Three Main Teachings Of Matt Slick - Carm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I think what you are doing is thwarting your duty and responsibility to protect the saints from false teachers by saying don't talk about these false teachings. Shame on you! You're doing Satan's bidding to cover up.

I don't see that in his reply. I see him saying that
quote; I have zero respect for websites like CARM. If the time spent on trying to bash others was instead dedicated to Christ, then a lot more would get done.

Its a type of tactic that is easy to understand, keep weak Christians or soon to be Christians arguing. As he points out and I agree, it derails the subject, that being Christ. or at least a greater understanding of Christ.
Changing topics, antagonistic comments when you disagree all return the same results. Some truly do teach false doctrine, but unless its here, I think Hammerstone would rather leave it their - outside - rather than bringing it in here. Just my opinion but I interpret that to be his intention. Not doing Satins bidding, thats the language of conflict unless you have evidence of such a thing committed by Hammerstone, and I doubt that.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
Its a type of tactic that is easy to understand, keep weak Christians or soon to be Christians arguing. As he points out and I agree, it derails the subject, that being Christ. or at least a greater understanding of Christ. Changing topics, antagonistic comments when you disagree all return the same results. Some truly do teach false doctrine, but unless its here, I think Hammerstone would rather leave it their - outside - rather than bringing it in here. Just my opinion but I interpret that to be his intention. Not doing Satins bidding, thats the language of conflict unless you have evidence of such a thing committed by Hammerstone, and I doubt that.
I think what you are missing is you don't have to argue, but can give God's word to help someone who is deceived like Matt Slick and other Calvinists. Perhaps your problem is you approach it from the standpoint of not being in control of your emotions and that's why you find yourself arguing. For someone like you I would recommend that you should not try to get into conversations with atheists, calvinists, amillennilists and gibberish babblers, etc. but just stick with the word of God reading daily because you can't handle more than that.

I think you are very niave to think the same false teachings are not here also at christianityboard.com.

The evidence was already given Calvinists are doing Satan's bidding as well as those who promote those other false teachings in the opening post.

Don't accuse the saints, that's language of conflict so you wouldn't want to have a doublestandard.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
For one, I hope you are not deceived.

Fine. But I have been around for a long time and I have rarely been deceived .

What exactly do you feel you are protecting me from ? Matt slick ??

Never heard of the American bullshitter until you brought him here.

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish here mister nose ??

Throw Mr slick up in the air and tell us to run away??

It is like throwing a grenade in the air , then yell a warning , and afterward try to play hero for protecting people. Except you threw the grenade in the first place.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
I am sure lots of people say that.

From the false salvation he portrays.

You sound like you are projecting your own condition, thus deceived.

Be nice.

Pretty much.

It is like throwing a grenade in the air , then yell a warning , and afterward try to play hero for protecting people. Except you threw the grenade in the first place.
Or grenades are being passed all around here before I even got here, and I am showing you what the grenade looks like. Matt Slick says pull the pin (assume you are irresistibly selected) to be saved. I am saying that's evil.

Here is a tonne of verses to help you. Print it out and read a few verse every night before you go to sleep.

http://biblocality.c...s#faq_question5

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
How many people here @CB have been to Matt Slicks site?

I had never heard of him until nose brought him up, never heard of Troy Brooks either. I have looked at both site from the link nose gave, they are both off.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010

The perfect metaphor clap clap clap clap. :rolleyes:

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

I had never heard of him until nose brought him up, never heard of Troy Brooks either. I have looked at both site from the link nose gave, they are both off.

I agree with more of slick's statement of faith than what I've found of Brook's SOF.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
I agree with more of slick's statement of faith than what I've found of Brook's SOF.
Whatever you disagree with is where you are wrong since these things have been proven on the very site, for example all 5 points of Calvinism are false and all 5 points of OSAS Arminian are true. So that shows your condition.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
"Proven," no, certainly not to me and those who understand Scripture.
You certainly prove to me since you can't find any Scripture in the Bible for Total depravity without having to insert your view into the text, and you can't find anywhere in Scripture were salvation is irresistibly imposed and grace is not sufficient for all to have the choice.

You strengthen my faith.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
How many people here @CB have been to Matt Slicks site?

I went there twice. Once for a quick look , and the the second time just to make sure I was correct in asking Mr. Nose exactly what it was he was trying to accomplish.

If I have mis-judged noselfwilling I am sure he will let me know one way or the other. If his intentions were good , I will apologize.

I find very little value in bringing in a wacky website just to tell people not to read it.

It is like throwing a grenade into a crowd to get everybodies attention in order to tell them not to throw grenades into a crowd

Kaboom

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
You certainly prove to me since you can't find any Scripture in the Bible for Total depravity without having to insert your view into the text, and you can't find anywhere in Scripture were salvation is irresistibly imposed and grace is not sufficient for all to have the choice.

You strengthen my faith.

What are you talking about? Where have I said anything about total depravity, etc?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I went there twice. Once for a quick look , and the the second time just to make sure I was correct in asking Mr. Nose exactly what it was he was trying to accomplish.

If I have mis-judged noselfwilling I am sure he will let me know one way or the other. If his intentions were good , I will apologize.

I find very little value in bringing in a wacky website just to tell people not to read it.

It is like throwing a grenade into a crowd to get everybodies attention in order to tell them not to throw grenades into a crowd

Kaboom

I agree tis what I thought as well Martin.
smile.gif

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
What
are you talking about? Where have I said anything about total
depravity, etc?
I said, "Whatever you disagree with is where you are
wrong since these things have been proven on the very site, for example all 5
points of Calvinism are false and all 5 points of OSAS Arminian are true. So
that shows your condition."

In response you said, "Proven, no, certainly not to me and those who understand Scripture."

But you didn't show it was not proven in the link given,

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/mattslick.htm

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
i was just over at the CARM forums but got banned because i said one thing against the moderating there while being attacked hourly by the non-christians who are allowed to post on that site with nothing happening to them.

i did not investigate the website that much as it did not interest me, just the forums did, though i took a quick look at their 'school' and was disappointed with what i found.

p.s. i see that the Op has his or her accountdisabled so i doubt i will ever get the answer to this but, what was the Op's point? i read through this thread and could not see what the person was trying to do. if it is as someone else said, throwin ghimin theair and telling everyone to run, then what was the point?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was banned from the chat area, immediately - in a routinely reformed calvinist, arrogant dismissal....