To learn the true gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
I am a Bible character. Many are unclear what the message really is. Because it is the time, approaching the time of the end, it is now appropriate for us in the community of Bible characters to start discussing what the message actually is. If you have any questions that you would like me to answer, please reply with it and I will help where I can offer it. I am in America and nearing the end of the night so if you do not hear from me till tomorrow afternoon, do not be discouraged. My suggestions are these:

a... If you need help understanding a topic, that is a question.

b... If you already understand but you want to 'test' me, to see if I understand too, that is a question.

c... If you are researching, that is a question.

d.... If you are mocking or trying to cause disruption, then please do not ask a question. We in the Bible community have enough problems without some Internet witchfinder general to come harass us.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Apocalypticist said:
I am a Bible character. Many are unclear what the message really is. Because it is the time, approaching the time of the end, it is now appropriate for us in the community of Bible characters to start discussing what the message actually is. If you have any questions that you would like me to answer, please reply with it and I will help where I can offer it. I am in America and nearing the end of the night so if you do not hear from me till tomorrow afternoon, do not be discouraged. My suggestions are these:

b... If you already understand but you want to 'test' me, to see if I understand too, that is a question.

d.... If you are mocking or trying to cause disruption, then please do not ask a question. We in the Bible community have enough problems without some Internet witchfinder general to come harass us.

Are you saying that people should turn to you in particular with questions about the Bible?

Also, what do you mean by "us"? Who besides yourself are you speaking for?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Apocalypticist said:

Hear my prayer, Lord; let my cry for help come to you.
Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress.
Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.

For my days vanish like smoke; my bones burn like glowing embers.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on those verses.
It sounds like a single individual praying while his bones burn and he goes up in smoke.
Almost sounds like he sitting on a campfire or something while praying
Any opinion ??
thanks
A.M.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Hear my prayer, Lord; let my cry for help come to you.
Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress.
Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.

For my days vanish like smoke; my bones burn like glowing embers.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on those verses.
It sounds like a single individual praying while his bones burn and he goes up in smoke.
Almost sounds like he sitting on a campfire or something while praying
Any opinion ??
thanks
A.M.
This reminds me of two things, both pertaining to Jeremiah. Jeremiah carried the heart of the LORD unlike probably anyone else in the Bible. So he knew personally this sort of despair that the Psalmist describes, who probably is using it mostly for a literary purpose. This carrying a burden is a prophetic responsibility that gives insight to the prophet into how God sees thing, not man.

Jeremiah also talked about how the Gospel was a fire shut up in him that he needed to preach out. So when a person hears from the LORD, they cannot refrain from speaking it.

NIV states:

A prayer of an afflicted person who has grown weak and pours out a lament before the Lord.
My take is this could apply to blood diseases or bone cancer and the person wailing is literally afflicted with this sort of illness. And then the second observation that could be made on it

Looking at verses 5-10

5In my distress I groan aloud
and am reduced to skin and bones.
6 I am like a desert owl,
like an owl among the ruins.

This harkens to physical disease

7 I lie awake; I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.
8 All day long my enemies taunt me;
those who rail against me use my name as a curse.

This harkens to oppression and persecution, suffering for God

9 For I eat ashes as my food
and mingle my drink with tears
10 because of your great wrath,
for you have taken me up and thrown me aside.

And these two harken to national judgment, Israel's judgment for its sins.

This chapter can be viewed from several angles but the overriding theme is that the child of God suffers from one, infirmity in the flesh, for which he seeks deliverance, and secondly you can also see the national affliction which is when the nation sins against God, it is delivered over for judgment.

But overall, I have not read the Psalms so much so these are just observations that I don't mean to imply are the way things are, but just what some of these verses bring to mind.
Dodo_David said:
Are you saying that people should turn to you in particular with questions about the Bible?

Also, what do you mean by "us"? Who besides yourself are you speaking for?
Earlier, your post asked, "Why would people want to ask for your opinion" or something like that, more or less. That you felt earlier you were misspoken, or that you were asking the wrong question, leads me to ask, Are you asking the right question now or were you asking the right question before?

"should (people) turn to you in particular with questions..."

My personal answer is no, they should not TURN to me, because I cannot make that suggestion without making the same mistake others have made who started their own sects and misled people. I offer no rules or requirements on people, I only ask that they submit themselves to God's requirements. There are many sources you can get that from and I'm just one of them (and even that is debatable).

