Those on the sixth day are not the first Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I don't wonder at all
Because the promise is followed not the lost.
Its the same way Abraham's sons Ishmael and Isaac the promise and genealogy follows Isaac.
Cain became the first casualty of the fall of his mother and father, whats so hard to understand. He was broken off just as we see others in the OT broken off and becoming nations that grew to oppose God, the promise, Israel ect ect ect

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ENOCH2010 said:
you haven't answered the question yet, what is the serpent seed?
Those who reject God and follow satan, didn't you see God telling and warning Cain, is this a deep mystery?

6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

Nothing here about satan being his daddy, its all about Cain not doing well, sin was at his door, not in his genes.
In the same way sex between Eve and satan is in your mind, its at the door, its not in your genes. but you should rule over it.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rex said:
And so in the 1800's to respond to the evidence that science was now producing, indicating an earth much older than 6 or 10,000 years the biblical gap theory was introduced. It has spawned many heresies like other people lived on the earth during the time of A&E as well as Cain being the son of Satan "the serpent" and Able being Adams son "that's right people, some believe Eve had sex with the serpent" and it just keeps getting wilder. Some that believe this even say the souls of men today are the souls that first lived in the previous age between Gen verse 1 and 2. I call it teaching reincarnation but to each his own.
The gap idea did not begin in the 1800's with Darwinism, the idea of science, etc., like you're suggesting. Apostle Paul covered it in his Epistles, like Romans 8.

You're vain attempt to discredit it by bringing in all sorts of outside theories just isn't going to work.

In all of the below renderings of "creature", it is the sole Greek word ktisis, meaning the 'creation'. It is properly translated in the 22 verse as "creation"...

Rom 8:18-25
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

What timing is Paul speaking of there? The future, after Christ's return, and yet future to that even. The glory he is speaking of is the future state of the resurrection body, a "spiritual body" per Paul in 1 Cor.15, the "image of the heavenly".

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Paul says even the creation waits for that future manifestation of the sons of God. Paul put that event as still future with the previous verse timing.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in hope,

Even the creation was made subject to a state of vanity, not by its own will, but by reason of God Who has subjected it also in the same hope as we have for that future time.

This is where one is required to think. If God subjected His creation to vanity, and that's the state His creation was put in for this present world, then HOW was His creation BEFORE THAT? For something to go into a state of vanity, it suggests a different state PREVIOUSLY.

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

How many have understood that God's creation has been in a state of "bondage of corruption" for this present world time? That's what Apostle Paul is declaring there. Even the creation seeks a release from that state of bondage when the glorious liberty of the children of God is revealed after Christ's return.

Per the Ezekiel 47 chapter, some of that release of bondage the creation has been in for this world is shown to occur during Christ's future Milennium reign, with the River of the Waters of Life flowing out of His Milennium Sanctuary on earth to feed and heal other waters upon the earth, and with the manifesting of the tree of life there also in the middleast. Because many of my Christian brethren have not studied that, they think the River and tree of life of Revelation is nothing more than a spiritual symbol. No, it will be a REAL, LITERAL, PHYSICAL manifestation upon this earth after Christ's future return.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The whole creation groans and travails in pain together, until now? Yes, as it seeks to be released from the state of bondage God placed it in. Just WHEN did God place His creation in that vanity state of bondage anyway?

We know He did not do that at any time during the days of Noah nor Adam. The flood of Noah's day did not destroy all things, nor change His creation. It simply wiped the wicked off the earth.

Within the Jeremiah 4:23-28 example, God revealed a matter about the earth mourning because of being placed in this bondage of corruption...

Jer 4:23-28
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by His fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
(KJV)

For this reason shall the earth mourn, our Heavenly Father said. And the heavens above will be black. That is a direct link to the subject Paul was covering about God having placed His creation in a state of vanity and bondage of corruption for this present world (since Gen.1:2). That is why... it says "For this shall the earth mourn", meaning for this reason.

