Three days in hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this seems timely…

Mel Gibson is coming out with a sequel to his “Passion of the Christ” movie.

“Resurrection” will not be an orthodox portrayal of the stone rolled away, but a glimpse into Gibson’s vision of scenes from other realms.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this seems timely…

Mel Gibson is coming out with a sequel to his “Passion of the Christ” movie.

“Resurrection” will not be an orthodox portrayal of the stone rolled away, but a glimpse into Gibson’s vision of scenes from other realms.

Yes, I can't wait !
Love his " Passion" movie.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever taken a step back from something you thought you were so familiar with, to discover it isn't quite what you thought it was at all?

Or looked at the same familiar thing much more closely-- examining every detail to discover again-- it's different than you expected?

The danger is in assuming that everything is just what we think it is, and nothing more, or nothing other than what we think it is.

Or maybe that 'thing' is exactly what you think it is, and also something beyond what you understand it to be.

Reactions: Adam and Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have.....lol.
I call it abstracting !

I do this with many things & folks in my life, it helps broaden my POV as well as see from their perspective.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could these three days in hell be looked at differently?

I mean if you were to step way back.... way, way back and consider things not just from a thirty-thousand-foot level, but from outside of time and space. Consider even the Apostle's Creed--

“​

He Descended into Hell. On the Third Day, He Rose Again from the Dead”​

We are told that Jesus 'descended into hell and led captives in his train' -- what does that mean?

Ephesians 4 dives into it a bit....

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.

This requires a shift in focus... that far away perspective, but when and where did Jesus set captives free? When and where from --did he first descend? When, and where from did he rise? Where did he ascend to?

Things are not what you think they are. They are not as simple, -or maybe they are not as complex as you think they are.

But you'll have to set down some notions in order to gain anything new. You'll have to look at things a new way, to see something new.

Reactions: Adam and Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have tunnel vision then we miss the big picture and the glass stays darkly.

He is the light and the light shines in the darkness to reveal.

We must trim our lamp continually, keeping the wick fully immersed in the Oil ( to me this is his Spirit).

Add this to my scattered thoughts, if we stay in the principals of Christ, who is our foundation, but never build upon it going from milk to meat then we are stagnant & stunted!

Reactions: Adam

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in a constant state of renewing & refreshing since coming off those psychological meds.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is the light and the light shines in the darkness to reveal.
If you were in complete blackness, lost, confused, stumbling around, no idea where you were, no idea how long you had been there, and you saw a light somewhere in the distance, what would be your first instinct? There is a reason why many religions light candles for the dead. It represents hope, a way home.

Reactions: Keturah

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Consider even the Apostle's Creed--

“​

He Descended into Hell. On the Third Day, He Rose Again from the Dead”​

We are told that Jesus 'descended into hell and led captives in his train' -- what does that mean?
it means that you are reading a really bad translation, directly from a deceived scribe, and you better goto the apostles' creed bc that isnt anywhere in Scripture

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In it's entirety--

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin, Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hades. On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

In the words of Jesus himself-- he draws the comparison between his own experience and that of Jonah-- of the whale tale.

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

"The heart of the earth." -- Where do you suppose that is?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were in complete blackness, lost, confused, stumbling around, no idea where you were, no idea how long you had been there, and you saw a light somewhere in the distance, what would be your first instinct? There is a reason why many religions light candles for the dead. It represents hope, a way home.
I would of course go to where the light is.

I'm so thankful he is the light of the world and by God's Spirit we are led to the light that is set on a hill, a city which CAN NOT BE HID, rather than obscurity. I feel the obscure light is what false religions & cults offer. It really sheds no life-light into seekers and I'm sorry that get caught in the trap.

May our lights so shine B4 man that all will see HIS TRUTH and glorify him !

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In it's entirety--

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin, Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hades. On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

In the words of Jesus himself-- he draws the comparison between his own experience and that of Jonah-- of the whale tale.

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Thank you Mr.E !
You are the only Catholic I have ever been able to converse and have fellowship with. I do believe God is our judge and his bride will come from among ONLY believers, no matter the denominal affiliation.

As it should be, his Spirit unites his believers !

• Haha

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weird how Mel Gibson, whom is a phenomenal actor, is so anti- semitic.
His movie "THE PASSION " is amazing! Based on the Son of God, a Jew from the lineage of King David stirs the word & the Spirit in my heart.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In it's entirety--

I have the understanding the heart or core of the earth is " hell" but have not studied the truth of it .

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Mr.E !
You are the only Catholic I have ever been able to converse and have fellowship with. I do believe God is our judge and his bride will come from among ONLY believers, no matter the denominal affiliation.

