_truthforsaints.png

DenomBranch.png

Okay now to get to the bottom of all this....with all these different denominations....and each having their doctrine of faith to which they adhere to .....and each claim that their church is the true church pointing fingers at the other denominations accusing them of having it wrong and teaching false doctrine...yet they all teach out of the same Bible......
what kind of lunacy is this in our world?

Oh I thank God that He is restoring His Church as it was in the beginning...in one mind, one accord in the unity of faith.....
The way I see it as it stands now with all this division....when we do get to Heaven will we be totally shocked that none of us had it right since the split?
So with every split of the Christian faith from the first origin of it's birth the doctrines of faith become more corrupt and filled with false teaching by the day...to the point there will be no Word of God....it will be the Word OF MEN that teaches our young generation...
James 3
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Have faith fellow Christians....it's time to do some sifting and separating of the wheat and tares....AMEN

Very good post! My take on this huge splintering of the Churches is because man decided that THEY alone had Truth...we are warned allot in scripture about false teaching, false teachers/prophets, doctrines of devils. It has (IMO) allot to do with indoctrination. Too many Christians put their faith in man, whether Pastors, Priests, "isms"...blah, blah, blah. We need to be like the Bereans in the bible...We are told to "study to show yourself approved" We MUST check out Gods word ourselves but NEVER without the leading and teaching of The Holy Spirit. I believe The Spirit is not utilized in many denominations. And then we have the ones who interpret without the Spirit. My 2 cents ♥

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good post! My take on this huge splintering of the Churches is because man decided that THEY alone had Truth...we are warned allot in scripture about false teaching, false teachers/prophets, doctrines of devils. It has (IMO) allot to do with indoctrination. Too many Christians put their faith in man, whether Pastors, Priests, "isms"...blah, blah, blah. We need to be like the Bereans in the bible...We are told to "study to show yourself approved" We MUST check out Gods word ourselves but NEVER without the leading and teaching of The Holy Spirit. I believe The Spirit is not utilized in many denominations. And then we have the ones who interpret without the Spirit. My 2 cents ♥
Now you get an A+ lol....the key to understanding Gods word and rightly dividing the truth is the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the heart of this thread I started.....and it is a never win, never gain, never lose battle over beliefs of what they have been taught to believe by their specific denominations doctrines of faith....years ago I was a member of a church I loved very much....one day the pastor announced that for the next 6 weeks he would be preaching and teaching on the doctrines of that denomination......I never went back....the Holy Spirit spoke to me in a very loud voice (in my spirit) NO....I do not want you to learn this....it is not of God...so any I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit's leading and guiding...Amen.
You spoke of 6 weeks in the negative, but I recall 7 weeks in the positive.

A great many years ago in the very first assembly to which we belonged, the pastor, [a man I came to distrust], did something really great in and for the Lord. He started having a prayer meeting every evening 7 days a week. It was our first year [1976], I believe, in serving God together. My wife and I committed ourselves to it. We had two toddlers and I was working full-time 5 days a week. Every day not long at I got home from work we got the children ready and went to the meetings, which always started at 7:00PM. It was prayer only and lasted not less than an hour each time. At first it was difficult and tiresome but we were young in the Lord and we wanted to grow. As the days and then weeks passed we felt and, I believe, the whole assembly felt a difference in the Spirit. Our sense of difficulty and being tired disappeared so that we began really looking forward to attending every one of those prayer meetings that were only prayer meetings. We were blessed indeed. God was in us greatly.

Then after 7 weeks the pastor stopped them because several people had come to him saying they had too many other things to do... We were both extremely disappointed and expressed that to the pastor but it was finished according to him. It was without a doubt the most remarkable he did during the years we were with him.

Now over the years I have sometimes approached God closely but never on a continuing basis like that. We had been fasting, but not from food. We had been fasting from all of those other things we would have been doing if we were not communing with God.

Give God the glory!