Three days in hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just a different way of looking at things. It's looking at familiar ideas in a different way.

A woman is born with millions of eggs that are formed even in the embryonic stage of the female life cycle. Scripture points to the place where babies are formed as the secret place, the depths of the earth, and elsewhere Sheol- the abode of the dead is likened to a barren womb in the earth....

Your knowledge is beyond my comprehension; it is so far beyond me, I am unable to fathom it.
Where can I go to escape your Spirit? Where can I flee to escape your presence?

If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there.
If I were to sprawl out in Sheol, there you would be.

If I were to fly away on the wings of the dawn and settle down on the other side of the sea, even there your hand would guide me, your right hand would grab hold of me. If I were to say, “Certainly the darkness will cover me, and the light will turn to night all around me,”
even the darkness is not too dark for you to see, and the night is as bright as day; darkness and light are the same to you.

Certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb.

I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing.
You knew me thoroughly; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was made in secret and sewed together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb.
All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence.

Reactions: Adam

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is our life. Our soul- it's beginning, until it's end when we take our last breath (the breath of life departs us) --the body dies and is discarded like a worn-out garment, the spirit returns to God and stands before Him to be weighed and measured- judged. To determine one's worth (value).

And books are opened.

(All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence.)

Each soul has it's predetermined number of days-- it's journey is assigned according to God's will. How that soul progresses (or fails to) is a matter of the kind spiritual warfare that occurs in the Kingdom. The seeds and weeds are planted in the same 'soil' and they compete. Your struggles in life are recorded-- how you respond is up to you, as you yield or otherwise resist the promptings of spirit. No one can serve two masters... no 'house' can be divided and stand.

But it is the spirit that descended when the soul/life began, and it is the spirit that ascends back to the Father at the end of life. From a spiritual perspective- the spirit has served a life sentence --in human captivity as some might view it, but truly in service as experienced by those sons of God who humbly obey and seek to do the Father's will, since He loves this world that was created, and He sends His son to rescue and redeem the lost and captive ones.

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne. Then books were opened, and another book was opened—the book of life. So the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to their deeds.

The book of life.... you might call it the book of souls. It's the record of each and every person who ever lived. And with that record as a reference, angels are in a sense, judged by men.

There has been much written about the rewards for those who overcome the world (the flesh). Among those things it is said that they will be dressed in white and that their names will never be erased from the book of life. They will be given a victor's crown (the crown of life) having run their race well, and they become firmly established in His kingdom forever. A golden stephanos.... and a new name and a white stone..... and that is how they will begin again, with a new name that no one knows, and a clean soul.

Stephanos.PNG

Reactions: Adam