What is that "and the heavens above be black" pointing to? It's simple; what does it mean when we look up at the sky around the earth and the clouds are dark (black)? It means STORMS, etc., violent weather. It is directly pointing to the kind of weather system around the earth today, for this present world time. This is revealing how that is one of the reasons why... God said the earth shall mourn!

That directly relates to the state of vanity and bondage of corruption the creation seeks to be delivered from when the future manifesting of the glory Paul spoke is revealed with the world to come. Many may not realize what this means with what Paul was teaching in the Romans 8 chapter about this, but he was pulling these Jer.4 events and the Gen.1:2 event together about God placing His creation in a state of vanity for this present world time since Genesis 1:2. And we thought God's creation how it has been in this world is already perfect? Wrong. The earth is in a state of mourning today because of God doing this back in Genesis, when the earth was placed in a vanity state. This is why He emphatically declared in Isaiah 45:18 that He did NOT... create the earth "in vain" (Hebrew tohuw, the same word mis-translated "without form").

Rom.8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
(KJV)

We, within ourselves, also groan for this coming release from bondage of corruption. What specific corruption idea would that be which Apostle Paul also spoke of in the 1 Cor.15 chapter? The body of "corruption", i.e., the flesh body. We are to be released from that body instead to a body of "incorruption" per Paul.

By hope of that future manifesting of the sons of God, we await that redemption of our future body. Now hope that is already seen is not hope, because what a man already sees manifest, why would he still hope for it? But if we hope for that we do not yet see manifested, then with paitence we do wait for it, which is the real hope, not only by us, but also... by God's creation which also seeks that same hope with its own deliverance from the bondage of corruption God placed it in.

And thus as usual, what God reveals in His Word of Truth goes a lot deeper than fleshy minds are able to grasp.

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Rex I'm not arguing the point and I'm for sure not teaching that Cain was satans son,I was just making the point that what granny taught us about the beginning may not be the truth and nothing but the truth. Read the book of Enoch if you are curious.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ENOCH2010 said:
Rex I'm not arguing the point and I'm for sure not teaching that Cain was satans son,I was just making the point that what granny taught us about the beginning may not be the truth and nothing but the truth. Read the book of Enoch if you are curious.
You sure fooled me, like I first said the gap theory has lead to lots of heresy.
You can back peddle If you like.
Only God sees and knows the hearts of men.

ENOCH2010 said:
Rex what is the serpents seed ?

Cain being satan's son sounds no wilder than eating a piece of fruit will give you knowledge
ENOCH2010 said:
Do a Biblical study on trees in the Bible,you maybe surprised, satan is spoken of as the greatest tree in the garden
ENOCH2010 said:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,and between thy seed and her seed;it shall bruise thy head , and thou shalt bruise his heel.
The Word ain't talking about baby snakes here.

You ever wonder why Cain isn't mentioned in Adams genealogy
ENOCH2010 said:
you haven't answered the question yet, what is the serpent seed?
So why the change of heart did you get a PM from god?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, brothers and sisters.

This has got to be the craziest topic I've seen on this forum! It's been very entertaining! I've laughed my head off several times! The only trouble is I worry that some of you may actually be serious!

afaithfulone4u,

You do realize that you are reading an English translation of the real Hebrew Bible, don't you? Don't put too much stock in the English wording! While we may believe that God inspired the Word, He did so in the original languages, and we have no such promise for the translations. Furthermore, Hebrew literature is not so chronological as we Westerners would like. Hebrew literature will list things more by importance than by timing. Also, it is very common in Hebrew literature to report a generalized summary of the details first before actually getting into the specific details.

That's what Genesis (B'resheet) 1:1 is! It's a SUMMARY of what's to follow! There's no "gap" between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2! Sometimes, the trick to understanding the Scriptures is to understand that we may use different English words today than English speaking people used, say, 30 years ago and even more so 400 years ago!

