There are currently 41,000 different Christian denominations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called majoring in minors. @amadeus posted an excellent post the other day pointing out that there is little focus on the 1st and 2nd commandments according to our Lord. There is also little focus on stressing the manifestation of the Holy Spirit during meetings, i.e. the need for the church to manifest supernatural gifts. When such are discarded in favor of ritual, ceremony, liturgy and formalism, the result will be no hope of ever attaining unity in the Spirit. This is why denominationalism is now in danger. The farther they stray from the heart of God and what is most important to Him, the more they will fall increasingly susceptible to deception, not even realizing they are doing so.
Yes I read that post and it is spot on.....Well I am rooted and grounded in the His Word. In my youth I was easily deceived but I now have the Holy Spirit who teaches me and guides me into all truth....if it wasn't for the Holy Spirit giving me revelation in the Word I may have ended up down the dead end path of religious ideology that preaches doctrine over God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit...and praise be to God I have Godly Counsel that I can go to for help in any area I do not understand....I have met a few on the CF and here and am truly Blessed by them....you are one of them...thank you....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some good reading here. But, I would question the way we seem to like to use the term, "Bible Believing" as though it definitively proves something. Most people in these berated "denominations" believe the Bible. The overlooked point is that they do not believe the Bible the same way a person demeaning them might read the very same words. And which among us is truly capable of saying "This is right, because I believe it to be... and that other therefore has to be wrong... since it is only YOUR belief, and not the "correct" view that I hold."?
This is the heart of this thread I started.....and it is a never win, never gain, never lose battle over beliefs of what they have been taught to believe by their specific denominations doctrines of faith....years ago I was a member of a church I loved very much....one day the pastor announced that for the next 6 weeks he would be preaching and teaching on the doctrines of that denomination......I never went back....the Holy Spirit spoke to me in a very loud voice (in my spirit) NO....I do not want you to learn this....it is not of God...so any I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit's leading and guiding...Amen.

Reactions: Willie T

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I expect very few to listen to this..... But, since Jeff is a personal friend, I am posting it. (In fact, I am listening to it in the background as I type this.) It might be interesting to one or two of you.
Well since you put it that way I am going to listen to it....lol...thanks for sharing....God bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the Southern people of the U.S. It has often been said of us, that trying to unite the Southern people is like trying to ride herd on a bunch of cats. You just can't do it. But, it is this very trait, that maintains the Southern people as unique. And, I believe it is this same trait that maintains us as the Bible Belt. Because we do not adhere to any one 'specific' denomination, then we do not fall with any one specific denomination. But what we do all adhere to is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Saviour.

You may stomp one cat out. But what good does that do you?

Stranger

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I expect very few to listen to this..... But, since Jeff is a personal friend, I am posting it. (In fact, I am listening to it in the background as I type this.) It might be interesting to one or two of you.

I listened a little bit, but unlike you...I couldn't read and type and listen!
Maybe an age thing :D

I liked what I heard, so I have bookmarked it on Youtube for later. Wull listen with my hubby this evening ...thanks.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since you put it that way I am going to listen to it....lol...thanks for sharing....God bless!
I am just letting you know I am listening to it right now.....how come we can't see him preaching? is it a radio broadcast? AND already I agree with what he is sharing....it isn't what enters in the mouth of a man that defiles him but what comes out that defiles him and exposes what is in his heart....(ad lib....sorry I didn't want to go look the exact scripture up cause I am listening to Jeff!:D)

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul

Thank you for the link to this thread on my profile page , I was not aware of it at all!! So thank you. :) I wish others would do that too.

This one did not hit my radar on my ALERT'S ...I am sure I miss many threads because of that.

/Hmmm now if I could block 8 certain threads...ones that I would very much like to miss in my ALERTS !! :D
Does anyone know if that is possible..I have clicked them before as unwatch Thread...but I still get alerts to them. /

As for all the denominations.
For me...many are not even "denominations"...but preachers of Strange Fire.

I have mentioned before...and I know that I am in the minority. But differences in doctrine or interpretation of a concept does not bother me.
And I do not believe it bothers God.
I firmly believe that if any person has a true seeking heart ...but hold screwed up doctrine God accounts them as followers.

Perfect correct doctrine does not mean a perfect heart .
I have known so many preachers ( personally) over the years...who pride themselves on their doctrine ..but they have been harsh even cruel men out of the pulpit and at home.

As you can see...I strongly believe that God is a heart God, not a doctrine God.
So the "many denominations" does not phase me one bit. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see...I strongly believe that God is a heart God, not a doctrine God.
Well this is how I have always seen God....One who is the Father of all and who desires all to discover Him in the revelation that He is the Father and creator of all of us and that it hurts to see His Believers divided against each other....It is His Will that we Walk in Love towards one another at all times....He is LOVE!....
Do you ever just sit and meditate how powerful love is? Sometimes I look at my past mistakes and where I walked in anger and bitterness towards someone I try to imagine replacing that with love at that moment and when I did my whole future changed....and in that moment of walking in love towards them instead of anger....it changed them as well....and next thing it became a chain reaction throughout the entire world.....
I do have quite an imagination....

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just letting you know I am listening to it right now.....how come we can't see him preaching? is it a radio broadcast? AND already I agree with what he is sharing....it isn't what enters in the mouth of a man that defiles him but what comes out that defiles him and exposes what is in his heart....(ad lib....sorry I didn't want to go look the exact scripture up cause I am listening to Jeff!:D)
Sometimes the many videos he has online show him preaching, sometimes they don't. I think it depends upon the particular church he was at that day... some are not set up for video recording.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

Thank you for the link to this thread on my profile page , I was not aware of it at all!! So thank you. :) I wish others would do that too.

