Through the bars

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 16:2 KJVS
I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.

What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
1 Corinthians 14:26 NASB

Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:14 NASB

What is needed in our lives? Strife, lectures, religious chewing out? An admonition to come to a dead church?

Perhaps you or I need chastising even scourging. Maybe so but that's God's job not the religious hit squad's.

Encouragement and God's love is the drink that makes the medicine of correction go down easier. From the standpoint of love, Godly love, we are able to repent and get some things back on the right track.

The letter of the law kills dead dead dead. Religious condemnation never returned one sunken heart to the surface or brought one straying sheep back to the fold. Thumping the Bible so hard that the decibels will only deafen the unfortunate victim and only push them farther from God and from repenance or uplifting. Some were sent and some just went. Those that just went were not supplied with the love of God, only a denominational mission statement.

The scripture quoted didn't say let a few things be done for edification, for building up and the rest for a religious jihad to skewer the unfortunate targets.

Dead, dry lifeless dissertations void of the anointing of the spirit of God have driven multitudes away from God. Without love and a right spirit of edification words end up being only hollow and completely dead. Instead of encouraging a believer they end up being fiery darts akin to those shot bu you know who.

Let us speak from our heart to each other and not from our mind or intellect. Only when we strip ourselves bare of pride and become willing to be shamed or humiliated can we convey to others that we are sincere in love and desire to help them. They see through their heart, not their eyes, that we truly care. Unless we are willing to be broken, as the scripture says, then the treasure within can never be seen. You can't fool the spirit man. Even a child can see love... Or it's absence.

As long as I am seen the savior will be concealed by my flesh. They see Frank Lee who is not a savior. They must see Jesus.

Once after church I went with several men to the city jail to minister try to, to the inmates. Everyone played some instrument and I the harmonica.

We were at a large cell that housed several inmates and played a song or two. A few were standing around and one was in a top bunk with his back toward us. He glanced very his, shoulder then turned his head back to the wall. You could cut the oppression, the depression with a, knife it was so heavy.

One of the men spoke about the Lord to the inmates but they seemed pretty uninterested at these religious visitors. These Holy Joes.

As I stood there watching and discerning their disdain I couldn't help being overcome with their feelings of hopelessness. Against every bit of strength and resistance I had in me I began to openly weep and sob for these men for it hadn't been that far back I was exactly like them except for the cell. I truly felt God's love for them.

I'd been trying to hand out some gospel tracts that had pretty much been refused. As I broke down in front of them and in front of the men I came with I was stripped bare. I was broken. No shred of pride or self formed a mask in front of me. I was opened up and laid bare.

Instantly their spirits responded. Those not wanting tracts were now sticking their hands through the bars, their faces and eyes longing to make contact with whatever this love was. It was Jesus they were reaching for.

The clay pot was broken against it's will, and the treasure shined forth.

The dejected man on the top bunk with his back toward us turned over in a flash and bailed from his elevated perch. His hand was thrust through the bars with the others.

This then is an example of flesh vs spirit. What do I show others? Ourselves and the quality of your clay pot? Your advanced knowlege of scripture? Your denominations dead dry doctrine that cannot save?

Or do you show his love? Men fell at the feet of Jesus because of the love he radiated. Not because of his knowlege of scripture.

If we are to touch others for our Lord Jesus Christ then we must show his love. To show his love we must be broken so that the oil of the anointing can flow freely from the cracks. Unless we walk in the Holy Spirit we are just stumbling.

The letter of the law kills dead dead dead but the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus causes the inmates to thrust their hands through the bars. Not for a gospel tract but to grab hold of the love of God. Amen.

May we all walk in such a way that the hands thrust out towards us where ever we walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus