Those on the sixth day are not the first Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
In Gen. 1:1 God created a perfect earth and that was the earth that the first Adam was placed in God's garden... BEFORE there was any Eve. Before there were any plants. Before there were any animals. Take a look at the line up of creation when the FIRST Adam was created in God's image when Eve was still in Adam.
Take a look and notice that God was called LORD GOD, not just God and also notice that Adam was before all other things such as trees, animals.

This is the Gen.1:1 earth, the perfect earth of the old world.
Gen 2:4-8
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
KJV

See the first Adam knew God by His personal name AFTER he was created, meaning he knew the LORD as his authority and obeyed Him as LORD of his life. I will let you read the rest in your own Bible, but you can see there were no animals, trees etc... at the FIRST Adams creation. Jesus is not known as the Second Adam.. but the LAST ADAM,
1 Cor 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
KJV
So that means there were more Adams in between! Such as the one in Gen.1:2
In Gen 1:2, Gods perfect earth had become corrupt, in darkness(evil) void(no love) chaos(no order of Gods perfect law) So the Spirit of God went out into the Seas(lost man) just as we see the Spirit is being poured out upon us now in our darkness, void and chaos.
You will notice that in this account of creation that He is not know as LORD God... But only God. This is because these did not know God as their authority... these were still in their fallen nature and only knew Him as God. Many know there is a God.. but they do not make His Word the Lord of their lives to live by.

Gen 1:1-8
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [PERFECTLY}

Now as you read Gen.1:2 down to the 6th day in your own Bible, notice that all things in this account of the NEW EARTH after the flood of the first earth of Noah, were created BEFORE the man & woman.. so this is not the First Adam for Eve did not have a wife until the animals were created and no partner was found for Adam remember?
2 Peter 2:5
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
KJV

These only know the Creator as God, for these are the nations, Noah was the chosen and his family was spared of the flood so he would have been of Israel for remember the dove sent out of Noah's ark.. did you know there are two stories in the flood story that interwine and one is for the nations and a raven was their bird sent out and Israels was the dove meaning peace that God's obedient children live in. Jeru-Salem City of Peace.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
KJV

Read the rest and you will see all things came before this Adam so this is not the same Adam as the First Adam who was created before all things.

Blessings

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
In Gen. 1:1 God created a perfect earth and that was the earth that the first Adam was placed in God's garden... BEFORE there was any Eve. Before there were any plants. Before there were any animals. Take a look at the line up of creation when the FIRST Adam was created in God's image when Eve was still in Adam.
Take a look and notice that God was called LORD GOD, not just God and also notice that Adam was before all other things such as trees, animals.

This is the Gen.1:1 earth, the perfect earth of the old world.
Gen 2:4-8
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
KJV

See the first Adam knew God by His personal name AFTER he was created, meaning he knew the LORD as his authority and obeyed Him as LORD of his life. I will let you read the rest in your own Bible, but you can see there were no animals, trees etc... at the FIRST Adams creation. Jesus is not known as the Second Adam.. but the LAST ADAM,
1 Cor 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
KJV
So that means there were more Adams in between! Such as the one in Gen.1:2
In Gen 1:2, Gods perfect earth had become corrupt, in darkness(evil) void(no love) chaos(no order of Gods perfect law) So the Spirit of God went out into the Seas(lost man) just as we see the Spirit is being poured out upon us now in our darkness, void and chaos.
You will notice that in this account of creation that He is not know as LORD God... But only God. This is because these did not know God as their authority... these were still in their fallen nature and only knew Him as God. Many know there is a God.. but they do not make His Word the Lord of their lives to live by.

Gen 1:1-8
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [PERFECTLY}

Now as you read Gen.1:2 down to the 6th day in your own Bible, notice that all things in this account of the NEW EARTH after the flood of the first earth of Noah, were created BEFORE the man & woman.. so this is not the First Adam for Eve did not have a wife until the animals were created and no partner was found for Adam remember?
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
KJV

These only know the Creator as God, for these are the nations, Noah was the chosen and his family was spared of the flood so he would have been of Israel for remember the dove sent out of Noah's ark.. did you know there are two stories in the flood story that interwine and one is for the nations and a raven was their bird sent out and Israels was the dove meaning peace that God's obedient children live in. Jeru-Salem City of Peace.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
KJV

Read the rest and you will see all things came before this Adam so this is not the same Adam as the First Adam who was created before all things.

