There Remains No Sacrifice For Sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful sins that are committed after coming to the knowledge of the truth will simply bring chastisement or punishment from the hand of the Lord.
I've thought you've been saying "wilfull sins" result in no more sacrifice for sins, included Jesus.

?

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been. What didn't you understand about my post?
You then said that wilfull sins result in chastisement.

That seems different then just waiting for judgment.

26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean, is qualified?

10:4 For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins.

3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away sins; and in him is no sin.

Both passages mean what they say, right?

The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins; but the blood of Jesus can.

I think I need you to explain what you mean here also.

Heb 10:2, For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

This says that the blood of bulls and goats didn't have the power to purge away sins; while this,

Heb 1:3, Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

says that Jesus did that.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You then said that wilfull sins result in chastisement.

That seems different then just waiting for judgment.

26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Much love!
I'm not sure what you're trying to say by this.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're trying to say by this.
That to my thinking, there is either chastisment which brings correct and the peaceable fruits of righteousness, and there is fiery indignation and judgment, which is very different.

For the Jew who thinks they can offer a goat after Jesus offered Himself, judgment. For the Christian who commits a sin, chastisement bringgin correction.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins; but the blood of Jesus can.

Heb 10:2, For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

This says that the blood of bulls and goats didn't have the power to purge away sins; while this,

Heb 1:3, Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

says that Jesus did that.
So why in the world did they continue to kill animals all those years?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-marks-

Yes.
Animal blood sacrifice was only acceptable on the altar, in the Temple, in Jerusalem.
No Temple, No Altar, No Animal Sacrifice.
And that Animals Blood Sacrifice was for "forgiveness" of their past sins. (Typically a Yearly event). Even called; their Sin Offering.
Obviously repeated; Obviously Temporary.

That was given the Hebrews, ISRAEL, Jews...
A foreshadowing of the SAVIOR, Jesus, Revealed....NOW a NEW Covenant..
JESUS...IS SALVATION
...giving
His...BLOOD, for Forgiveness of ALL sins (of men against God) and of ALL trespasses (of men against men).
His...BODY, for the "quickening" of Life of ALL men, who accept his offering, and receive His gifts.

Since Jesus' Arrival and NEW Covenant...
The OLD is fulfilled.
The NEW is ONLY fulfilled when a man CONVERTS and become IN CHRIST...

Absolutely....Jesus' BODY and BLOOD is the LAST Sacrifice for Salvation.

Amen!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Hebrews 10:2 refers back to Hebrews 1:3;

And Hebrews 10:4 is qualified by 1 John 3:5.
Well yes, they coincide nicely. I agree, but i probably could link hebrews 10:2 and 4 to a lot of other verses as well.
Consider Amos 3:2 and Hebrews 12:6.

Willful sins that are committed after coming to the knowledge of the truth will simply bring chastisement or punishment from the hand of the Lord.

While all other sins remain forgiven.
I respectfully disagree. Yes, they still have carnal ramifications. But all sins of the flesh are forgiven. On earth, there may still be consequences.

Reactions: charity

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were not free of the consciousness of sin because they could not accept that His blood had atoned, it’s why they were returning to the sacrifice of animals. They were condemned.
Thank you for sharing

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No; it is speaking of willful sin; not any sin.
Willful sin in turning back to the rites, rituals, and ceremonies, as well as works of the Law of Moses for salvation (or sanctification). That is the entire thrust of the epistle to the Hebrews.

The justified ones ("the just") are to live by faith in Christ alone, and His finished work of redemption: Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Draw back to what? To the Old Covenant. Hebrew Christians were vacillating at that time.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful sin in turning back to the rites, rituals, and ceremonies, as well as works of the Law of Moses for salvation (or sanctification). That is the entire thrust of the epistle to the Hebrews.

