There is so much you just don't see in English Translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is so much that is missed in English Translations or any other translation of the original text for that matter. The tip of the iceberg is below.

Blessings

Reactions: Mr E

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is so much that is missed in English Translations or any other translation of the original text for that matter.
Seriously? All Christians must be Hebrew and Greek scholars to "get" what is in the Bible??? This is similar to the Catholic clergy claiming that only those proficient in Latin should read the Scriptures. That's why the RCC insists that only their priests can interpret Scripture correctly. And we know that is nonsense. The whole idea of translating into languages in common use was to make sure even the most unlearned would have access to the Bible. And that's what the Reformation was all about. Today English is the language of the world. And we can thank God we still have the Authorized Version freely available.

Reactions: Dropship and Nancy

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible was written for us and not to us. You are missing the point. Did you even watch it? English does not in many instances convey the meanings of the original text that our Bibles are written in and also the culture it was written in. I think it is a good idea to try and understand these things so we can better understand what Yahweh is teaching us. Translations are diluted that unfortunately is the nature of the process of translating. As far as the unlearned having access that is why some have been given the office or gifts of teaching and pastoring. That does not mean lording it over any body if you read the context in Ephesians 4:11-12 these gifts are for the edification of and equipping of the body and saints and not for self gain. Again there has been many things added and taken again by men. What I have said is going back and getting a more accurate understanding of context and culture. The doctrines of men and demons has diluted, added and taken away from the original. Yeshua Himself said I have come to restore all things. It is my opinion that part of that restoration is to understand His word to us in it's proper context. The Bible is written in a different language and culture than a modern day English speaking world as you put it.

I know that this is confronting as it was for me many years ago now. Some will agree and others will manifest. There is nothing new under the sun. I will not be arguing with you on this matter. Some will receive it others won't. That is OK. We are still all believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Israel and the Hebrews as our scriptures put it. The God of the believing gentiles who are grafted in. Romans chapter 11

Blessings and Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible was written for us and not to us. You are missing the point. Did you even watch it? English does not in many instances convey the meanings of the original text that our Bibles are written in and also the culture it was written in. I think it is a good idea to try and understand these things so we can better understand what Yahweh is teaching us. Translations are diluted that unfortunately is the nature of the process of translating. As far as the unlearned having access. Again there has been many things added and taken again by men. What I have said is going back and getting a more accurate understanding of context and culture. The doctrines of men and demons has diluted, added and taken away from the original. Yeshua Himself said I have come to restore all things. It is my opinion that part of that restoration is to understand His word to us in it's proper context. The Bible is written in a different language and culture than a modern day English speaking world as you put it.

I know that this is confronting as it was for me many years ago now. Some will agree and others will manifest. There is nothing new under the sun. I will not be arguing with you on this matter. Some will receive it others won't. That is OK. We are still all believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Israel and the Hebrews as our scriptures put it. The God of the believing gentiles who are grafted in. Romans chapter 11

Blessings and Shalom

There are many awakening. I've been blessed by interacting with some Torah-believing Christians of late. I'm a fan of the ancient.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible was written for us and not to us. You are missing the point. Did you even watch it? English does not in many instances convey the meanings of the original text that our Bibles are written in and also the culture it was written in. I think it is a good idea to try and understand these things so we can better understand what Yahweh is teaching us. Translations are diluted that unfortunately is the nature of the process of translating. As far as the unlearned having access. Again there has been many things added and taken again by men. What I have said is going back and getting a more accurate understanding of context and culture. The doctrines of men and demons has diluted, added and taken away from the original. Yeshua Himself said I have come to restore all things. It is my opinion that part of that restoration is to understand His word to us in it's proper context. The Bible is written in a different language and culture than a modern day English speaking world as you put it.

Blessings and Shalom
Well brother, we ARE told to "study diligently". Good word!

Reactions: Ancient

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many awakening. I've been blessed by interacting with some Torah-believing Christians of late. I'm a fan of the ancient.
Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. May Yahweh's name be glorified in all the earth.

Blessings and Shalom

Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello sister, thank you for your encouragement. Yes we are to study diligently, good and wise words.

Blessings and Shalom

The aleph bet is a great place to start.