Blessings
It doesn’t have to say second Adam. The second Adam would still be the last one, would it not?

So, what are you trying to say here, because I am very confused as to what you are posting.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Raeneske said:
It doesn’t have to say second Adam. The second Adam would still be the last one, would it not?

So, what are you trying to say here, because I am very confused as to what you are posting.
If there were only two, but it does not say there are only two. You are just assuming that there are only two. So do you believe that the man and woman created on the 6th day was the first Adam with Eve? Even though you can see from scripture the sequence of the creation are completely different in order ? And did you not read that Noah's flood was of the OLD WORLD so we must be in another world after the flood which would be the Gen.1:2 account and not the one of the First Adam in God's Old Word destroyed by the flood?

By the way this is my sentiments exactly:
I apologize if my words offend people. I should not be doing that, offending people. However, if it's the scripture verses I have shared that have offended you, I give no apology. The scripture don't call it a two edged sword for no reason.

I come across many anti-christ spirits that claim to be in Christ yet can't accept the Word even when you quote it directly from the Bible. They will walk around the verse I show, to come to me just to argue that I am falsely teaching as if I wrote the verses myself. It's obvious that we must have run into the same kind.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi faithful, I think you're making a lot of assumptions. Your words: "In Gen. 1:1 God created a perfect earth and that was the earth that the first Adam was placed in God's garden."

There is nothing in verse one that should assume a "perfect" earth. Vs. 2 immediately squashes the idea that it was perfect because it was without form and void. Thinking that cp. 2 reverts back to Gen. 1:1 is an assumption not verified by the context, imo.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Trekson said:
Hi faithful, I think you're making a lot of assumptions. Your words: "In Gen. 1:1 God created a perfect earth and that was the earth that the first Adam was placed in God's garden."

There is nothing in verse one that should assume a "perfect" earth. Vs. 2 immediately squashes the idea that it was perfect because it was without form and void. Thinking that cp. 2 reverts back to Gen. 1:1 is an assumption not verified by the context, imo.
Greetings,
No, I am not making assumptions. Do you believe that God made an imperfect earth in the beginning?

You see from the scriptures that Peter says there was an old world being the FIRST EARTH that was now getting ready for a make over.. Just as we are now in this day awaiting for a new heaven and new earth.

KJV
Gen 1:1-5
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. {GOD DOES NOT MAKE IMPERFECTION}

Now do you see that the things are in sequence? So where it says AND.. that means THEN. So after God created the original heaven and earth... Then it became corrupted.

2 And {THEN} the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And{THEN} God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And {THEN} God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And {THEN} God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
KJV

Do you know that when God said Let there be Light, that this was not the sun for the sun was not created until the fourth day. The Light was Jesus The living Word of God that the Father uses to create all things and saves us from total destruction.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
If there were only two, but it does not say there are only two. You are just assuming that there are only two. So do you believe that the man and woman created on the 6th day was the first Adam with Eve? Even though you can see from scripture the sequence of the creation are completely different in order ? And did you not read that Noah's flood was of the OLD WORLD so we must be in another world after the flood which would be the Gen.1:2 account and not the one of the First Adam in God's Old Word destroyed by the flood?

By the way this is my sentiments exactly:
I apologize if my words offend people. I should not be doing that, offending people. However, if it's the scripture verses I have shared that have offended you, I give no apology. The scripture don't call it a two edged sword for no reason.

I come across many anti-christ spirits that claim to be in Christ yet can't accept the Word even when you quote it directly from the Bible. They will walk around the verse I show, to come to me just to argue that I am falsely teaching as if I wrote the verses myself. It's obvious that we must have run into the same kind.
There's a difference between teaching what the word says, and assuming something into the word. But we're not going to go there.

Your assertion doesn't make sense. I cannot tell when you are drawing the conclusions from. First and last is still one and two, regardless. But, you seem to be the one stating there is more. Scripture plainly says they were made on the 6th Day. Read Genesis 1 again please.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
In reguards to the two Adams, Adam and Jesus
The comonality is that both were the result of Gods direct interaction.
One being brought from the dust one being born from above, concieved in a virgin by God.

No one inbetween can make that claim.

1 Cor 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”[d] The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord[e] from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. --------->>>> 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear[f] the image of the heavenly Man.

If you keep these verses in mind you may well discover the rest of the story you are seeking.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi faithful, Your words: "Do you believe that God made an imperfect earth in the beginning?"

Yes I do because He wasn't finished yet. It was step one in His creation plan.

Your words: "You see from the scriptures that Peter says there was an old world being the FIRST EARTH that was now getting ready for a make over.. Just as we are now in this day awaiting for a new heaven and new earth."

What I see is the earth from the time of Adam to Noah, a time before and after Noah. One earth, before judgment and after judgment.

I disagree that the "light" of vs. 3 was Christ. The phrase, "and God said" is the word which is Christ speaking. Christ was always part of the Godhead, not "created" afterward. The light was the heavens in general and then God separated the light into planets, and stars, galaxies and solar systems and then the sun and the moon for earth. No hidden meanings in this passage, imo.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible establishes that only one person was called by the personal name Adam and is first used at Genesis 3:17 with the literal words "and to Adam", not "the adam" or "the human". The Hebrew word 'adam is noted as meaning "ruddy, i.e. a human (an individual or the species, mankind, etc)", H120.

As a personal name, this is noted as "Adam the name of the first man", H121 (Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible) and is used 11 times in chapters 3-5 of Genesis as well at 1 Chronicles 1:1 as the beginning of the genealogical listing leading up to David.

At Genesis 2:7, the Hebrew 'adam is used with regard to the creation of the first man or "the human". This Hebrew word was preceded at Genesis 1:27, which says: "And God proceeded to create the man (Hebrew 'adam) in his image" and is used 26 times in the first three chapters of Genesis like an impersonal noun.

At 1 Corinthians 15, the apostle Paul made note that "It is written: "The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."(1 Cor 15:45 ) Why did Paul compare Jesus with the "first Adam" ? Because the perfect man Jesus equaled the perfect man Adam before his defection in the Garden of Eden, which is essential in order to remove the stain of sin.(Isa 25:7, 8) There is a legal principle that Jehovah God included in the Mosaic Law, that for justice to be served, "soul for soul" must be carried out.(Deut 19:21)

In fact, the English word "atonement" (Hebrew Ka·phar´) is derived from the expression "at one", having the basic thought of "cover" or "exchange". Hence, for an equal exchange or duplicate, a perfect man would have to be presented as a ransom in order to buy back what our forefather, Adam, lost for his offspring, the hope of living on a paradise earth forever in perfection "in the abundance of peace."(Ps 37:11, 29) The apostle Paul used the Greek word an·ti´ly·tron (meaning "corresponding ransom") at 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 to designate that a perfect man was required to ransom mankind and of which Jesus was the "corresponding ransom".

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Trekson said:

Not that I'm agreeing with all he says, but there does exist Biblical proof that God's original first creation was at the Gen.1:1 verse, and that at Gen.1:2 it went into a waste and ruined condition. Paul also affirms this in Romans 8 when he taught how God placed the creation into vanity not of its own will.

The "without form, and void" phrase translation is a supposition in itself, as it gets away from the Hebrew and from how the translators brought those same Hebrew words like tohuw into English elsewhere in Bibles like the KJV.

Here's how Dr. James Strong translated the tohuw va bohuw ("without form, and void") phrase in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance:

Gen.1:2 "was" = hayah - to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic)

"without form" = tohuw - from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert, figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain.

", and void" = bohuw - from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin.

Jeremiah 4:23-28 also gives another usage of the tohuw va bohuw ("without form, and void") Hebrew phrase...

Jer 4:22-28
22 For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
(KJV)

Notice how God associates that "without form, and void" (tohuw va bohuw) phrase with a destruction of something that went bad. In this case, it's the earth. But WHEN did He do all that??? That level of destruction upon this earth has never happened during this present world, for we know the time of Noah was about a flood of waters, not a literal shaking of the earth with all the mountains and hills trembling. Just when did God first shake this earth like that?

The end of Hebrews 12 points to it, so does Romans 8, and so does Peter in 2 Peter 3, and so do the "day of the Lord" events for the coming end of this world in our near future.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA

veteran said:
Notice how God associates that "without form, and void" (tohuw va bohuw) phrase with a destruction of something that went bad. In this case, it's the earth. But WHEN did He do all that??? That level of destruction upon this earth has never happened during this present world, for we know the time of Noah was about a flood of waters, not a literal shaking of the earth with all the mountains and hills trembling. Just when did God first shake this earth like that?
veteran said:
The end of Hebrews 12 points to it, so does Romans 8, and so does Peter in 2 Peter 3, and so do the "day of the Lord" events for the coming end of this world in our near future.
Hi veteran,

You asked the question about when detruction of the world would come. Let us look at this from another angle.