The justified ones ("the just") are to live by faith in Christ alone, and His finished work of redemption: Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Draw back to what? To the Old Covenant. Hebrew Christians were vacillating at that time.
Yes indeed paul was warning them . Let us hold fast our profession in JESUS CHRIST
and let us learn well all things He did teach as well as the apostels .
There is another highly dangerous go spell getting taught and we must not heed it .
They are teaching things like muslims , buddists , atheists whateverist , are serving the same GOD we do
if they have love . THIS is a lie . GOD is love , that is true , but HIS LOVE leads us to JESUS who is the ONLY ONE who can save us .
We must believe in Christ and confess HIM by mouth beleiving from the heart that GOD has raised Him from the dead
and that is how one is saved . Let us not go with the error of this all inclusive gospel . Any love
that does not lead one to confession of JESUS CHRIST , is no love that comes FROM GOD .

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there were true, any Christian who commits a sin becomes forever excluded from salvation.

Meditate on that a bit. If this passage is saying what you say it means, that's it. One sin which you choose to commit, and you are done with God. All that remains is for Him to cast you into the lake of fire.

Or it means that there remains no sacrifice for sin that you can still offer. That system is over. Those sacrifices didn't remove sin. They can only remind you that sins remain. But that's been ended.

Jesus' sacrifice for sin put an end to all the others. His offering - Here's an important part to notice - His offering, which has already been offered, removed sin.

There remains no sacrifice for sin because . . . animal sacrifices were ended, and Jesus' sacrifice has already been completed.

The word there, "remains", refers to what's been left behind, what remains. And there remains no sacrifice which you might offer for sin.

Jesus sacrifice put an end to any other sacrifice, so there's nothing left.

However . . . Jesus' sacrifice, well, in the words of Scripture,

10) By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 7:27 - Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9:12 - Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Much love!
For me the verse is telling us if we make a habit of willfully sinning, do what we know is evil or against God, after our salvation there is no other salve, no other route, to remind us of our frailty should we continue to mislead ourselves as one who is actually not in Christ. A lot of public figures meet that bar. They'll proclaim Christ in some way, wear a cross, but they still act out as carnal people. We're also told, those in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. And when they do, they were never in Christ. 1st John 3.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me the verse is telling us if we continue to sin after our salvation there is no other salve, no other route, to remind us of our frailty should we continue to mislead ourselves as one who is actually not in Christ. A lot of public figures meet that bar. They'll proclaim Christ in some way, wear a cross, but they still act out as carnal people. We're also told, those in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. And when they do, they were never in Christ. 1st John 3.
It proves their faith is dead . Just as mine once was . Let us be hearers and doers or we deceive ourselves .
FOR if we are truly of CHRIST then we do have the SPIRIT and thus HE would surely be working in us that which is pleasing unto GOD .
And sin is not .
Most folks know the fruits of the spirit definition . But they need to read both galations and ephesians .
FOR the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness and truth , proving what is acceptable to GOD .
Not what is acceptable to man and generations , BUT TO GOD .
Now be encouraged my friend . And let all who name the glorious name of JESUS CHRIST depart from inquity .
AND LET THE KING BE PRAISED my friends .

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It proves their faith is dead . Just as mine once was . Let us be hearers and doers or we deceive ourselves .
FOR if we are truly of CHRIST then we do have the SPIRIT and thus HE would surely be working in us that which is pleasing unto GOD .
And sin is not .
Most folks know the fruits of the spirit definition . But they need to read both galations and ephesians .
FOR the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness and truth , proving what is acceptable to GOD .
Not what is acceptable to man and generations , BUT TO GOD .
Now be encouraged my friend . And let all who name the glorious name of JESUS CHRIST depart from inquity .
AND LET THE KING BE PRAISED my friends .
For me, living truth in Christ is not predicated upon first thinking on what I should do or say in any given moment. Like that self questioning that goes, "what does the scripture say?" Instead, for me it is a leading to do or say what is positive, generous, heart felt. And in many cases I feel led by holy spirit who spears me forward in action, or in some cases in speaking through me as I find myself writing or speaking what spirits voice says. Knowing that is meant for me to share in those ways. That part is sort of hard to explain without it sounding weird. But there it is. Know you are fully known and fully loved by God. :)