There's always more

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you like this thread

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes & No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I can't remember what Calvinism is.
Refresher course:

T: Total Depravity --- Man is DEAD and only God, if He so chooses, can revive him.

U: Unconditional Election --- GOD ONLY chooses who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. Arbitrarily, with no condition. HIS choice.

L: Limited Atonement--- Jesus died ONLY FOR THE ELECT and no one else.

I: Irresistible Grace --- This removes our Free Will because it is God who chooses us and we can do nothing about it. We MUST be saved.

P: Preservations of the saints: Also known as Eternal Security or OSAS (once saved Always saved). One can never become lost again - no matter what.

So, basically, we have nothing to do with our salvation.
God chooses whom He will.
Some get to go to heaven and some get to go to hell.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Refresher course:

T: Total Depravity --- Man is DEAD and only God, if He so chooses, can revive him.

U: Unconditional Election --- GOD ONLY chooses who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. Arbitrarily, with no condition. HIS choice.

L: Limited Atonement--- Jesus died ONLY FOR THE ELECT and no one else.

I: Irresistible Grace --- This removes our Free Will because it is God who chooses us and we can do nothing about it. We MUST be saved.

P: Preservations of the saints: Also known as Eternal Security or OSAS (once saved Always saved). One can never become lost again - no matter what.

So, basically, we have nothing to do with our salvation.
God chooses whom He will.
Some get to go to heaven and some get to go to hell.
Oh, yeah well that's to be expected.

It sounds so final.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brothers, my sisters

I come here today not to tell you of our Lord, or to convince you of what you already know in your hearts. I come here because yours and my God reached out to me, when darkness threatened to swallow me whole.

Disillusioned by Christianity for many years. I did not return to him of my own effort, but by his invisible power that no person can arrange. I willingly went with him, this time, not for the sake of heaven, nor for a fear of hell.

But for the fact that without true spirituality, all I have is a materialistic void.

(John 17:6) I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word."

(John 17:20) "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;"

Stranger