Things that were hidden in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
But Now: (meaning that it was not before)

Romans 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
NKJV

Romans 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
NKJV

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh — who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands —
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
NKJV

Colossians 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
NKJV

1 Peter 2:9-10
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
NKJV

It is the Gentiles that were not a people BUT NOW, they are the people of God. They were strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

So much for those that continue to claim that nothing was changed under Paul’s gospel of grace.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. Now man has been given the grace to walk as Jesus walked. We now receive the life of him in us, that we may be just as he is.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
To All,

I would most strongly propose that the only things which are "hidden in GOD", are those things for which we have not sought answers to. Take for example:

Matthew 11:12

English Standard Version (ESV)
[sup]12[/sup] From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

The TRUE answer is not what most people think, -- or in many instances what has been taught from the pulpit or class.

BibleScribe

I would strongly propose that we look to the scriptures and believe what they say rather than what a man says. When the scriptures say something is/was "hidden" then we should believe the word of God.

Yes. Now man has been given the grace to walk as Jesus walked. We now receive the life of him in us, that we may be just as he is.

Only in the spirit, not in the flesh. There are no men/women on this earth that do not sin in the flesh. Just as Paul said; a person can not make him/her self perfect (sinless) by the efforts of the flesh (Gal 3:3).

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
... When the scriptures say something is/was "hidden" then we should believe the word of God.

Once again, what may have been "hidden" from an individual is not necessarily "hidden" from everyone:

...Scripture provides at least two, (and possibly more), citations which any person could have read and discovered the ancient promise of the Messiah to the gentiles:
  • Isaiah 49:6 he (the Lord) says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."
  • Isaiah 42:1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations (Gentiles)."

Thus where the Prophetic Psalms is "hidden" from you, it's not because you can't find it, but because you won't find it. :)

But if something is perceived by an individual, doesn't Scripture provide for the sharing of that information to those who are unaware?

1 Corinthians 14:26

[sup]26[/sup]What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up.

Thus what you propose is "hidden" from access, is truly only unknown. And GOD calls us to seek HIM for these to be revealed:

Jeremiah 33

[sup]3[/sup] Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

BibleScribe

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that continue to buck against the uniqueness of Paul's Gospel will forever struggle trying to reconcile the Kingdom teachings directed to the Jews in the Gospel accounts on the one hand and Paul's Epistles on the other.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Those that continue to buck against the uniqueness of Paul's Gospel will forever struggle trying to reconcile the Kingdom teachings directed to the Jews in the Gospel accounts on the one hand and Paul's Epistles on the other.
There is no struggle, there is no reconcilation to be had and there is no other gospel.

We are all ONE with ONE gospel - we are the Body of Christ.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Anything else is to try and rebuild the middle wall of partition, that Christ destroyed, to make within him one new man.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Very true Prentis!

God was always about grace, yet some believe His grace only started midway through the NT. :wacko:

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. Just like the idea that before it was by the law, now by faith. When in reality it always was by faith, but to have faith in God means to obey him out of the heart. It has not changed.

But now we have new life available so that we can walk in the fulness of grace and faith! :)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should reread Acts 15 along with Gal. 2 and ask why was there a different understanding of the early Jewish believers regarding Gentile inclusion which took Paul's clarification.

Very true Prentis!

God was always about grace, yet some believe His grace only started midway through the NT. :wacko:

Always grace yes. Halfway through the NT? Maybe 9 chapters or so into Acts we find Paul beginning to receive new revelation and Peter in Acts 10 but to say halfway through the NT is misleading..

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Perhaps you should reread Acts 15 along with Gal. 2 and ask why was there a different understanding of the early Jewish believers regarding Gentile inclusion which took Paul's clarification.

Hi prism,

I hate to parse specifics, but I do not believe that this was a "clarification" for preaching the Gospel to the gentiles. As provided previously, that provision was made in Isaiah. And even the fact that GOD used Peter to open the Gospel to the gentiles as effected by Paul, was not new*.

Paul simply acknowledged that circumcision was no longer a criterion for acceptance by GOD, and that Jew and Gentile alike could receive unhindered salvation through the blood of Christ. But where Cephas was still apprehensive regarding this inclusive relationship, Paul withstood him to his face for treating these two groups differently.

* The Canaanite (gentile) woman, whose daughter was oppressed by demons, was received by Jesus by her "great faith".

I hope this helps,
BibleScribe

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US

Always grace yes. Halfway through the NT? Maybe 9 chapters or so into Acts we find Paul beginning to receive new revelation and Peter in Acts 10 but to say halfway through the NT is misleading..
God was always about grace, it did not start in Acts and it did not start with Paul.
There is only one gospel.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
God has not changed, and we must walk in the paths of old.

The good news of Christ is that in him we are empowered to fulfill it perfectly.

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
To All,

I would most strongly propose that the only things which are "hidden in GOD", are those things for which we have not sought answers to. Take for example:

Matthew 11:12

[sup]12[/sup] From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

The TRUE answer is not what most people think, -- or in many instances what has been taught from the pulpit or class.

BibleScribe
God doesn't hide things from us, rather for us. The rending of the vail seperating the Holy place (church) from the most Holy( Kingdom) speaks of the rending of our fleshly mind. The violent are those who won't be detoured from confronting themselves.True integrity in a man of God isn't just being open and honest with others, but with himself. That man enters through the tearing of his flesh. In the Holy of Holies it's all about God, the mature man wants what He wants, he has foresaken his own desires, flesh can no longer operate. Church was meant to be preparatory for those who will follow Jesus through the vail and operate in the Kingdom which has always been. Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has put eternity in thier hearts.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
God doesn't hide things from us, rather for us. The rending of the vail seperating the Holy place (church) from the most Holy( Kingdom) speaks of the rending of our fleshly mind. The violent are those who won't be detoured from confronting themselves.True integrity in a man of God isn't just being open and honest with others, but with himself. That man enters through the tearing of his flesh. In the Holy of Holies it's all about God, the mature man wants what He wants, he has foresaken his own desires, flesh can no longer operate. Church was meant to be preparatory for those who will follow Jesus through the vail and operate in the Kingdom which has always been. Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has put eternity in thier hearts.

Well spoken! :)

BibleScribe