1. God did did not destroy the natural world when he put Noah in the ark. He destroyed the world that Noah had known and put him in a new world.

2. The first Adam was to be a way for people to have eternal life, for Adam's children would have had the same opportunity to live with and for God as he did.

3. The last Adam was also a way for people to have eternal life. Jesus did not sin and by him we are able to be born again unto his righteousness.

4. Just as Noah's world was destroyed, the Old way to approach and live for God was destroyed (daily sacrifice) when Jesus became the only sacrifice needed to cover our sins.

In Matthew 24, Jesus had told his disciples that the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed. At the first opportunity, his disciples ask him "when will these things be, the sign of thy coming and the end of the world?". Jesus went on to tell them of many things that would happen and then he told them "when ye shall see all these things"(they would see them) "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" (their generation would not pass) "Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away" (heaven and earth would pass away) Jesus had not changed the subject the disciples had ask about by substituting the words 'heaven and earth' for world. He was speaking of the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem for that would signify the end of the world as they had known it. Same way Noah's world passed away.

Rachel Adelman (Jewish Educator) has an article on Jacob's vision that points out how the term (heaven and earth) means the place where man and God come together, the temple in Jerusalem.
http://www.racheladelman.com/article/

Now, when we go to the book of Revelation we know that when John saw a new heaven and earth, it was a new temple where man and God meet.

What, know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you 1Co 3:16

The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD and the world as the disciples had known it, ended right then.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Raeneske said:
There's a difference between teaching what the word says, and assuming something into the word. But we're not going to go there.

Your assertion doesn't make sense. I cannot tell when you are drawing the conclusions from. First and last is still one and two, regardless. But, you seem to be the one stating there is more. Scripture plainly says they were made on the 6th Day. Read Genesis 1 again please.
Then can you explain to me why Adam(alone) in the LORD God version I am going to show you here, was created BEFORE all the things, but the male and female created on the sixth day were created AFTER the other things and together at the same day... the first Adam wasn't according to THE BIBLE and Eve came MUCH later after the animals even.
Gen 2:5-9
5 And every plant of the field BEFORE it was in the earth, and every herb of the field BEFORE it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

THEN.....
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
KJV

Also why are those on the 6th day told to REPLENISH the earth, Just as Noah was told to replenish the earth?
Gen 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
KJV
Gen 9:1
9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
KJV

Adam was never told to replenish the earth... he couldn't have there was no woman yet until later on when he could not find a helpmeet among the animals. And then still was never told to have children. It was only After the fall of MAN that Adam was given skin and reproductive organs and now instead of God creating life, Eve would now have the children.. and in pain for her fall due error.

veteran said:
Not that I'm agreeing with all he says, but there does exist Biblical proof that God's original first creation was at the Gen.1:1 verse, and that at Gen.1:2 it went into a waste and ruined condition. Paul also affirms this in Romans 8 when he taught how God placed the creation into vanity not of its own will.

The "without form, and void" phrase translation is a supposition in itself, as it gets away from the Hebrew and from how the translators brought those same Hebrew words like tohuw into English elsewhere in Bibles like the KJV.

Here's how Dr. James Strong translated the tohuw va bohuw ("without form, and void") phrase in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance:

Gen.1:2 "was" = hayah - to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic)

"without form" = tohuw - from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert, figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain.

", and void" = bohuw - from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin.

Jeremiah 4:23-28 also gives another usage of the tohuw va bohuw ("without form, and void") Hebrew phrase...