Who is 'us'. We are Bible characters. We were spoken of from thousands of years ago and we all affirm the same basic truths. If you say I pretend to speak for them... I don't speak for them, but I do affirm for you what any of the rest of them would affirm. So I can't speak for them, but insofar as I know what they would tell you, I will tell you that, and no more.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
To the OP: Are you familiar with a youtube video called, "Is the World About to End?- the Apocalypse Explained?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9t0m6eG4Q

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I'm sorry, Apocalypticist....can you perhaps explain a little more about what you mean in regards to the "bible character"....I don't understand what you mean.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Elizabeth said:
To the OP: Are you familiar with a youtube video called, "Is the World About to End?- the Apocalypse Explained?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9t0m6eG4Q
I was very disappointed in the video. He makes very valuable points about the beast being the (revived) Roman Empire but then from there I disagree with him on almost everything else. He has a very catholic-centric take of things and I'm generally qualitatively reversed from the Catholic church on virtually everything.

A major error he makes is interpreting the woman clothed with the sun as Europa and the great red dragon as the Soviet Union.

I suppose growing up in the Southern United States has contributed to me having a very different look. I bet most people in these areas completely fail to properly estimate the power of the Church. America is largely a Protestant nation, and evangelical especially outside urban areas like Boston, Chicago, New York, etc.. that have large and influential Catholic presence, largely due to the height of Irish immigration in the 1800s and 1900s.

In the South it is not like that at all. So for me as an American, I've been primarily concerned with what the word of God is for Americans. And I don't see the Catholic church as playing as big a role as has been anticipated historically in Protestantism.
Rach said:
I'm sorry, Apocalypticist....can you perhaps explain a little more about what you mean in regards to the "bible character"....I don't understand what you mean.
In Revelation, there are a number of individuals scheduled to arrive near the end of the age. I am one of them.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Apocalypticist said:
In Revelation, there are a number of individuals scheduled to arrive near the end of the age. I am one of them.
I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

'Individuals'? You're not going to go that step further and tell us which 'individual' you claim to be?

If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. (John 5:31, ESV)

Reactions: day

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Rach said:
I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

'Individuals'? You're not going to go that step further and tell us which 'individual' you claim to be?

If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. (John 5:31, ESV)

Why should you be sorry? Am I demanding that you accept my explanation? No. You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. But I'm not going to say you or anyone else here should just believe me.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
So...You want people to ask you questions and consider your answers as though your claims are true and correct....claims you won't specify or try to back up. Claims that you don't seem to care if people believe or not.

Logically I think that just went in a bit of a circle.

Why are you here if you don't believe in yourself enough to try and prove it? I think your claim is wrong (although as you haven't made clear just who in Revelations you're purporting to be, I can't say more than that)...but every bible 'character' that God sent to the world earnestly set out to convince the world who he was...through scripture. So...the very fact that you won't say which 'character' from Revelations you believe you are, and the fact that you don't seem to care one way or the other about proving it, or having Christians (to whom, if you are indeed a 'character', you have been sent) believe you, says to me that you cannot honestly believe what you are claiming.

I'm not trying to be insulting or stand-offish....but I honestly believe that scripture...and you in your vagueness, for that matter, actually stand against your claim. I hope you are aware of the seriousness of claiming to be a prominant part of scripture, when that is not the case. I get that you don't care what I think, and I suppose that's a nice way to live, not worrying about what others think! But take care in what God thinks....as his is the only opinion that matters......

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Apocalypticist said:
Oh boy .... another of the "two witnesses"..... ??

Welcome aboard .... there are thousands and thousands of people who think they are the "two witnesses"

Lala land is getting crowded

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Rach said:
So...You want people to ask you questions and consider your answers as though your claims are true and correct....claims you won't specify or try to back up. Claims that you don't seem to care if people believe or not.

Logically I think that just went in a bit of a circle.

Why are you here if you don't believe in yourself enough to try and prove it? I think your claim is wrong (although as you haven't made clear just who in Revelations you're purporting to be, I can't say more than that)...but every bible 'character' that God sent to the world earnestly set out to convince the world who he was...through scripture. So...the very fact that you won't say which 'character' from Revelations you believe you are, and the fact that you don't seem to care one way or the other about proving it, or having Christians (to whom, if you are indeed a 'character', you have been sent) believe you, says to me that you cannot honestly believe what you are claiming.

I'm not trying to be insulting or stand-offish....but I honestly believe that scripture...and you in your vagueness, for that matter, actually stand against your claim. I hope you are aware of the seriousness of claiming to be a prominant part of scripture, when that is not the case. I get that you don't care what I think, and I suppose that's a nice way to live, not worrying about what others think! But take care in what God thinks....as his is the only opinion that matters......
"
So...You want people to ask you questions and consider your answers as though your claims are true and correct....claims you won't specify or try to back up. Claims that you don't seem to care if people believe or not. Logically I think that just went in a bit of a circle."

