''...to fetch...''

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duane Clinton Meehan

Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, KY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But, you are the narrator, telling a tale to others. You are not just reporting on the news of the day.
Whether narratively or descriptively presented, the mental pattern of the intentional act of getting a pail of needed water is exactly the same.

Jack and Jill's pail is empty of water. The need is for water. They fail to obtain the desired water. Emptiness; need; absence; desire; failure; each of these states is negative in the sense of being lacking, i.e., lack of water, lack of quenched thirst, lack of success to get the absent and lacked water.

Every human intent and purpose is built exactly the same, in the sense that whether it is getting some water, or, absolutely anything else, what is desired and needed is lacking as an absence and, as a not yet realized goal, and, failure to accomplish the desired goal looms as likely.

Last edited:

Duane Clinton Meehan

Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, KY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

even more sillier place to find water
With that scripture the term 'fetch' is connoting the possibility of conjuring water from rock, lending grandeur to the possible outcome.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...
I'm sorry, I wondering if it is a pail, that is already full of water, that they are to fetch? Or, they are bringing with them the pail itself, in order to fill it up with water, that is allegedly somewhere up on the hill?
Clearly there are many unknown implications to this scenario. Will their efforts be in vain, if it turns out to be that the water on the hill either, has become a dried-up well, or was just an unfounded rumour? And if so, what sort of discouragement and despondency will ensue, in regard to their subsequent trust in the source of the misinformation, and especially if the water was duly required for reasons of necessity?
Maybe their whole endeavour should just be avoided until further intelligence comes to light, or consider an alternative method like Amazon or Groceries on the Go?

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Duane Clinton Meehan

Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, KY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I wondering if it is a pail, that is already full of water, that they are to fetch? Or, they are bringing with them the pail itself, in order to fill it up with water, that is allegedly somewhere up on the hill?
Clearly there are many unknown implications to this scenario. Will their efforts be in vain, if it turns out to be that the water on the hill either, has become a dried-up well, or was just an unfounded rumour? And if so, what sort of discouragement and despondency will ensue, in regard to their subsequent trust in the source of the misinformation, and especially if the water was duly required for reasons of necessity?
Maybe their whole endeavour should just be avoided until further intelligence comes to light, or consider an alternative method like Amazon or Groceries on the Go?
DNB;
Yes indeed one may conjure questions regarding the actual structure of the situation as extensively as one's imagination permits.

I merely want to use the rhyme for the purpose of lending possible simplicity to outlining how human action always happens only as an engagement in what is not yet, having nothing at all to do with what is.

The whereabouts of bucket and water are indifferent, it is the quest, the fetch, which is the central consideration, i.e., how does the intention to fetch arise?
Duane

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
DNB;
Yes indeed one may conjure questions regarding the actual structure of the situation as extensively as one's imagination permits.

I merely want to use the rhyme for the purpose of lending possible simplicity to outlining how human action always happens only as an engagement in what is not yet, having nothing at all to do with what is.

The whereabouts of bucket and water are indifferent, it is the quest, the fetch, which is the central consideration, i.e., how does the intention to fetch arise?
Duane
Corporeal creatures, which is every single living organism on this planet, are intrinsically related to one another, anatomically, biologically, mentally and instinctively. And furthermore, there is an inherent dependency and symbiosis that exists between the all aforementioned beings.
Thus, between all these undeniable ontological facts about earth and it's inhabitants, we can induce the law of attraction, necessity and ultimately, survival. Therefore, one must fetch that which he is innately compelled towards. The desire and necessity cannot be resisted, for corporeally speaking, we all share the same foundation, and hence, the solidarity and attraction. For example, the flesh that mammals are inhabited with is related to either, the fruit on the tree, the vegetation on the ground, or other fleshly creatures. One is involuntarily induced to apprehend something with a common ground. The heart attracts another heart, food attracts the stomach, warmth and comfort attracts the flesh.

So, because the object of our affection is outside ourselves, we must fetch it, in order to obtain it.

Last edited:

Duane Clinton Meehan

Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, KY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Corporeal creatures, which is every single living organism on this planet, are intrinsically related to one another, anatomically, biologically, mentally and instinctively. And furthermore, there is an inherent dependency and symbiosis that exists between the all aforementioned beings.
Thus, between all these undeniable ontological facts about earth and it's inhabitants, we can induce the law of attraction, necessity and ultimately, survival. Therefore, one must fetch to that which he is innately compelled towards. The desire and necessity cannot be resisted, for corporeally speaking, we all share the same foundation, and hence, the solidarity and attraction. For example, the flesh that mammals are inhabited with, is related to the fruit on the tree, or other fleshly creatures. One is involuntarily induced to apprehend something with a common ground. The heart attracts another heart, food attracts the stomach, warmth and comfort attracts the flesh.

So, because the object of our affection is outside ourselves, we must fetch it, in order to obtain it.
I do not disagree with your poetic description.

Reactions: DNB