Three Main Teachings Of Matt Slick - Carm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
The Three Main Teachings of Matt J. Slick

Owner of Christian Research Apologetics Ministry - CARM

The three main teachings of Matt J. Slick are (see link):

a) Calvinism, B) Amillennialism, and c) Pentecostal tongues (non-language, non-syntax gibberish babble).

He is appealing to nearly 2 billion souls, almost all of Christendom, that agree with at least one of these three popular teachings. This is how he tries to reel people in at Christian Research Apologetics Ministry to buy his products. Yet none of these teachings are true.

There is no indications in the Bible the gift of tongues was gibberish babble (as was taught in a second century cult called Montanism). The gift of language is the gift to share the word of God in different languages.

Revelation 20.3 says the nations are not deceived in the 1000 years, but obviously they are still deceived with wars and rumours of wars. Therefore, Amillennialism is false.

And Matt erects the idol of Total depravity which says he is unable to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated so he worships what he believes to be a God who does not provide sufficient grace to all men to have the choice, but that whoever is saved is irresistibly made to. And the preteritioned are given no grace or opportunity for salvation but are sent to Hell even though it was not their fault they were born into sin. This somehow gives his God glory.

I find that there is no support in the Bible for any of these false teachings. If we were to behave this way we would be sinning. How can God's standards be below our own?

Several other problems arise in Matt's beliefs (see link).

d) Slick believes Jesus is a man outside of time and space even though man can't even exist outside of time and space.

e) Matt believes if a person were to choose what Jesus did for us (so God chose us by foreknowing our free-choice), he would not deserve to be saved even though the condition was fulfilled to be saved by grace through faith.

f) He confuses the spirit as being the soul (the fallen bipartite view of man, not tripartite). This teaching is opposite of what the Bible says: we have both a spirit and a soul (Heb. 4.12, 1 Thess. 5.23).

g) Matt is denominational as he attends a denomination and favors congregationalism rather than Scriptural locality, but the Bible expressly speaks against denominations (don't say "I of Cephas" or "I of Apollos") and congregationalism (Paul additionally said, don't say "I of Christ"). He rejects the organizing of the Church by locality even though we see in the Bible the Apostles worked regionally, they found agreement on important truths in Christ, and they had appointed Elders of each locality (city, town).

The common technique attempted by Matt to thwart these problems, is he will say, "these are not essential to salvation." But the Bible also says we shall know them by their fruit which indicates, taken as a whole, he was never born-again in the first place, for he never truly gave his life to Christ.

Slick's fruit is to worship a false Christ that will not return to reign during the 1000 years on earth and who encourage gibberish babble that pacifies our will and dulls our conscience and intuitive sense. His Christ would have us pridefully assume we are irresistibly selected rather than genuinely and sincerely coming to the cross as helpless sinners to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior.

We are told to accept contradictions such as Jesus is a man outside of time and space even though man exists only inside time and space. We are told we do not deserve to be saved even though we truly repented and believed in Jesus for our salvation. We are also suppose to believe that the functions of intuition, conscience and communion of our spirit are no different than the mind, will and emotion of our soul. And we are to embrace denominationalism and congregationalism even though this was spoken of against in the Scriptures.

Friends, the Bible says we are not to pray for some people because it is clear they will never repent. Matt Slick is one of those people. He is too far gone now. Not even God can help him now as Matt Slick is stuck in his ways for eternity, eternally separated from the Lamb of God, and decidedly prefers a false Christ.

When Matt wakes up from soul sleep a thousand years after Jesus returns, he will see a figure before him who says to him something like, "Matt, I never taught total depravity, nor did my Apostles, that you used as an idol to not genuinely come to me, for the grace of my Father is sufficient for all to have the choice. You never worshiped me and believed on me when you were doing and believing all these things."

Jesus lists them herein, then He continues, "Will you repent now?" Matt will respond effectively, "No you are not my Lord, I don't know you." Then Jesus with a broken heart for Matt casts him into Hell for all eternity.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
The Three Main Teachings of Matt J. Slick

He has an appropriate name any way. So, if you do not agree with what this guy says why even post links to his site. You are just helping him spread his junk. You are doing his work.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
There were no links to his site.

What are you talking about? There are two link to slick's web site in the first three line of text.

The title line has an embedded link, and the third line has an embedded link in the word "link."

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
What are you talking about? There are two link to slick's web site in the first three line of text.

The title line has an embedded link, and the third line has an embedded link in the word "link."
What are you talking about? There is no links to CARM at all.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
So none of the links go to CARM in the post.

Let us all be anti-heresy.

I'm not implying you or tomwebster are in heresy.
My comment is with the thought that I myself ,am very careful about who's hitching post I tie my horse to.
As tom questioned you about your apparent support for ?

Apostle,
Troy Brooks

that's his signature from the link you posted.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
Yes it looks like a facebook membership aplication link for this site.
I have been computing for years and been in the service and some IT support.
I don't do facebook or any of the other social networking sites but thanks.
No that just provides an option to link to facebook. Most people don't use it. And that is totally off topic to what you asked.

Yes it looks like a facebook membership aplication link for this site.
I have been computing for years and been in the service and some IT support.
I don't do facebook or any of the other social networking sites but thanks.
No that just provides an option to link to facebook. Most people don't use it. And that is totally off topic to what you asked.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010

Excuse me? But I didn't ask anything. You asked ME [ See the 19 questions here to confirm,] with a link;
I did the best I could with the information you provided.
Can you be a bit more clear about what you were intending to say, I don't understand.

See the 19 questions here to confirm,
http://biblocality.c...ms/register.php

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I see the confusion I apologize. The ? mark was in place of Matt Slicks name that Tom was referring to.
I placed it there because the link you posted was not written by Slick but was written by Troy Brooks.

