This week, I lost a friend.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christlovesu2

Jun 19, 2008
This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned. What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(christlovesu2;57587)
This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned. What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?
Life is more than the physical. We must take our eyes off the temporal, and on the eternal. Jesus gives us life more abundantly. God is still on the throne. I'm sorry for the loss... it is definitely hard to take, and I hope you get through this struggle quickly.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im sorry you lost a friend.Its at these times we must remember to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord2Cr 5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.We always seem to have these questions when we lose a loved one Why? why my loved one. A good person, Why would a loving God take this person?These are the questions we are faced with, God says it is appointed once for all to die he givth and he taketh. We so often get caught up in our own grief, our loss, sympathy for the family/friends of the one who is gone. That we fail to see that God does not take one to punish them or anyone else. He didnt take her from you he allowed her to come to him.He simply calls them home, to be with him. What a glorious home coming Im sure your friend had. Ecc 3:1 ¶ To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted; Ecc 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; Ecc 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; Ecc 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(christlovesu2;57587)
Sorry to hear that you lost your friend this week. Yea, Kriss is right.Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.II Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.Along with Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, Ecclesiastes 3:11 Everything happens for a reason...there is Life more than just being a flesh body... so take Joy christlovesu2.I love you.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(christlovesu2;57587)
Just now I was reading through Romans and as I came across this, I thought of you.Romans 14:7-9For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(christlovesu2;57587)
. . . A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned. What's life all about? .. .
Stange, I was just reading about the death of the guy who wrote "100 things to do before you die" and discussing the value of such lists.Your report reminds me of when a colleagues child died of meningitis. Went home friday as usual, monday no-one knew what to say.I've put down a few thoughts on live & death, but before that let me say that you need comfort, we all do.Jesus promised "the Comforter", the Holy Spirit. If you receive Him (as detailed in Acts 2:4, 33, 39; 10:44-46) you will pass for death to life, spiritually speaking. death is no longer to be feared._ _ _ _ _ _ _ It doesn't matter how you die, it's how you live.How can you go through life and never wonder what comes next?Death and taxes are the only certainties of life.People can be illogical, they are prepared to believe in God, but wait until they have exhausted their own ideas & desires before seeking his .. . if he's God he must have better abilities now!Jesus said:-For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. (M't:16:25)I lost faith in my own ideas 20+ years ago and after receiving God's Spirit found enormous unlimited potential for good.I have let go of worry, fears & being dictated to by natural desires and put God's promises first.God says that his Spirit is given as a foretaste of things to come. To know the Living God is eternal life, so those that walk with Him have already passed from death to life, death no longer has the sorrow that it once had.

christlovesu2

Jun 19, 2008
Thanks everyone for your prayers. It really means a lot to me.I've been thinking about this whole "heaven" thing a lot, and my friend sent me a link to this website called lifeafterlife.tv.It's a movie where people who have had experiences where they went to "heaven" and then came back to life, share their stories. Their stories really have made it easier for me to deal with the loss of my friend.I guess I have a new hope that this "heaven" really does exist.