They Will Think To Change Times And Laws

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
This is a very interesting read if you can find it:
Israel’s Calendar and the True Sabbath
Copyright, January, 1958 by Curtis Clair Ewing,

Hi Tom

I don't observe it personally but I have always felt that Saturday is the true sabbath day , not Sunday as widely practiced in modern America with the calendar we use. It is not a big issue for me either way.

But I have always had great interest in the Jewish 360 calendar , have spent a bit of time looking at it in the past, and find it an interesting subject.Many OT prophets start out a chapter .... "On the second day of the third month the Lord said ..... "

Especially Ezekiel. Nice to know the dates , but I often wonder if there was another purpose for them. Just thinking out loud.

Anyway (from memory) a few years ago NASA determined the length of the year with much more accuracy than ever before. For example:

We generally say a year has 365.25 days

For more accuracy: a vernal equinox year is about 365.242374 days long (and increasing).

Then NASA (only recently) was able to determine with much higher precision a more exact number of days in a year , I do not have the number in front of me but it had over 30 decimal places.

Not only that , they provided an accurate formula to look back in time (decreasing days in a year) so that even the days could be broken down into hours (with great accuracy)

WHEW !!! got that ???

Anyway here is my point , a mathematician used the new and highly accurate NASA formula , converted it to the Jewish year , applied it to the prophecy (from the temple decree) to (when the messiah would arrive) , and it came out to 5pm on the exact Friday Jesus rode into Jerusalem. PERFECT !!!!

It captures my interest and I wish I had more time to focus on these calendar findings.

I also hope that if precepts digs up something new (maybe he has) he should present his findings as best he can so we can ponder them. I am always prepared that there are truths and information in the bible that may have been overlooked. I am talking about document-able information, not personal opinions , billions of personal opinions but my calculator does not function in that arena. :)

try again precepts , you captured my interest. Show us what you have. Thanks. Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Israel's calendar was a solar calendar at the start and it had 365 days. They did not miss 5 days

Tom , this is not directed at you , and it is something I copied from elsewhere.
I offer it as a glimpse into "The Hebrew " calender.

If anyone thinks NASA calculations are hard to follow .... look below ...... :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

(From Wikipedia)

The Hebrew calendar is also lunisolar with an embolismic month. This extra month is called Adar Alef (first Adar) and is added before Adar, which then becomes Adar Bet (second Adar). According to the Metonic cycle, this is done seven times every nineteen years (specifically, in years 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, and 19). This is to ensure that Pesah (Passover) is always in the spring as required by the Torah (Pentateuch) in many verses[sup][6][/sup] relating to Pesah.

In addition, the Hebrew calendar has postponement rules that postpone the start of the year by one or two days. These postponement rules reduce the number of different combinations of year length and starting days of the week from 28 to 14, and regulate the location of certain religious holidays in relation to the Sabbath. In particular, the first day of the Hebrew year can never be Sunday, Wednesday or Friday. This rule is known in Hebrew as "lo adu rosh" (לא אד"ו ראש), i.e. "Rosh [ha-Shanah, first day of the year] is not Sunday, Wednesday or Friday" (as the Hebrew word adu is written by three Hebrew letters signifying Sunday, Wednesday and Friday). Accordingly, the first day of Pesah (Passover) is never Monday, Wednesday or Friday. This rule is known in Hebrew as "lo badu Pesah", which has a double meaning — "Pesah is not a legend", but also "Pesah is not Monday, Wednesday or Friday" (as the Hebrew word badu is written by three Hebrew letters signifying Monday, Wednesday and Friday).

One reason for this rule is that Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Hebrew calendar and the tenth day of the Hebrew year, now must never be adjacent to the weekly Sabbath (which is Saturday), i.e. it must never fall on Friday or Sunday, in order not to have two adjacent Sabbath days. (Ironically, if the belief that man was created on Rosh Hashanah and on Friday are both correct, then the Yom Kippur of that year would have been on a Sunday.) However, Yom Kippur can still be on Saturday.

Years consisting of 12 months have between 353 and 355 days. In a k'sidra ("in order") 354-day year, months have alternating 30 and 29 day lengths. In a chaser ("lacking") year, the month of Kislev is reduced to 29 days. In a malei ("filled") year, the month of Cheshvan is increased to 30 days. 13-month years follow the same pattern, with the addition of the 30-day Adar Alef, giving them between 383 and 385 days.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Problem is, even lot of the Jews today are no longer aware of how that many ideas (including calendar systems), were adopted during Judah's captivity to Babylon in Jeremiah's days; and how they also adopted later calendar systems thereafter, losing the accuracy of God's solar calendar, the ORIGINAL calendar, a long, long time ago.

I don't claim to be an astronomer, but the solar cycles and lunar cycles are different reference systems for dividing a year. The solar cycles of equinoxes and solstices are going to be more accurate for days than the moon's lunar cycles. But because of how the lunar cycles were important as signs for agriculture, it caused a getting away from God's solar calendar system. Even ancient Egypt's solar calendar (which the children of Israel used while in Egypt) had some error.

Just as Israel fell away from God to false pagan worship many times per Old Testament history, we shouldn't be surprised about this matter either, but realize in the future, God through His Son is going to return us all back to His Ways and times.

And anyway, the real idea of Dan.7:25 is about the Antichrist seeking to change an APPOINTED TIME OF CHRIST'S COMING. How? By offerring himself in place of our Lord Jesus. Our Lord Jesus warned about a false messiah coming to Jerusalem working great signs and miracles; Apostle Paul warned about that false one coming to Jerusalem to sit in the temple showing himself that he is God, and in Revelation John was show about that false one setting up an image idol for ALL the world to worship in the last days, along with setting up a mark for buying and selling.

That ain't the pope, for the majority of Protestant Christianity would never even think of believing a catholic pope is our Lord Jesus Christ. No true catholic would either. And I've not yet heard any pope deny the future second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.