This one did not hit my radar on my ALERT'S ...I am sure I miss many threads because of that.

/Hmmm now if I could block 8 certain threads...ones that I would very much like to miss in my ALERTS !! :D
Does anyone know if that is possible..I have clicked them before as unwatch Thread...but I still get alerts to them. /

As for all the denominations.
For me...many are not even "denominations"...but preachers of Strange Fire.

I have mentioned before...and I know that I am in the minority. But differences in doctrine or interpretation of a concept does not bother me.
And I do not believe it bothers God.
I firmly believe that if any person has a true seeking heart ...but hold screwed up doctrine God accounts them as followers.

Perfect correct doctrine does not mean a perfect heart .
I have known so many preachers ( personally) over the years...who pride themselves on their doctrine ..but they have been harsh even cruel men out of the pulpit and at home.

Well said, and I agree with you. God knows the heart of the person. The one thing we can't go wrong on is that "Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life" He is the only way, only He can wash away sins and give us forgiveness and He is the only access to the Father. No one in the church is in 100% agreement on every single doctrine/subject/etc. We all have differences of beliefs, some more so then others, but even with denominations we are "united in Christ". It is man that causes separation when they let pride get in the way instead of letting love motivate them and viewing the others as brothers and sisters in Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then by 2025 it is said that the number of DIFFERENT CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS will reach 55,000.
Okay I will make my point and question for this topic at the end of this...first here are the statistics I found and I looked at all the ones that came up on my web-search....I chose this one because it isn't written as a denominational perspective...most the others were from different denomination churches.

...So my question for everyone to consider: WHY? Why are there so many different denominations in the Christian Faith?
I read along the lines somewhere that Christianity was a single religion for a thousand years...the there was a division as shown below...

Okay now to get to the bottom of all this....with all these different denominations....and each having their doctrine of faith to which they adhere to .....and each claim that their church is the true church pointing fingers at the other denominations accusing them of having it wrong and teaching false doctrine...yet they all teach out of the same Bible......
what kind of lunacy is this in our world?
If the human body is composed of DNA, and it is predicted that there are over 3 billion basepairs in the human genome, and humans have approximately 10 trillion cells...then how much more the body of Christ?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay now to get to the bottom of all this....with all these different denominations....and each having their doctrine of faith to which they adhere to .....and each claim that their church is the true church pointing fingers at the other denominations accusing them of having it wrong and teaching false doctrine...yet they all teach out of the same Bible......
what kind of lunacy is this in our world?
Sorry, but this is simply not true... very few of these denominations (a mere handful - and they're mainly the ones most of us would call 'cults') claim that they alone are the true church and that everyone else teaches false doctrine.
So the article is perpetuating at least one myth, and possibly quite a few others.
I bet the "41,000" figure is counting each "independent" church as a separate denomination, when in fact they are merely individual non-denominational churches.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the human body is composed of DNA, and it is predicted that there are over 3 billion basepairs in the human genome, and humans have approximately 10 trillion cells...then how much more the body of Christ?

Excellent...What a wonderful “picture” you painted here...well done! Love it. ❤️
Praise the Lord!!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apparently you can't copy and post pictures of grafts...sorry

If you start by clinking on Media at the top of the page you will then be directer to the album page, you can there start your own album of photos, pictures, graphs and charts. First post your media into your album and then you can copy the URL for your image and post it into your blog or post.

I believe by going through this process it insures that the media content you post is secure content and won't cause any harm to this site. Of course you can't post anything unsuited for this site.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an awesome analogy....but the point is these denominations each have their own doctrine of faith based on Christianity on the foundation of the Holy Bible....problem is there is so much division amongst all these denominations that it has created strife and intolerance of each others beliefs thereby separating the body of believers.......and we see it everyday here on this forum is an example.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but this is simply not true... very few of these denominations (a mere handful - and they're mainly the ones most of us would call 'cults') claim that they alone are the true church and that everyone else teaches false doctrine.
So the article is perpetuating at least one myth, and possibly quite a few others.
I bet the "41,000" figure is counting each "independent" church as a separate denomination, when in fact they are merely individual non-denominational churches.
It is a compilation of all denominations that claim Christianity as their religious faith....and the author noted that the definition of denomination can include cults....religious cults that claim Christianity as their religious faith was included in the survey because of this...
I included the link in this thread.....so this research is a true statement in regards to the criteria used to base their findings on.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you start by clinking on Media at the top of the page you will then be directer to the album page, you can there start your own album of photos, pictures, graphs and charts. First post your media into your album and then you can copy the URL for your image and post it into your blog or post.

I believe by going through this process it insures that the media content you post is secure content and won't cause any harm to this site. Of course you can't post anything unsuited for this site.
Thank you for your helpful instructions! God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an awesome analogy....but the point is these denominations each have their own doctrine of faith based on Christianity on the foundation of the Holy Bible....problem is there is so much division amongst all these denominations that it has created strife and intolerance of each others beliefs thereby separating the body of believers.......and we see it everyday here on this forum is an example.
Does not the thumb oppose the fingers on the right and on the left, and the right leg push forward while the left pushes back to carry the body forward? Do they all not do the will of the head, and do we not love them all?

Do not be troubled. The mystery of God is at work. Yes, the love of many has grown cold. But if we have not, then we should love as God loves, which He does in spite of our differences, for it was He who made us different...and it is good.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not the thumb oppose the fingers on the right and on the left, and the right leg push forward while the left pushes back to carry the body forward? Do they all not do the will of the head, and do we not love them all?

Do not be troubled. The mystery of God is at work. Yes, the love of many has grown cold. But if we have not, then we should love as God loves, which He does in spite of our differences, for it was He who made us different...and it is good.
That it is a good Word...thank you for sharing.