Though I have nothing, I will worship you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title for this post comes from the following video which the LORD spoke to me through.

As many of you know, I am suffering from kidney failure, awaiting a kidney transplant, and have lost much of what I hold dear in this world. At times, like tonight my faith fails, and i get to worrying and angered with why he has taken me down this road of suffering, alone with virtually nothing. Every time a glimmer of hope comes, and I feel like things are going to change for the better, he takes that away from me. The following is my prayer, I hope it helps someone who is an outcast and suffering like I am to overcome.... not that I have overcome, but that this is all I have right now to hold onto.

Though I have nothing LORD, I will worship you, Though you keep me in the wilderness of despair till you take me home, I will worship you. Though you take everything I hold dear from me in this world I will worship you. If you choose to keep me in this broken state I will worship you, if you choose to heal me I will worship you. If you choose to lift me up I will worship you. If you choose to keep me hurting and without hope I will worship you. For I am nothing without you. Use this dust and clay to worship you in whatever time you have left for me on this earth.... I have nothing to offer you but this. for I am nothing but a piece of dirt, that was created to worship you. In Jesus name, Amen

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As many of you know, I am suffering from kidney failure, awaiting a kidney transplant..

Good luck with that mate, I've had waterworks problems myself for the past couple of years, painfully peeing blood and feeling half-dead but the medics haven't pinned it down, it could be prostate or bladder cancer or cystitis or a kidney malfunction or whatever, and possibly age-related (I'm 74), or it could be the after-effects of covid which I had a couple of years ago.
But these verses give me the spiritual ammunition to help me roll with the punches life throws at us..:)-

"All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now" (Romans 8:22)
"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22)
Jesus said- "To follow me you must carry your own cross daily" (Luke 9:23)
"God didn't spare his own son" (Romans 8:32)
"We share in Jesus's sufferings in order to share in his glory" (Romans 8:17)
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I have nothing LORD, I will worship you, Though you keep me in the wilderness of despair till you take me home, I will worship you. Though you take everything I hold dear from me in this world I will worship you. If you choose to keep me in this broken state I will worship you, if you choose to heal me I will worship you. If you choose to lift me up I will worship you. If you choose to keep me hurting and without hope I will worship you.
That sounds like a completely surrendered will. Or as close to it as I’ve ever seen. Makes me jealous. I’ve thought if I can just get to the point where I can - pray one thing but then say (and truly mean it), however, don’t answer this prayer if it’s not your will because I want Your perfect will - that…well, that seems to be my striving lately, to enter into His perfect will and to rest in it rather than to always be resentful at what He sends me. It seems to me it would be a very hushed and wonderful place.

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title for this post comes from the following video which the LORD spoke to me through.

As many of you know, I am suffering from kidney failure, awaiting a kidney transplant, and have lost much of what I hold dear in this world. At times, like tonight my faith fails, and i get to worrying and angered with why he has taken me down this road of suffering, alone with virtually nothing. Every time a glimmer of hope comes, and I feel like things are going to change for the better, he takes that away from me. The following is my prayer, I hope it helps someone who is an outcast and suffering like I am to overcome.... not that I have overcome, but that this is all I have right now to hold onto.

Though I have nothing LORD, I will worship you, Though you keep me in the wilderness of despair till you take me home, I will worship you. Though you take everything I hold dear from me in this world I will worship you. If you choose to keep me in this broken state I will worship you, if you choose to heal me I will worship you. If you choose to lift me up I will worship you. If you choose to keep me hurting and without hope I will worship you. For I am nothing without you. Use this dust and clay to worship you in whatever time you have left for me on this earth.... I have nothing to offer you but this. for I am nothing but a piece of dirt, that was created to worship you. In Jesus name, Amen
Blessings in Christ Jesus David. Let us rejoice in The Lord, to be counted worthy to suffer for His Names sake. We shall worship and praise His Holy Name in the mist of the darkest of times, as He has said, I will never leave you, nor will I forsake you. In your prayer, I see Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great title of the thread. I am poor and still find it to love God. He is great and worth worshiping. Cheers.

Reactions: David H.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without God I would have nothing of importance.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I did not know.
Praying for God's touch and miracle for you.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God be praised!
He is the Master of the storm & of the calm.