This is the purpose of Bible Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
I believe that God has divinely provided, within the prophetic scriptures, survival instructions for a pocket of believers. Three examples of these instructions are:

1. Revelation 18: 4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:“ ‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
  2. Matthew 24: 15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
  3. Zechariah 14: 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
And these three instructions are just the tip of the iceberg.

God has provided details within the prophetic scriptures as survival information for this pocket of believers during the end times. These are not instructions for the dead in Christ and for those that are to be martyred during the GT, but rather for those believing survivors.

To be alive at Christ’s advent is a “calling.” All believers who follow these (God’s) divine instructions will physically survive to Christ’ advent.

This is the purpose of Bible Prophecy.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I know I keep repeating myself, but since you keep bringing the subject up, I have to refute it. The version of Zechariah 14:5 that you keep repeating is a false prophecy. Those who promote it are guilty of bearing false witness of GOD.

I repeat - those who witness that Zechariah 14:5 says people will flee through a split Mt of Olives to Azal are bearing false witness of GOD.

If you want to keep playing games with GOD's word, feel free to do so. But you have been warned.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
We should never try to take care of our own self by our own hand. God is our protector all we need do is depend upon Him to keep us safe. For faith without works of faith are dead faith. If we say God is our God, then we can't be our God. Did God provide clothes, shoes, and manna for the children of Israel when they fled from Egypt? So shall He provide for us.
Isa 26:19-21
19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
KJV
Matt 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV
{We are seeing the tares gathered together and burned now, and the wheat is being spared the calamities of the tribulations or mighty works of God around the world}
Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
KJV
Mark 13:20
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
KJV

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
guysmith said:
I believe that God has divinely provided, within the prophetic scriptures, survival instructions for a pocket of believers. Three examples of these instructions are:

1. Revelation 18: 4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:“ ‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
  2. Matthew 24: 15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
  3. Zechariah 14: 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

God has provided details within the prophetic scriptures as survival information for this pocket of believers during the end times. These are not instructions for the dead in Christ and for those that are to be martyred during the GT, but rather for those believing survivors.

To be alive at Christ’s advent is a “calling.” All believers who follow these (God’s) divine instructions will physically survive to Christ’ advent.

A One Sentence Challenge - Reply #5

ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
I know I keep repeating myself, but since you keep bringing the subject up, I have to refute it. The version of Zechariah 14:5 that you keep repeating is a false prophecy. Those who promote it are guilty of bearing false witness of GOD.

I repeat - those who witness that Zechariah 14:5 says people will flee through a split Mt of Olives to Azal are bearing false witness of GOD.

If you want to keep playing games with GOD's word, feel free to do so. But you have been warned.
Yeshua Says - Reply #8

Matthew 13's Parables - Reply #50

Would The Real Elijah Please Come Forth! - Reply #197

afaithfulone4u said:
We should never try to take care of our own self by our own hand. God is our protector all we need do is depend upon Him to keep us safe. For faith without works of faith are dead faith. If we say God is our God, then we can't be our God. Did God provide clothes, shoes, and manna for the children of Israel when they fled from Egypt? So shall He provide for us.
Isa 26:19-21
19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
KJV
Matt 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV
{We are seeing the tares gathered together and burned now, and the wheat is being spared the calamities of the tribulations or mighty works of God around the world}
Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
KJV
Mark 13:20
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
KJV
The Father "abridged" the days when Yeshua cut the WEEK of Sukkot in half ~

John 7:2-14 KJV
2. Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.
3. His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.
4. For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.
5. For neither did his brethren believe in him.
6. Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.
7. The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
8. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.
9. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10. But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11. Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?
12. And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.
13. Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.
14. Now about
the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.

one-revolution.gif

Three days and the hemisu remain, (for the one who overcomes) each in his or her own appointed times.
:)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
  1. Revelation 18: 4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:“ ‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues .
Have you ever considered that the term .... "MY PEOPLE" .... might be referring to the Israeli's ?

We Christians comprise the "saved church" of course ..... but as far as I know , the people of Israel are the only ones God has ever labeled "MY PEOPLE"

Just some thoughts .... Maybe it is not even about us (Christians) at all.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Arnie,

I believe that there is only one salvation for all who accept Christ, don't you?

Do you believe that non-believing Jews will get into the kingdom strictly because the are "people of Israel?

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Arnie Manitoba said:
Have you ever considered that the term .... "MY PEOPLE" .... might be referring to the Israeli's ?

We Christians comprise the "saved church" of course ..... but as far as I know , the people of Israel are the only ones God has ever labeled "MY PEOPLE"

Just some thoughts .... Maybe it is not even about us (Christians) at all.

guysmith said:
Arnie,

I believe that there is only one salvation for all who accept Christ, don't you?

Do you believe that non-believing Jews will get into the kingdom strictly because the are "people of Israel?
Hosea 1:10-11 KJV
10. Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11. Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together,
and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Perhaps when the two of you go up out of your own land, (each in his own appointed times) then you might see why Michael is the Head of my people; For great is the day of Jezreel, and shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: for this is my covenant unto them, says YHWH, when I shall take away their sins. And in this Way shall the all Israel of YHWH be saved.

Daniel 12:1-2 KJV
1. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:1 YLT
1. 'And at that time stand up doth Michael, the great head, who is standing up for the sons of thy people, and there hath been a time of distress, such as hath not been since there hath been a nation till that time, and at that time do thy people escape, every one who is found written in the book.

Mark 16:19 KJV
19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:51-56 KJV
51. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53. Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
54. When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
55. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God,
and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56. And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

If Miyka'el Tsemach Tzedek is the Head over my people according to the Scripture then who is your Head? :)

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Bible Prophecy are in the Bible for one reason. Most have already come true...there are just a few future ones left.
If all the prophecies that came true were not there, we could not trust Gods written word. Because they are there, we can trust the future ones. The prophecies prove the Bible is Gods written word.
It is a prove fact that some sections have been changed by man, but God has placed the same truth in other spots those have changed, did not see.
Those God has blinded to the truth would never believe if it was a stone that hit them on the head.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, guysmith.

guysmith said:
Arnie,

I believe that there is only one justification by God for all who accept the Messiah, but 'justifcation by God" is NOT "salvation." A "salvation," especially in prophetic passages, is a "DELIVERANCE" or a "RESCUE!" Not from sin, but from enemies! And, "salvation is of the Jews"; it's a deliverance or rescue that Yeshua` the Messiah will perform for the Jews! Yet at least one more persecution of the Jews is foretold, and this will be the worst one. They will either be annihilated or enslaved and will be destroyed as a nation, unless they get help from an outside Source.

Let's reverse your question: Do you believe that non-believing Jews won't get into the Kingdom strictly because they AREN'T yet "saved," or rather, justified by God?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Retrobyter,

You stated: Let's reverse your question: Do you believe that non-believing Jews won't get into the Kingdom strictly because they AREN'T yet "saved," or rather, justified by God?

My response: I believe...
1. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
2. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galations 2:21
.....don't you?

You stated: A "salvation," especially in prophetic passages, is a "DELIVERANCE" or a "RESCUE!" Not from sin, but from enemies! And, "salvation is of the Jews"; it's a deliverance or rescue that Yeshua` the Messiah will perform for the Jews!

My response: Really, where does it say that Gentiles are excluded from any Messianic "DELIVERANCE" or a "RESCUE" during the GT. Scripture please.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

KevinMiller

Jul 29, 2013
Seattle, Washington
guysmith said:

I agree to that !

We just have to have faith in God and all His promises .
a Christian Faith !
It is trusting in God. It is living in a relationship with God that is motivated and sustained by one’s conviction that God is real and will keep his promises. Faith is believing that God had sent his only begotten son Jesus, and eccepting Jesus is your lord and savior.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
guysmith said:

I believe that the purpose of bible prophecy is to reveal Christ Jesus.

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
I think the purpose of prophecy is to forewarn us and to prove God's sovereign power of His foreknowledge.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
Arnie,

Guy ..... I was away the end of May and missed your question back then .... I am going to give 2 contradictory answers

Yes ....I absolutely believe in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ
.... ......and I believe it is individual (personal)
.......... and I believe it applies to men , women , boys and girls , Jew and gentile alike.

I believe that if a Jew or Israeli wants salvation and forgiveness of sins he must be a believer in Christ (by faith)

My beliefs are pretty standard mainline Christian.

However it appears God still has plans for Israel .... and a lot of it is favorable .... and .... Yes !!.... I see salvation within those portions of the bible.

Not the Christian salvation as we know it ..... and I do not pretend to have it all figured out.

(In my own words) .... I am thinking that before Christ came .... God had a salvation for the Israelites. ... I expect Moses , Job . Isaiah . Ezekiel , Jeremiah etc etc .... will all be "saved" ..... and we have to ask .... HOW COULD THEY BE ??? ..... they did not have Christ.

Once they died and went to God .... of course Christ was there from the beginning .... and yes .... his future death on the cross would ultimately pay for the sins of the OT people.

What is to stop God from using the OT type of salvation for the current Israelis who do not have Christ ?? I speculate He could if He wanted to .

Like I have said before .... the unbelieving Jews have been punished for the last 1900 years (no forgiveness as we know it) .... God punished his people in a similar manner in the OT.

Yet in the OT .... after many times of punishment .... God never completely turned his back on them .... he always came back and continued with them until they screwed up again.

They really screwed up by rejecting the best form of forgiveness and salvation that God made available thru Christ.

But it is clear that God has not completely rejected them this time either.

I do not claim to be correct ..... I am just trying to reason it out .... However God saves them (if indeed he does) .... ultimately it will have to be through Christ somehow

History and modern day shows us that the devil continues to hate Israel ... probably because they still have a part to fulfill.

I would find it much easier if The Christian Church had completely replace Israel in 70 AD ..... but portions of the bible show us they are still in focus .

I have come to this position reluctantly (13 years ago) .... and since then I am amazed at how all the pertinent verses jump off the pages as I re-read the bible.

Previously I just "rolled over" those verses and tried to ignore them.

I think that is pretty typical of most Christians for the past 1900 years..

additional note ... I also meant to say that the Israelis' do not have salvation by faith .... (faith is the key word here )

(and If they do have salvation) .... it is without faith (as we know it) ..... and possibly based on the OT model

This is a difficult subject and I do not claim to be correct .