I'm not implying you or tomwebster are in heresy.
My comment is with the thought that I myself ,am very careful about who's hitching post I tie my horse to.
As tom questioned you about your apparent support for ? Matt Slick

This is the Author of the link you provided

Apostle,
Troy Brooks
that's his signature from the link you posted.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
As far as the 19 questions go, several I don't like simply because I can't give a Y or N answer for.
I also found this page that goes into great detail for every question.
http://biblocality.c...#faq_question19

Nothing like getting everyone pigeon holed real well before you can become a member.
I can see that coming back to bite people that grow in the Lords knowledge, and then find they don't fit the description they signed up under. ;)

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
As far as the 19 questions go, several I don't like simply because I can't give a Y or N answer for.
I also found this page that goes into great detail for every question.
http://biblocality.c...#faq_question19

Nothing like getting everyone pigeon holed real well before you can become a member.
I can see that coming back to bite people that grow in the Lords knowledge, and then find they don't fit the description they signed up under.
Any question that you don't agree with completely the answer is either not sure or no.

Each question is very short, but for reference you can click on the link for more information.

Lots of people play vague games with what they believe because they are really quite unclear themselves. The questions help them focus.

The questions are the 19 most important questions for the body of Christ.

The 18 additional questions run into other important items that people misread the Bible on so much and that if they don't accept their spiritual grow with be curtailed and blocked.

It serves as a positive frame of reference so people can know where they stad with regard to God's word.

How can someone grow in a certain area with a false teaching? That false belief stymies them.

All these points are proven so there should be no issue. If 3 years go by and you agree with one of the questions you disagreed with before or were unsure about, you realize your spiritual life is better in this regard.

If you agreed with something then three years late come back and find out you disagree with something it indicates you are backsliding or worse, that you were never regenerated in the first place, that the initial what was to be salvation never stuck.

These questions are foremost for Apostles to be in agreement in setting up the churches, appointing Elders of a locality, but certainly for all Christians to be on the right track.

The only thing where a person is denied registration is when they don't agree with all the questions yet claim they agree with question 19. You can see they blatantly contradict themselves that way.

And when a person selects the drop down box they have this or that gift for the church yet in their profile they reject Jesus as God then obviously they need to removed since the gifts for the Church are just for those who are born-again who accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus, was resurrected the third day. I only require they agree with the first question when they claim they have a work or gift for the church.

Other than that I am realy flexible. They can answer any question the way they like and if they wanted to clarify something they could do so in the box about their beliefs.

Excuse me? But I didn't ask anything. You asked ME [ See the 19 questions here to confirm,] with a link;
I did the best I could with the information you provided.
Can you be a bit more clear about what you were intending to say, I don't understand.
I don't understand what you are saying.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Your ApostleTroy Brooks is just another M Slick type. I would stay away from both of them and their "churches."

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said it before and I will certainly say it again. I have zero respect for websites like CARM. If the time spent on trying to bash others was instead dedicated to Christ, then a lot more would get done. Websites that do nothing but talk bad about others are exactly why Christianity continues to slip when it comes to dwindling numbers and closing churches. It's dead religion, let's go back to the life in Christ.

We know the world is bad and we know that there are false teachers. Anyone who reads even just a few chapters in the Bible will come across this.

noselfwilling

Jan 26, 2011
Your ApostleTroy Brooks is just another M Slick type. I would stay away from both of them and their "churches."
I don't believe Matt Slick is a Christian because he is a Calvinist, he refuses to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. He rejects such an amazing God who provides sufficient grace to give us the choice. He debases men down to robots. And he sends children to Hell just because they were born into sin, giving them no grace to have any opportunity to be saved. What love is that?

Whereas I believe in OSAS Arminian, that God predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints.

I don't have a church so there is no church of mine to stay away from.

Matt Slick teaches amillennialism which is the great heresy of the Roman Church. I believe partial rapture premillennialism, that is, the first rapture is according to readiness since Matt. 24.40-42, Luke 21.36, and Rev. 3.10 are conditional statements. And Jesus returns with His overcomers to reign during the 1000 years on earth. Don't you have faith to believe this?

http://www3.telus.ne...ial_rapture.htm

Slick believes in gibberish babble to dull the senses, whereas in the Scriptures I believe tongues is the gift of languages to spread the word of God.

I reject Slick's other 4 false teachings: I don't believe outside of time and space Jesus is a man, since man exists inside of space and time and God is spirit.

I reject the idea that the soul is the spirit. Clearly Heb. 4.12 and 1 Thess. 5.23 distinguish the soul and spirit.

Denominations are not God's will. The church is organized according to biblocality. Apostles work regionally to appoint elders of a locality.

And I think it is evil to think a person doesn't deserve salvation if they truly repent to the cross.

I've said it before and I will certainly say it again. I have zero respect for websites like CARM. If the time spent on trying to bash others was instead dedicated to Christ, then a lot more would get done. Websites that do nothing but talk bad about others are exactly why Christianity continues to slip when it comes to dwindling numbers and closing churches. It's dead religion, let's go back to the life in Christ.

We know the world is bad and we know that there are false teachers. Anyone who reads even just a few chapters in the Bible will come across this.
Christians can be dedicated to Christ by exposing frauds like Matt Slick. This is a lot that gets done, saving a lot of people from being deceived. The Bible says to expose false teachings and frauds, so are we to reject God's word because you say so? Your approach is dead religion. Come back to Christ.

I think what you are doing is thwarting your duty and responsibility to protect the saints from false teachers by saying don't talk about these false teachings. Shame on you! You're doing Satan's bidding to cover up.