Three Spiritual Extremes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my conviction that there are three spiritual extremes…

Spiritual light – Love, warmth, faith, hope, charity joy, goodness, peace…
Spiritual darkness – Hate, cold, fear, depression, sorrow, greed, evil, war…
The Flesh – Ego, perverted sex, filth, witchcraft, anger, strife, divisions, mysticism…

I have heard that the flesh and the devil are so akin that it is hard to discern between the two of them. There is a path I believe to perfect spiritual light, or Caritas (Latin for pure love)... Things that cannot be taught for virtue is not knowledge!

1. Hope - All things begin with a hope
2. Faith - Motivation is a child of faith and hope
3. Charis - Grace - A powerful neighbor of caritas
4. Dynamos - Greek for virtue and motivation
5. Eucharisteo - Much grace... Gratitude
6. Charisomai - Well favored - A lucky kind of feeling
7. Euchrestos - Greek for profitable
8. Chairo - Greek for cheer - "Cheerio mate!"
9. Chara - Greek for joy
10. Chrestotes - An 'Aunt Bee' kind of Goodness
11. Charisma - Heavenly Graciousness
12. Chrisma - Heavenly Anointing - The Holy Grail!

I say! I felt that spiritual anointing early on as a Christian. I wish I could have kept it alive. The spiritual anointing is something we have to daily attend to. I use to follow RW Schambach and there were times that the spiritual anointing would flow out of his services… And then there were times when I just did not know. Not criticizing the man, just pointing out that the Spiritual Anointing is something that is a daily thing. The Holy Spirit’s precious Chrisma is available to the good heart, but it can be a million miles from you if you veer off course. If I could go back in life I would have done more to keep the Chrisma flowing through my spirit.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Sometimes we confuse emotions with spirit and that is why it can feel up or feel down

Holy Spirit should be constant

Emotions are never constant

Reactions: Tex

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martin W. said:

Sometimes we confuse emotions with spirit and that is why it can feel up or feel down

But.... That does not excuse a Christian from not bearing the fruit of the Spirit... Love, faith, gentleness, goodness, etc. Where in the bible is 'emotional' spoken against???

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
rockytopva said:
But.... That does not excuse a Christian from not bearing the fruit of the Spirit... Love, faith, gentleness, goodness, etc. Where in the bible is 'emotional' spoken against???
I Never said there is anything wrong with emotion , I said some people confuse emotion with The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit can prompt and author emotions such as love and joy , that is wonderful

But the Pentecostal who overflows with joy and praise on Sunday evening service should not feel less spiritual Monday afternoon when everything is going wrong at work , yet many do

Often when the Holy Spirit actually gets us to do something , it is not always fun at the time , but later the blessings come when results are seen

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 50:10

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Martin W. said:

Holy Spirit is not constant - at least as far as human perception is concerned.

Jesus said that HS was like the wind. No one knows where it comes from or where its going. It's just real cool when it blows our way, though.

The Holy Spirit is a PERSON, not a commodity, an emotion or a mental aberration. So are all spirits, BTW. They come and go for their own reasons.

The Bible is very explicit as to reasons.

The power of sin is spiritual, not just self-destructive behavior. It roams the world like a spiritual vulture or predator, seeking whom it may devour. If one is in God's will, then the danger is serious, but not eternally fatal.

Ending where I began, its' important to know the difference between the Second Birth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It's not the same thing.
The Second Birth IS the constant that is looked for, while the indwelling comes and goes like the wind.

Second Birth refers to that part of God's eternal spirit that becomes part of us (not always apparent, either). Most parts of our physical bodies as well as their operation are not overtly apparent to us - and we live with it every day. Why then should it be a surprise to learn that the Second Birth is the same. Therein lies the secret of faith. The Bible says its a real spiritual substance, indicating things not seen (like one's liver or brain?) and that which is hoped for....

The indwelling is different. An indwelling is an overt/FELT/perceived action of the Holy Spirit, or any spirit and it is as temporary as the stuffed feeling we experience after Thanksgiving dinner. Unlike Grandma's pumpkin pie, however, the Second Birth doesn't fade away. In this is the guarantee of eternal life with God. It is that part of us which will not suffer the second death.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Spirit is not constant - at least as far as human perception is concerned
The Apostle Paul at one time said...

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.- I Cor 2

And then another place said...

Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.- 2 Cor 4:20

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. - 1 Tim 5:23

It appears that the power of God was at with Paul mightily, and then not at all at the end of his life. I say, when the power of God is not with us the church can sure slip into silly things!

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
rockytopva said:
It is my conviction that there are three spiritual extremes…

Spiritual light – Love, warmth, faith, hope, charity joy, goodness, peace…
Spiritual darkness – Hate, cold, fear, depression, sorrow, greed, evil, war…
The Flesh – Ego, perverted sex, filth, witchcraft, anger, strife, divisions, mysticism…

I have heard that the flesh and the devil are so akin that it is hard to discern between the two of them. There is a path I believe to perfect spiritual light, or Caritas (Latin for pure love)... Things that cannot be taught for virtue is not knowledge!

1. Hope - All things begin with a hope
2. Faith - Motivation is a child of faith and hope
3. Charis - Grace - A powerful neighbor of caritas
4. Dynamos - Greek for virtue and motivation
5. Eucharisteo - Much grace... Gratitude
6. Charisomai - Well favored - A lucky kind of feeling
7. Euchrestos - Greek for profitable
8. Chairo - Greek for cheer - "Cheerio mate!"
9. Chara - Greek for joy
10. Chrestotes - An 'Aunt Bee' kind of Goodness
11. Charisma - Heavenly Graciousness
12. Chrisma - Heavenly Anointing - The Holy Grail!

I say! I felt that spiritual anointing early on as a Christian. I wish I could have kept it alive. The spiritual anointing is something we have to daily attend to. I use to follow RW Schambach and there were times that the spiritual anointing would flow out of his services… And then there were times when I just did not know. Not criticizing the man, just pointing out that the Spiritual Anointing is something that is a daily thing. The Holy Spirit’s precious Chrisma is available to the good heart, but it can be a million miles from you if you veer off course. If I could go back in life I would have done more to keep the Chrisma flowing through my spirit.
If your stated assumption is other than the extreme of mysticism an accident has occurred.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
clark thompson said:
The flesh is in darkness, the Spirit leads us to light.
True, but no one should confuse this to mean that physical things are evil. God created the physical universe and saw it was very good. There will also be a physical resurrection and we'll have bodies again, once again in the perfected state we were created in.