Jer 4:22-28
22 For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
(KJV)

Here is a bit about the old world and it was the Gen1:1 and we have NO idea how old that first earth age was.
KJV

Now, I do not believe that it means different earths as in another one somewhere, but it is just made over and the world represents the system of the earth, yet can and probably does mean all other planets as well .
Solomon said something interesting regarding times past.
Heb 1:2
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
KJV
Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV
Eccl 1:9-11
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
KJV
I believe that God's seven day/7,000 year seedtime and harvest has been for a looong time. For our planting seasons are the same, 6 yrs we plant and 1 year our ground is the rest to revitalize the soil. 6 days we work and 1 day we rest. 6,000 years man is planted in the earth to have domain and for 1,000 years the earth rest to replenish the earth. God calls us trees and the earth is God's garden.
Mark 8:24
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
KJV
KJV
Ps 1:3
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
KJV
Rev 11:3-4
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
KJV

Gen 8:22
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
KJV
Isa 45:17-18
17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
KJV
Eph 3:21
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
KJV

We have no idea how old the earth is and we do see the dinosaur bones that we can not explain away and only holds up others from believing in God because the Bible doesn't really mention them as dinosaurs, but they may have been only on a certain continient or before the first Adam. But whenever it was God created them in the beginning.

blessings

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rocky Wiley said:

Hi veteran,

You asked the question about when detruction of the world would come. Let us look at this from another angle.

1. God did did not destroy the natural world when he put Noah in the ark. He destroyed the world that Noah had known and put him in a new world.
Right. God did not do a literal destruction of all things on earth, since the olive branch the dove brought to Noah after the flood waters had receded also shows this. God did a surface cleansing upon the earth. That's what He's going to do again at His second coming on the "day of the Lord", using fire this next time.

This is also the picture with the Jer.4:23-28 verses, except it speaks of no man being left on the earth, which means it is not speaking of the time of Noah's flood, but of either a past destruction of the earth's surface, or a yet future destruction. Some of the verses in that Jer.4 example reveal it was a past... event, but that was not my point of quoting. My point was how that "without form, and void" phrase is defined in Jer.4 about a destruction upon the earth, i.e. the opposite idea of a creating.

The essence of the Jeremiah 4:23-28 example is God rebuking Israel for turning away from Him, and His showing how they were ignorant of His destruction upon the earth's surface in the past (like at Gen.1:2), and how He is ready to do it again (like 2 Peter 3 speaks of). So He's like giving them a warning to wake up spiritually and get with His program.

Rocky Wiley said:
2. The first Adam was to be a way for people to have eternal life, for Adam's children would have had the same opportunity to live with and for God as he did.

3. The last Adam was also a way for people to have eternal life. Jesus did not sin and by him we are able to be born again unto his righteousness.
I'm not really talking about any of that first and last Adam idea. I well understand why our Lord Jesus died on the cross. I'm talking about the previous destruction God brought upon this earth PRIOR to the man Adam.

Rocky Wiley said:
4. Just as Noah's world was destroyed, the Old way to approach and live for God was destroyed (daily sacrifice) when Jesus became the only sacrifice needed to cover our sins.

In Matthew 24, Jesus had told his disciples that the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed. At the first opportunity, his disciples ask him "when will these things be, the sign of thy coming and the end of the world?". Jesus went on to tell them of many things that would happen and then he told them "when ye shall see all these things"(they would see them) "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" (their generation would not pass) "Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away" (heaven and earth would pass away) Jesus had not changed the subject the disciples had ask about by substituting the words 'heaven and earth' for world. He was speaking of the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem for that would signify the end of the world as they had known it. Same way Noah's world passed away.

Rachel Adelman (Jewish Educator) has an article on Jacob's vision that points out how the term (heaven and earth) means the place where man and God come together, the temple in Jerusalem.
http://www.racheladelman.com/article/

Now, when we go to the book of Revelation we know that when John saw a new heaven and earth, it was a new temple where man and God meet.

What, know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you 1Co 3:16

The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD and the world as the disciples had known it, ended right then.
You've actually gotten off the subject with all that. Look at the 2 Pet.3:10 verse in relation to the end of Hebrews 12 and Zechariah 14:12.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
afaithfulone4u said:
Here is a bit about the old world and it was the Gen1:1 and we have NO idea how old that first earth age was.
KJV

Now, I do not believe that it means different earths as in another one somewhere, but it is just made over and the world represents the system of the earth, yet can and probably does mean all other planets as well .
Solomon said something interesting regarding times past.
Heb 1:2
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
KJV
Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV
Eccl 1:9-11
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
KJV
I believe that God's seven day/7,000 year seedtime and harvest has been for a looong time. For our planting seasons are the same, 6 yrs we plant and 1 year our ground is the rest to revitalize the soil. 6 days we work and 1 day we rest. 6,000 years man is planted in the earth to have domain and for 1,000 years the earth rest to replenish the earth. God calls us trees and the earth is God's garden.
KJV
KJV
Ps 1:3
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
KJV
Rev 11:3-4
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
KJV

