TIGER BY THE TAIL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Recent discussions of people in the know suggest that the White House and Congress are as aware of our financial peril as anyone else.

They just don't act like it.

Spending continues unabated. Plans to effect change meet with opposition and fearful criticism. Congress is in gridlock.

One commentator suggested that our leadership has a tiger by the tail. They know -and fear- that if they continue on their present course financial disaster and ruin are the inevitable result. Yet they fear that if they let go of their expensive programs they will be consumed by some shadowy effect of the new path taken.

In the 1850's a similar economic/political situation existed in America. States rights was still a very volatile issue. It was the powder keg that justified southern secession. In the days prior to Ft. Sumter's opening shot of the war, the economy was based upon slavery. Abolition provided the fuse to ignite the powder keg of war.

My point is that southern leadership knew slavery was a tiger held by the tail. They knew the system was no longer economically tenable or morally justified, yet they continued through fear. All sorts of fearful scenarios were published as to what would happen if black folk were freed. In the end, none of those fears materialized, but they were held close nonetheless. Slavery continued until abolition lit the fuse. War erupted and the tiger was loosed anyway.

Economics is the issue once again, one that is perhaps much more dangerous than before.

Do you think American leaders have a tiger by the tail? If so, what documentation can you provide to prove it?
Do you think American leaders have the courage to 'let the tiger go'? If so, why?

Lastly, if we DO have a tiger by the tail, how long do you think it will be before it slips loose and bites us all?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
America along with every nation on earth will soon perish, if for no other reason than to fulfil this prophecy.

1 Come near, you nations, to hear; And heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, The world and all things that come forth from it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, And His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter.
3 Also their slain shall be thrown out; Their stench shall rise from their corpses, And the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

The order will come to dry up the earth and turn all water to blood real soon.

3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.
10 --------------- because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
'Continue what we've been doing, lest we make things worse.' That's the standard reaction to a nation's economy that's gone into Hper-Inflation mode. The next phase is.. inevitable. Economic collapse, and end of the U.S. dollar.

Yet that's the plan, as I've been warning the brethren a long time about this, as it's part of the Globalist strategy. I recall reading financial books about it back in the 1970's when the Federal Reserve removed the U.S. dollar completely off the Gold Standard.

How's everyone's pocket books today? Are you feeling it yet? Do you really think our leaders can pull this one out?

What can we do? Learn how to plant a garden. If you've got a barn, a horse, and enough land to grow hay, you're in the plus column. Get ready for the ancient Barter system. Also buy a weapon and learn how to use it. The starving people in the cities are going to be flocking to the country looking to take what you got. Share as much as you can, but defend yourself from those who would kill you to steal what you have. You have that God-given right to defend yourself and your family.

Oh yeah, don't get upset over all this, our Heavenly Father already warned you about it in His Word. Those who didn't take heed, what were you doing instead of listening to Him in His Word?

What should we have done to prevent this?

We the people, of the United States of America, should have stopped the world bankers and their control of the Federal Reserve in pulling the U.S. dollar off a Gold Standard (Allan Greenspan once agreed, believe it or not). What made our U.S. dollar worthless today was by the Fed printing up more dollars backed by thin air and putting them in circulation along with the dollars already out there. They know what kind of condition that causes, and they have no excuse. There's been enough leaders that allowed that, because U.S. Congress had to approve the money printing press, and they have no excuse.

Inflation of the dollar is not a... mistake. Bankers know this.

The real remarkable point that makes this coming collapse a totally new history on earth, will be the number of nations involved in the coming economic collapse. Several nations in the EU are already either bankrupt, or near bankruptcy. The free nations going bankrupt looks like it may be the glue to finally force all nations to join tightly together to form their "one world government" that's been planned for so long. It could quickly bring in the final Antichrist and mark of the beast.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh yes, I believe that some sort of economic crisis is coming. It won't be a global collapse, though. There are one or two groups that will pull through just fine, I think.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Revelation cites oil and grain as commodities that will survive the crisis.
Guess who has the oil?
Guess who has the grain?

