This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's Sunday in Brantford. Just another day, I suppose. It's looking kinda grey out there. People are walking around the schoolyard, phones in hand. I was thinking that if we all got © NEURALINK 2021 installed, we wouldn't need phones.
We could actually become Uber-people, going and getting to where we are going safely and on time! Of course, there would be some bugs to iron out of the system, you know, accidentally bumping into people you may or may not want to know.
tumblr_pikb4ytuCl1wcuo4mo1_1280.jpg

But wouldn't life be so much more enjoyable if you never had to think for yourself? Imagine that...never having to repent again!

It would definitely be a lot easier.

Because when we have to think for ourselves as Christians, then comes the task of taking our thoughts captive for Christ, and that is not easy.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not easy, but with God's help, doable. Any thought that clearly disagrees with God's word, you grab that thought, take the sword of the Spirit, and stab it until it is dead! And replace it with the truth!

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not easy, but with God's help, doable. Any thought that clearly disagrees with God's word, you grab that thought, take the sword of the Spirit, and stab it until it is dead! And replace it with the truth!

Amen!

Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee.

Reactions: Truman and farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see this day as a half-filled glass of water. How I experience it depends upon how I view it.
I can bemoan the fact that there is half a glass of water missing and get bent out of shape over it.
Or I can see that I need half a glass of water to survive, even though my mouth will be dry.
I can complain that I've been planted in a bone-dry field of dirt, or I can trust that my heavenly Father has not forgotten about me. That perhaps He has a reason for this season in my life. Perhaps it is to drive my roots deeper into the ground.
I hear that a rainy season is coming and I sure wouldn't want to be uprooted by it.
When I take what the Lord has spoken to me, along with His written word, and seek until it makes sense, I usually see where I'm at.
Then it is well with my soul. Thank You, Lord, for today. And though I don't like them, thank You for the thorn bushes, too! :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your thread reminds me of a personal story which I would like share here, if I may. I have condensed it as much as possible. God told me in a dream that he was going to send me to Siam [Thailand] several years before it came too pass. One day while at a combined conference of our church denomination, I ended up meeting a group of Christians from northern NZ who were also looking at ministering overseas for a time.

They eventually rang me and said they were going and wanted me to come along too, for short term ministry. This included ministering in slum villages of Bangkok, university outreach with YWAM, ministering to children whose parents died with aides, orphanages, villages and also being involved with an outreach who ministers in the red light district of Patpong. This was the doorway I was waiting for so I got myself organized. I needed to raise money quickly for this trip which was in a few weeks. My Pastor wanted me to ask the church to contribute but I just couldn't do it. If God wanted me there, he would make a way.

The day I needed that money sent in, had finally arrived and I woke up feeling very very discouraged because I had not reach my desired financial target. However, I got up to answer the door as I heard a loud knock and yelled from my bed, inquiring who it was because I really did not want to get up. Suddenly, I clearly heard a male voice reply -

"This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made I will Rejoice And Be Glad In It"

I opened the door curious because it was an unusual thing to say. It was a guy friend of mine from church. I asked him if he had said the above verse and he said that he did not. In fact he said something completely opposite. Anyway, we hung out all that day even though I really wasn't very good company.... in fact my thoughts kept going toward the day being the last opportunity for getting the money through to the Pastor up north.

I did not say a word to my friend about the money nor would I have done so in any other situation but before he left, he said he needed to do something as the Lord is prompting him and handed me the money to cover all my expenses during my time oversea. I was blown away! 34y42t5.gifGod is so good!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Catholic Mass today and am feeling really tired and worn out. Just didn't want to watch Mass. Just feel like being lazy and I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. Sorry for being a downer, but that's where I'm at today. Cheers!

Reactions: Truman

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things

Thank you Father,
For another glorious day!

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your thread reminds me of a personal story which I would like share here, if I may. I have condensed it as much as possible. God told me in a dream that he was going to send me to Siam [Thailand] several years before it came too pass. One day while at a combined conference of our church denomination, I ended up meeting a group of Christians from northern NZ who were also looking at ministering overseas for a time.

They eventually rang me and said they were going and wanted me to come along too, for short term ministry. This included ministering in slum villages of Bangkok, university outreach with YWAM, ministering to children whose parents died with aides, orphanages, villages and also being involved with an outreach who ministers in the red light district of Patpong. This was the doorway I was waiting for so I got myself organized. I needed to raise money quickly for this trip which was in a few weeks. My Pastor wanted me to ask the church to contribute but I just couldn't do it. If God wanted me there, he would make a way.

The day I needed that money sent in, had finally arrived and I woke up feeling very very discouraged because I had not reach my desired financial target. However, I got up to answer the door as I heard a loud knock and yelled from my bed, inquiring who it was because I really did not want to get up. Suddenly, I clearly heard a male voice reply -

"This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made I will Rejoice And Be Glad In It"

I opened the door curious because it was an usual thing to say. It was a guy friend of mine from church. I asked him if he had said the above verse and he said that he did not. In fact he said something completely opposite. Anyway, we hung out all that day even though I really wasn't very good company.... in fact my thoughts kept going toward the day being the last opportunity for getting the money through to the Pastor up north.

I did not say a word to my friend about the money nor would I have done so in any other situation but before he left, he said he needed to do something as the Lord is prompting him and handed me the money to cover all my expenses during my time oversea. I was blown away! View attachment 17667God is so good!
Amen!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This day, unlike any other, has been preordained by the Lord. And He had you and I in mind when He did that.
What is happening in the world today has not caught Him by surprise.
There is nothing that will happen to me today that will negate His promises to me. He is faithful!
I died, He lives and dwells inside of me!
I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck between Pharaoh's army and the Red Sea. But as Moses once said,
"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory!"

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This day, unlike any other, has been preordained by the Lord. And He had you and I in mind when He did that.
What is happening in the world today has not caught Him by surprise.
There is nothing that will happen to me today that will negate His promises to me. He is faithful!
I died, He lives and dwells inside of me!
I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck between Pharaoh's army and the Red Sea. But as Moses once said,
"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory!"
Pick thyself UP . BE YE STRONG , QUIT YE LIKE MEN . MAKE the FOCUS ON GOD and not on humanism .
And watch the explosion of TRUTH and of the power of GOD begin .
We been sucked into a pit and a mudhouse by preachers for years my friend .
My advice stands . EVIL as my advice seems to todays generation , IT STANDS . GO TO THOSE BIBLES AGAIN and learn
well what the first ones instructed us . JESUS and the apostels .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every breath that I take,
Every bit of health that I have,
Every itty bit of nature that I am able to enjoy,
Every morsel of food that nourishes me,
Every square inch of shelter in which I dwell,
Every beloved person in my life,
Every sentence of Scripture that I am able to absorb,
Every single night and day...

IS A BLESSING FROM THE LORD ALMIGHTY.

Praise God!
Praise Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior!
What a blessing!
This is the day that the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Bless you all on this glorious day

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every breath that I take,
Every bit of health that I have,
Every itty bit of nature that I am able to enjoy,
Every morsel of food that nourishes me,
Every square of inch of shelter in which I dwell,
Every beloved person in my life,
Every sentence of Scripture that I am able to absorb,
Every single night and day...

IS A BLESSING FROM THE LORD ALMIGHTY.

Praise God!
Praise Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior!
What a blessing!
This is the day that the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Bless you all on this glorious day
Yes it is my friend . But what i say next is a BLESSING FROM GOD as well .
JESUS HIMSELF SPOKE of this blessing . BLESSED are YOU when you are hated , persecuted , reviled , even killed for His name sake .
THAT is a BLESSING TOO . I PRAY NONE OF US ever forgets that . NOW leap up and praise the LORD .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the day that the Lord has made
We will rejoice and be glad in it
This is the day that the Lord has made
We will rejoice and be glad in it
This is the day...that the Lord has made...with us in mind...and if we try, we will find...His joy today!
Thank You, Lord, for today!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pick thyself UP . BE YE STRONG , QUIT YE LIKE MEN . MAKE the FOCUS ON GOD and not on humanism .
And watch the explosion of TRUTH and of the power of GOD begin .
We been sucked into a pit and a mudhouse by preachers for years my friend .
My advice stands . EVIL as my advice seems to todays generation , IT STANDS . GO TO THOSE BIBLES AGAIN and learn
well what the first ones instructed us . JESUS and the apostels .
Learn those KJV bibles well.