Thousands of Israeli people Praying at the Western Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct...we are sowers...
As scripture states....some plant, others water

Yes and it is politics that began the decline of the church that Jesus started through Peter.
Well, the Bible says that church was started in the wilderness with Moses. I find it fascinating how Christians will endlessly quote the OT when it comes to promises and blessings, but all the instructions are "just for the Jews."

It's like they want the benefits package that comes with the job, but don't want to show up to work.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Bible says that church was started in the wilderness with Moses. I find it fascinating how Christians will endlessly quote the OT when it comes to promises and blessings, but all the instructions are "just for the Jews."

It's like they want the benefits package that comes with the job, but don't want to show up to work.
Where is that scripture? Because Jesus said that He is the one who laid the foundation for which to build upon and is the Chief Cornerstone.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So continuing with the topic of the Jewish people scripture says that the people of Israel are partially blind and will remain so until the fullness of the Gentiles has come...
And Paul refers to this as a mystery...

Romans 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
²⁶ And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
²⁷ For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
²⁸ As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
²⁹ For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance..

Edit: And we know that our God is a Covenant making God and His Covenant with Abraham will never change...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Five times in Genesis 12, as God is giving the Abrahamic Covenant, He says, “I will.” Clearly, God takes the onus of keeping the covenant upon Himself. The covenant is unconditional. One day, Israel will repent, be forgiven, and be restored to God’s favor (Zechariah 12:10–14; Romans 11:25–27). One day, the nation of Israel will possess the entire territory promised to them. One day, the Messiah will return to set up His throne, and through His righteous rule the whole world will be blessed with an abundance of peace, pleasure, and prosperity.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes and it is politics that began the decline of the church that Jesus started through Peter.

When people use the term politics you generally think of government. I may be misunderstanding what you are saying maam, if you mean church politics, then yes I agree to a great extent.

Jesus knew that God's Kingdom was no part of the world, not any government on earth, in fact he knew that satan was in charge of the earthly kingdoms, and that point was truly brought home to him when he personally was offered all the kingdoms of the world if he would simply do a simple act of worship to satan.

If you are meaning the latter that it was church politics, or disagreements with the ruling faction that is absolutely correct. It has been nearly 2k yrs since the birth of the Christian faith, and like the division of cells, 1 divided forming 2 then others divided and continuing on to our day it has resulted in thousands of sects claiming to be Christian.

(Acts 20:29, 30) . . .I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.
(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons,
(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.
(1 John 2:18, 19) Young children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared, from which fact we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out so that it might be shown that not all are of our sort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it says two thirds will be destroyed and one third saved.

I am not familiar with that maam. One third of the angels followed satan, but I don't think the Bible gives a number other than the majority of humans will join him in his rebellion as evidenced by the passages I quoted. Let me know if you find a passage that indicates that Heart.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And here I am again maam with an apology, I commented on something you said to what I thought was me, but you were talking to happy trails instead, my apologies for butting into your converstaion. Usually I pick up on that when there are multiple ones spoken to.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing can really quite sum up the Jews' and Orthodox Christianity's failure to believe God like watching Jews, Protestants, and Catholics place religious value on the remains of a Roman garrison. A lot of people don't realize this, but this isn't the real location of the Temple Mount.
Where is that scripture? Because Jesus said that He is the one who laid the foundation for which to build upon and is the Chief Cornerstone.
The OT consistently refers to OT Israel as a "congregation". Stephen referred to them as the "congregation in the wilderness"(Acts 7). "Congregation" is just another word for "church".

In short, OT Israel was the physical type of the NT Church. Orthodox Christianity conditions people to believe that they are 2 separate entities, but they are not. Biblical Christianity is a continuation of the OT religion, and the 1st century Jewish Christians understood that.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to really ponder as you see the wailing (Western) wall on TV....

I wonder how many know that the 'wailing' wall is truly a pagan wall that these so-called Jews pray to and towards with their notes of prayers. It is the remains of either the work of Roman Antonio or Hadrian. The former build it as a monument of Roman power as they conquered and completely obliterated Jerusalem and the Temple. There was no stone or wall intact at the end of 70 AD as Jesus foretold. Or the latter of Hadrian in 130-135 AD when he rebuilt the entire city from scratch- from the ground up.

Temple-Mount-fs-1.gif

Hadrian renamed his new city Aelia Capitolina

jlm_aelia_ann_d01.jpg