Those who deny Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen !

Some have renamed Eternal- Everlasting Life and call it temporal life, conditional life, contingent life, incidental life anything to deny its true meaning which is life which NEVER ENDS.

hope this helps !!!
It is everlasting, but the condition is "believeth". The OSAS'er simply redefines "belief".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen !

Some have renamed Eternal- Everlasting Life and call it temporal life, conditional life, contingent life, incidental life anything to deny its true meaning which is life which NEVER ENDS.

hope this helps !!!

Zinzendorf, tr. J. Wesley, wrote:

"Jesus, thy blood and righteousness
my beauty are, my glorious dress;
'midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
with joy shall I lift up my head.

2 Bold shall I stand in thy great day;
for who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully absolved through these I am
from sin and fear, from guilt and shame."

There is absolutely no question of: "Well, yes, okay, but maybe it'll work if I keep it up, but we'll see after Thursday..."

Reactions: ChristisGod

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everlasting life (John 3.16) is not everlasting if it does not last. The work of Christ is perfect. It does not need to be added to by the faltering efforts of man.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It must be an ongoing living, abiding, present tense faith. Some believed for awhile, and then ceased to do so:

Luk_8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.​

Now, watch the OSAS'e re-write Luke 8:13 by definition, rather than word. It doesn't say these never believed.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is everlasting, but the condition is "believeth". The OSAS'er simply redefines "belief".
And those who have Eternal Life endure and shall never perish as Jesus teaches in John 10.

Nowhere in Scripture does one with Eternal Life ever lose it.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Security is only in Christ Jesus. The Ark. Leave the Ark, and one is lost.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It must be an ongoing living, abiding, present tense faith. Some believed for awhile, and then ceased to do so:

Luk_8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.​

Now, watch the OSAS'e re-write Luke 8:13 by definition, rather than word. It doesn't say these never believed.
The parable of the sower shows that it was never true, saving faith among those who for a while believe, with no root in them.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those who have Eternal Life endure and shall never perish as Jesus teaches in John 10.

Nowhere in Scripture does one with Eternal Life ever lose it.
As I said:

"No. A person can fall, but not be completely lost and in other situations can be. This is the strawman of OSAS that is placed upon those who know that OSAS is the error, and instead of addressing the points made by those who know that OSAS is error, they attack an imaginary foe."

So I gave example:

Did the OSAS'er address the points? Nope. Just as predicted.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who supposedly leave it and live and die in unbelief were never truly in it.
See what I mean? They have to redefine "belief", "believe". They actually think that to believe at one point and leave is to never believe.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said:

"No. A person can fall, but not be completely lost and in other situations can be. This is the strawman of OSAS that is placed upon those who know that OSAS is the error, and instead of addressing the points made by those who know that OSAS is error, they attack an imaginary foe."

So I gave example:

Did the OSAS'er address the points? Nope. Just as predicted.
Sorry find a passage that one having Eternal life loses it ?

no verse just as I thought as you have to make it up.

not interested in your links.

Got Scripture post it if not oh well..........................

Reactions: farouk

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternal Security is a doctrine of men who refuse to submit to God's sanctifying power to overcome the lusts of the flesh.
This is quite a shocking statement coming from a Christian. "A doctrine of men"? Really? You either do not know or do not understand the Gospel, or you do not know enough about the grace of God and the finished work of Christ. Time to go back to square one.

The eternal security of the believer is integral to salvation by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. There are numerous passages which speak of this doctrine. However, since eternal life itself is a GIFT of God's grace (Rom 6:23), it stands to reason that the eternal security of the believer cannot be separated from the gift of eternal life.

But we also have the words of Christ regarding His sheep -- those who have been purchased with His blood.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37)

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40)

This is that bread [Christ] which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread [Christ] shall live for ever. (John 6:58)

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7:38,39)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
(John 10:27-30)

ANYONE WHO DENIES THE ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER CALLS CHRIST A LIAR.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
See what I mean? They have to redefine "belief", "believe".
@ReChoired We fundamentally differ.

I am talking about true, saving faith, not the superficial, temporary faith of those who have no root, as per the parable of the sower. The finished work of Christ (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10) is glorious. Feeble man does not spoil God's saving purposes in Christ.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is quite a shocking statement coming from a Christian. "A doctrine of men"? Really? You either do not know or do not understand the Gospel, or you do not know enough about the grace of God and the finished work of Christ. Time to go back to square one.

The eternal security of the believer is integral to salvation by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. There are numerous passages which speak of this doctrine. However, since eternal life itself is a GIFT of God's grace (Rom 6:23), it stands to reason that the eternal security of the believer cannot be separated from the gift of eternal life.

But we also have the words of Christ regarding His sheep -- those who have been purchased with His blood.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37)

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40)

This is that bread [Christ] which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread [Christ] shall live for ever. (John 6:58)

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7:38,39)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Amen to the TRUTH.

Reactions: mailmandan

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Romans 8.38-39 is truly comforting.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry find a passage that one having Eternal life loses it ?

no verse just as I thought as you have to make it up.
Jesus Christ is "eternal life":

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

1Jn_5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Thus:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.​

Now, watch the OSASer's re-write Luke 8:13 by definition, rather than word. It doesn't say these never believed.

See how they run from what is presented?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 10:27-30
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed out of death into life

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable of the sower shows that it was never true, saving faith among those who for a while believe, with no root in them.
See what I mean by re-writing the definition of "believe for awhile"? They have to make it definitionally mean "never believed" which is contrary to the words themselves. Jesus explained exactly what the parable meant, for the first part was symbol, this part was explanation of the symbol.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 10:27-30
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed out of death into life
What were we given?

As one passes from one to the other, so they can pass out again. The condition is "believeth".

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Heb 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Heb 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.​