As for Veterans advice about survival, I find it to be wise. There are one or two things needful in addition to ammunition and stored food.
One of course is to make peace with God and to be able to stand on it. If one isn't at peace with God FIRST, then you're in quite a bit trouble.
The other is to have trusted friends.
Hopefully you'll find that in a church. Good luck with that one. Once upon a time it was easy. Today it takes a bit of doing.
You've got yourself a gold mine if you find one, though.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
They can always make more money its all about who gets it that counts.

It would appear you understand what they're doing with moving the control of the wealth into their hands, and out of the people's pockets, even though for them to do it they know it weakens the dollar.

The paper fiat system is a hoax, on all counts. The money powers well know it, which begs greater questions of just why... they are destroying the dollar. That's where God's Word must be studied to know what they're really up to. Problem is, most have been brainwashed into thinking things are going to still continue as is pretty much, which will mean shock when the collapse does finally occur.

In the Book of Daniel, we are shown how the "vile person" and "little horn" will enter using flatteries to take the kingdom, and by peace will destroy many, and craft... will prosper at his hand. That one the early Church fathers identified with the "man of sin" per Paul's 2 Thess.2, and the final Antichrist. But a raiser of taxes must come first per Dan.11.

The extreme raising of taxes is exactly the historical pattern for an economy in Hyper-Inflation mode, the final mode prior to collapse of the currency.

Per this economic model, starting with a strong economy, it begins with good money, usually a gold standard currency based system, just like we the U.S. had in its histories of economic booms. The value of the money (gold or silver based) is very stable. Power of wealth is in the people's hand. Supply and demand and price fluctuation is per the real Wealth Of Nations theories.

Then, as the nation's economy grows, and the people's wealth and land with it, need for civil and national government arises to make laws and provide for defense (military). A tax system is initiated to pay for it out of the people's pockets.

Then as prosperity grows, more government, more military, more social programs for the people, equalling more taxation. As more welfare programs get passed, the tax burden becomes greater, and to pay for all of it inflation of the currency starts, creating national debt.

In the final mode of Hyper-Inflation, the cost of the national debt becomes more than the value of the currency. The currency becomes so weakened, it has no effect upon debt payments. The only result is eventual collapse of the currency. This is where we are today with our U.S. dollar, as also with several EU nations, including Japan. Nation's leaders today see no other way out than to raise taxes just to try and make a dent on paying the national debt. (Prior to 1970's when the U.S. dollar was still on a gold standard, there was no national debt to speak of).

Globalists have long since been talking about a U.N. international tax system. I see that as only as a sure way for globalists to bring the majority of all nation's economies down, which is their real plan anyway, in order to institute the 'mark of the beast'.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Oh yes, I believe that some sort of economic crisis is coming. It won't be a global collapse, though. There are one or two groups that will pull through just fine, I think.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Revelation cites oil and grain as commodities that will survive the crisis.
Guess who has the oil?
Guess who has the grain?

As for Veterans advice about survival, I find it to be wise. There are one or two things needful in addition to ammunition and stored food.
One of course is to make peace with God and to be able to stand on it. If one isn't at peace with God FIRST, then you're in quite a bit trouble.
The other is to have trusted friends.
Hopefully you'll find that in a church. Good luck with that one. Once upon a time it was easy. Today it takes a bit of doing.
You've got yourself a gold mine if you find one, though.

Well there is Plenty of Oil and Grain where I come from, perhaps I feel insulated from the economic downtimes.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Fed and the government know about our debt - they are not stupid. LOL - sometimes I think armchair politicians are as bad as armchair quarterbacks....as a football fan I am amazed at the obvious advice and finger wagging the fans give the coaching staff and owners - as if they had no idea why the team is not playing as well as they should! Give me a break!

Going into debt is an economic strategy - it is not by accident! Now, whether it is an effective strategy or if the debt is too large to overcome remains to be seen, but there is little doubt that these are desperate times, indeed.

Fact is, Germany's unwillingness to be flexible in this area - based on their fears of inflation and the facist response of WWII may actually end up being worse for the European Union than our response to the crisis.

What we need is to stop coddling Wall Street. Fact is, nothing has changed with their under-the-table trading. One thing people forget about regulation is that without it, the banks are just as blind to the operation of their competitors as the public and the government. During the past 12 years, the banks had no idea how many bad mortgages were held by their competitors - how were they supposed to regulate themselves?? What a joke! They were all whistling in the graveyard together.

We need regulation of the banking industry - Obama had the chance, but he missed it.