Also, Genesis 2 is an expansion of the sixth day from Genesis 1, as though Genesis 1:24-31, and there is no contradiction between the two chapters. "God," coming from the Hebrew word "Elohiym," is the royal plural for the word meaning "Creator." His NAME is "YHWH," often translated as "LORD" or "the LORD." Sometimes, it is translated as "GOD," and four times it is translated as "Jehovah" in the KJV (Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4). Sometimes, people will say the word is pronounced "YaHWeH," and some will write "YeHoWaH," but it should probably be more pronounced as "YaHuWH" or "YaHoWH," that is, as "Yah-HOO," or "Yah-HO," respectively.The only consonant in the Name that is sometimes used as a vowel is the vav, represented as the "W." When it is pointed with a dot in the center of the letter, then it sounds like "OO," as in "moon." When it is pointed with a dot above the letter, then it sounds like a long "O," as in "foe." And, the REAL issue is that the name is no longer pronounced and hasn't been for hundreds of years! The vowel pointing that is put on the letters are those for the word "Adonai," to remind the Jews not to attempt to say the Name but to say "ADONAI," instead. That way, they can't accidentally "take the name of the LORD thy God in vain."

Don't get all worked up about the translation word "replenish." Just because WE think of that word as being "to make full or complete AGAIN," because of the "re-" prefix, that's not how the word was understood in the 1611 KJV! Then, it just meant "to make full or complete." There is NO such word as "plenish" in English; the closest thing they had was "replenish" coming from the Old French word "replenir" which meant "to make replete" or "to fill." Thus, the "re-" is part of the French word, not a prefix! Even more importantly, the Hebrew word that is so translated is "uwmiluw'" which means "and-(you plural)-fill" in Genesis 1:28.

The words "tohuw vaaVohuw" means "they-were-unformed and-they-were-empty." And contrary to what was said earlier, there is NO indication that any sort of destruction produced those effects! Your question was put wrongly: You shouldn't have asked, "Do you believe that God made an imperfect earth in the beginning?" because you have a particular understanding of "imperfect" and "perfect." In their original meanings, one could have answered more easily what you asked, but as you phrased it, you were pushing for a certain conclusion, namely, "of course not!" However, the English word "perfect" has undergone a transformation down through the years, too. Today it means "absolutely flawless," but originally, it meant "mature" or "grown up" or "complete!" Had you asked it that way, you may have understood Trekson's answer better.

"Did God make a mature earth in the beginning?" And, the answer would be "No, He did not." As far as the elements from which the earth was constructed, they WERE "absolutely flawless." HOWEVER, they were not fashioned as they soon would be! God was not FINISHED, yet! There was no self-replicating, detailed organization that we call "life," yet! And, as God created (baaraa') each additional improvement, each improvement was also "absolutely flawless" as far as they could go. But, the whole, intricate, interdependent system wasn't created until the end of the sixth day!

Chapter 2 simply zooms in on the activity of Day 6. For the understanding of what I'm about to say, it is important that you understand the difference between the Hebrew words "baaraa'" (Strong's OT:1254) and "`aasaah" (Strong's OT:6213): The word "baaraa'," spelled "bet-reish-alef," means "to create from nothing." In Genesis 1, it is only used in 3 verses: 1, 21, and in 27 three times. The word "`aasaah," spelled "`ayin-sin-hei," means "to do" or "to make" or "to fashion" implying "to make from existing material." This word was used in Genesis 1 seven times: 7, 11, 12, 16, 25, 26, and 31.

God did both acts: He created things out of nothing, and He also fashioned those things into new things. In Genesis 2, "baaraa'," translated "created," was used only in verses 3 and 4. The word "`aasaah," translated "made," was used in verses 2 (twice), 3, 4, and 18.

Genesis 2:1-6
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
KJV

Neither word is used in the description of the forming of the man's body:

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

The word translated as "formed" is "yaatsar," spelled "yod-tsadday-reish," and means "to squeeze into shape" or "to mold," as a potter would do to clay. This again indicates that the material for the man's body was already there. Therefore, what was done to "create" the life in the man was the act of breathing "into his nostrils the breath of life." THAT was the part that God "created."

The name "Adam" is "haAdam" in Hebrew, with the definite article "ha-" added. The word "man" is "adam," spelled "alef-dalet-mem," in Hebrew. The word for "ground" is "adamah" in Hebrew. All of them have the basic definition of "red." Therefore, "adamah" was like the red soil of Georgia from which Adam was formed, and Adam was a redskin. (LOL! I don't know if that last part is true; he may have just had red hair, or it may be talking about the blush of his skin or the redness of his blood through the skin. That's what Strong wrote. The word for blood, by the way is "daam," spelled "dalet-mem." "Edom" by the way, the nickname of Esav or Esau is spelled the same as "Adam," in Hebrew: "alef-dalet-mem." If you'll remember, he was called that because of the "red" pottage - a soup made of vegetables probably with red tomatoes - for which he sold his birthright. And, from the "land of Edom" comes the Greek rendering "Idumaea." Ha! Ha! The "Land of tomato soup!")

Verse 18 begins the "making" of the woman, a human female:

Genesis 2:18-25
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman (Hebrew: "Ishah," spelled "alef-shin-hei" = "Female," XX), because she was taken out of Man (Hebrew: "Iysh," spelled "alef-yod-shin" = "Male," XY).
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
KJV

A "help meet for him" or a "helper right for him" means that he would have a partner that was just right for him. When God had the Man name all the animals, He was showing him that He had created all the animals "male" and "female." He was also getting him used to giving every created being a name. So, when Adam realized that he didn't have a companion, he would be ready to have one. When he saw her for the first time - a female (XX) clone of himself, a male (XY) - he gave her a name. He didn't rename her "Chavah" ("Eve") until she had given him another life, a son. That was when her name was changed (or added to) as "Chavah," which means "Life!" The reason why "Eve" doesn't sound anything like "Chavah" is because our pronunciation of "Eve" doesn't sound anything like the Greek word "Eve" from which our word came! Those two "e's" in the Greek "Eve" are actually epsilons and are pronounced as a short "e" as in the word "bed." Thus, it should sound like "Eh-veh," which is a closer approximation to "Chavah."

There is nothing in the text that says that God formed the animals AFTER he formed the man. He just BROUGHT them to him for Adam to name them after He had already formed them. In the same way, there is nothing in the text that says that He formed the plant life after He created the man. He just took trees ALREADY IN EXISTENCE and caused them to grow in an orchard (Hebrew: "pardeec" from which comes the Greek word "paradeisos" from which comes the English word "paradise") eastward in Eden!

The only other thing I would mention here is that chapter and verse divisions were not added until the 1700s! So, don't make too much ado about chapter divisions, as in Genesis 1 vs. Genesis 2. They are in the same book, and that means they are not separated from each other at all.

Oh, and all this nonsense about trees representing people is truly laughable!

One of y'all even mixed up two different dreams! One was that of Nebuchadnezzar concerning HIS OWN empire, how that he as its leader was represented by a tree in which the birds of the air could nest and under which the animals would take shelter (Dani'el chapter 4). The other was the image that was struck in the feet with a rock cut out of a mountain without hands that strikes the feet of the image, destroying it, and growing into a MOUNTAIN that fills the earth! This is talking about the future empire of the Messiah (Dani'el chapter 2).

Funny, funny, funny stuff!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
All that is just more slid-slipping to try and get brethren off the actual reading of The Scriptures about God having placed His creation into a state of vanity and bondage per the Genesis 1:2 tohuw va bohuw ("without form, and void").

A simple word study of Hebrew tohuw and bohuw will also reveal the idea in other Scripture in God's Word of something in a previous state going into confusion, just like the Gen.1:2 speaks about the earth being in a state of corruption and waste.

Oh, and about God's Word referring to people as trees, quite a few examples of that...

Ps 37:35-36
35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
(KJV)

Ps 52:8
8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
(KJV)

Ezek 17:22-24
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:
23 In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.
24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.
(KJV)

Hosea 14:8
8 Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.
(KJV)