Gen 8:22
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
KJV
Isa 45:17-18
17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
KJV
Eph 3:21
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
KJV

We have no idea how old the earth is and we do see the dinosaur bones that we can not explain away and only holds up others from believing in God because the Bible doesn't really mention them as dinosaurs, but they may have been only on a certain continient or before the first Adam. But whenever it was God created them in the beginning.

blessings
I understand where you're coming from. It's the 2 Peter 3:5 verse that matches the time of Genesis 1:2, not 2 Pet.2:5.

Not everyone is going to understand this matter, but a lot of studied pastors recognize it in God's Word because of study in the Hebrew.

Since many brethren are not going to grasp it, they think it's going against the idea of God's creation when it is not.

Also, some of the old ruins of lost cities that are left are going to be confused with being of the time of Noah's flood, when they likely date earlier back to Gen.1:2, places discovered under the oceans off the coast of Cuba, Crete, and the Azores.

The fossilized perfect human arch footprints found in western U.S. states and Europe made within the tracks of fossilized dinosaur footprints confuses them too. They cannot fathom an angelic type existence upon this earth at the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth when the whole earth was one huge Paradise.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
veteran said:
I understand where you're coming from. It's the 2 Peter 3:5 verse that matches the time of Genesis 1:2, not 2 Pet.2:5.

Not everyone is going to understand this matter, but a lot of studied pastors recognize it in God's Word because of study in the Hebrew.

Since many brethren are not going to grasp it, they think it's going against the idea of God's creation when it is not.

Also, some of the old ruins of lost cities that are left are going to be confused with being of the time of Noah's flood, when they likely date earlier back to Gen.1:2, places discovered under the oceans off the coast of Cuba, Crete, and the Azores.

The fossilized perfect human arch footprints found in western U.S. states and Europe made within the tracks of fossilized dinosaur footprints confuses them too. They cannot fathom an angelic type existence upon this earth at the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth when the whole earth was one huge Paradise.
And so in the 1800's to respond to the evidence that science was now producing, indicating an earth much older than 6 or 10,000 years the biblical gap theory was introduced. It has spawned many heresies like other people lived on the earth during the time of A&E as well as Cain being the son of Satan "the serpent" and Able being Adams son "that's right people, some believe Eve had sex with the serpent" and it just keeps getting wilder. Some that believe this even say the souls of men today are the souls that first lived in the previous age between Gen verse 1 and 2. I call it teaching reincarnation but to each his own.

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Rex said:
And so in the 1800's to respond to the evidence that science was now producing, indicating an earth much older than 6 or 10,000 years the biblical gap theory was introduced. It has spawned many heresies like other people lived on the earth during the time of A&E as well as Cain being the son of Satan "the serpent" and Able being Adams son "that's right people, some believe Eve had sex with the serpent" and it just keeps getting wilder.
Rex what is the serpents seed ?

Cain being satan's son sounds no wilder than eating a piece of fruit will give you knowledge

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ENOCH2010 said:
Rex what is the serpents seed ?

Cain being satan's son sounds no wilder than eating a piece of fruit will give you knowledge
It sounds pretty wild when you find there is no indication of sex with Satan or fathering children threw Eve is even remotely indicated.

So the tree of life is also a metaphor of what? if the other tree "good and evil" was sex with a serpent.
Gen 3
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Nothing as well in Gen 4 that indicates Cains sin had anything to do your teaching--> his daddy was satan.
Instead it all about Cain being angry, 7 If you do well will you not be accepted? those words don't sound like God speaking to satans son threw Eve.

6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Do a Biblical study on trees in the Bible,you maybe surprised, satan is spoken of as the greatest tree in the garden

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Trees also refer to men as well as Christ in the stone that broke the image at its feet and grew into a tree that covered the whole earth.

So please your going to have to come out of the shadows and clearly explain your belief that Satan and Eve conceived Cain.
That the tree of knowledge of good and evil is really a sexual act.

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,and between thy seed and her seed;it shall bruise thy head , and thou shalt bruise his heel.
The Word ain't talking about baby snakes here.

You ever wonder why Cain isn't mentioned in Adams genealogy