As it should be, his Spirit unites his believers !

Great! -but I’m not Catholic. :pray:

• Haha

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the understanding the heart or core of the earth is " hell" but have not studied the truth of it .

hmmmm... maybe. But Jesus compares it with the belly of the whale.

-It's not my intention to dissect the terms... hell, hades, sheol, gehenna, the grave, the tomb, the womb, the abode of the dead..... I prefer to take that step back and consider the concept as a whole. The spiritual principle in play, and that is this-

Where is 'the dying place?' Where does the dying happen?

We think of the spiritual realm as being life after death, without paying very much attention at all to the life before death as spiritual also. Our physical life is not instead of a spiritual life, or before a spiritual life... it includes a spiritual dimension. -our physical existence is not apart from the spiritual reality- it is a part of the spiritual reality.

It's only when we take that far step back that this idea comes into view. Jesus, when considering physical death called it sleeping. Not a permanent condition, but as natural as someone laying down for the night.

Earth, is the dying place. This place is the abode of the dead. And it is this place that the spirit descended to, coming upon him like a dove, where captives were set free. This is the place he came to with the keys, unlocking prison doors through understanding. The key principles that stretch beyond the natural, physical world that confronts us-- he taught us to see past it all. To see farther, or maybe closer-- that kingdom that is within.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hmmmm... maybe. But Jesus compares it with the belly of the whale.

-It's not my intention to dissect the terms... hell, hades, sheol, gehenna, the grave, the tomb, the womb, the abode of the dead..... I prefer to take that step back and consider the concept as a whole. The spiritual principle in play, and that is this-

Where is 'the dying place?' Where does the dying happen?

We think of the spiritual realm as being life after death, without paying very much attention at all to the life before death as spiritual also. Our physical life is not instead of a spiritual life, or before a spiritual life... it includes a spiritual dimension. -our physical existence is not apart from the spiritual reality- it is a part of the spiritual reality.

It's only when we take that far step back that this idea comes into view. Jesus, when considering physical death called it sleeping. Not a permanent condition, but as natural as someone laying down for the night.

Earth, is the dying place. This place is the abode of the dead. And it is this place that the spirit descended to, coming upon him like a dove, where captives were set free. This is the place he came to with the keys, unlocking prison doors through understanding. The key principles that stretch beyond the natural, physical world that confronts us-- he taught us to see past it all. To see farther, or maybe closer-- that kingdom that is within.
Disclaimer: all non-Christian religions are fake and evil

There is a certain ordering of souls I once heard described in Dharmic religion, which goes something like this (from memory):

Demon -> Tortured Spirits -> Plants and Animals of increasing complexity -> Humans -> Benevolent Spirits -> gods -> God and Buddhas

Their gods, which we would probably call angels, get to enjoy all their good karma in heaven, experiencing power and bliss for about a cosmic cycle, until it wears off and they get sent back to Earth.

Like Agent Smith said in the Matrix (from memory): "the first world we created for your kind was a perfect paradise, but you instinctively realized there was something wrong with it; like it was a dream that you kept trying to wake up from."

On the lower order, demons are themselves both tortured and engage in the torture of deserving sinners, thereby working off all their bad karma, and then getting sent back to Earth.

Or in other words, they realized that their hellish existence was also an illusion just as much as the angelic paradise was.

The only beings who were truly free were those who saw past everything and touched the true face of God.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disclaimer: all non-Christian religions are fake and evil

There is a certain ordering of souls I once heard described in Dharmic religion, which goes something like this (from memory):

Demon -> Tortured Spirits -> Plants and Animals of increasing complexity -> Humans -> Benevolent Spirits -> gods -> God and Buddhas

Their gods, which we would probably call angels, get to enjoy all their good karma in heaven, experiencing power and bliss for about a cosmic cycle, until it wears off and they get sent back to Earth.

Like Agent Smith said in the Matrix (from memory): "the first world we created for your kind was a perfect paradise, but you instinctively realized there was something wrong with it; like it was a dream that you kept trying to wake up from."

On the lower order, demons are themselves both tortured and engage in the torture of deserving sinners, thereby working off all their bad karma, and then getting sent back to Earth.

Or in other words, they realized that their hellish existence was also an illusion just as much as the angelic paradise was.

The only beings who were truly free were those who saw past everything and touched the true face of God.

Those creators of the Matrix (movie) certainly got a glimpse of 'something' -didn't they? A good telling of an old story. The ability to 'see past everything' is what Jesus brought. If you are able to step back far enough, you can recognize that from a spiritual sense-- the prison walls are indeed human cells. Where spirits are held captive, each serving 'a life sentence.' It would be a horrible loop, if one never escaped it.