This thread is for people who are interested in an opinion or perspective. I can't offer them perfect answers and some questions I might not be able to answer at all. The only thing I offer is resonance. If my answers resonate with you, then you've benefited. If they don't resonate with you, then that doesn't bother me at all. You should go look for answers in a place that does benefit you. I can't guarantee to benefit an and I don't recommend you do anything but take whatever I say with a grain of salt because there are a lot of liars, of course.

Your following paragraph is nothing but one big assumption. This is how I respond..

I am 25 years old. Yesterday I spent Christmas over at my grandparents. My grandfather started having heart trouble as of the last couple months. We had a good morning/afternoon. I was later there with most, me and my dad. About 6:00 pm I had a premonition about my grandfather's health and about 7:30 pm they were talking about taking him to the hospital. We left around 8 pm, I went home and he went to the hospital and my dad went up there and met him.

I wanted to tell you that because we are all people behind these screens. We primarily know ea h other not for who we are but the words we type and post here, which may or may not reflect who is saying them and which may or may not be the words we would have used in real life.

If you think about this, you will see that all you're trying to guess is who this really is behind the screen, whether I am real, honest, or just having a good time. I hope you know now that I am an honest person, and I am calling it the way I see it. I'm not telling you any deceit that I know to be deceit, but whether I'm wrong and mislead is another thing. I do as I believe I should and say what I think ought to be said. I look forward to your next response and I will be back this afternoon. :)

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
Apocalypticist said:
I was very disappointed in the video. He makes very valuable points about the beast being the (revived) Roman Empire but then from there I disagree with him on almost everything else. He has a very catholic-centric take of things and I'm generally qualitatively reversed from the Catholic church on virtually everything.

A major error he makes is interpreting the woman clothed with the sun as Europa and the great red dragon as the Soviet Union.
That's incorrect. Brother Peter demonstrates how the "woman clothed with the sun" is actually the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Great Red Dragon is Communism. Europa is the woman on the beast.

You disagree with almost everything in the video. Do you have a more plausible explanation of the Apocoalypse?

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Elizabeth said:
That's incorrect. Brother Peter demonstrates how the "woman clothed with the sun" is actually the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Great Red Dragon is Communism. Europa is the woman on the beast.

You disagree with almost everything in the video. Do you have a more plausible explanation of the Apocoalypse?
Yes I do. Do you mean to tell me I have to go make an hour long presentation or you will not be satisfied? Or maybe you want me to type several thousand words neither of which I'm going to do. But I will explain the woman...

The woman represents primarily the Virgin Mary and secondarily it represents the church. It refers to being taken and sheltered in the wilderness which happened three times in the Bible.

- The (first) Exodus

- Mary and Joseph and child steal away to Egypt

- The future exodus

This woman clothed with the sun refers to the past event of the Woman with Child, and the red dragon through Herod persecuting the young boys, and on the wings of an eagle they stole away to Egypt where they were preserved

The future exodus... This is the exodus of the church, the woman in travail brought to the wilderness at the pursuit of the red dragon... It is here that she gives birth.. that is, arrives at full maturation.

So it has a dual application.
I fi was mistaken on the europa-woman connection I apologize but I did watch about 80 percent of the video and tried to make mental notes the best I could. I doubt if anyone else would have watched it after finding it was over 60 minutes long.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Apocalypticist said:
This thread is for people who are interested in an opinion or perspective. I can't offer them perfect answers and some questions I might not be able to answer at all. The only thing I offer is resonance. If my answers resonate with you, then you've benefited. If they don't resonate with you, then that doesn't bother me at all. You should go look for answers in a place that does benefit you. I can't guarantee to benefit an and I don't recommend you do anything but take whatever I say with a grain of salt because there are a lot of liars, of course.
See, this is exactly my point. If you are indeed a 'character' from Revelations, then you don't offer "opinion or perspective".....that is not what the characters of Revelations are called to do. They speak God's word. Full Stop.
And as for the 'resonance'....that your answers resonate with some but not others....I'm afraid that is just new age speak for "my truth is different from your truth". Which is rubbish.....there is THE truth, which is God's truth. God's truth should 'resonate' with all Christians.
So....both your claims above, cannot be.

Your following paragraph is nothing but one big assumption. This is how I respond..

I am 25 years old. Yesterday I spent Christmas over at my grandparents. My grandfather started having heart trouble as of the last couple months. We had a good morning/afternoon. I was later there with most, me and my dad. About 6:00 pm I had a premonition about my grandfather's health and about 7:30 pm they were talking about taking him to the hospital. We left around 8 pm, I went home and he went to the hospital and my dad went up there and met him.

I wanted to tell you that because we are all people behind these screens. We primarily know ea h other not for who we are but the words we type and post here, which may or may not reflect who is saying them and which may or may not be the words we would have used in real life.

If you think about this, you will see that all you're trying to guess is who this really is behind the screen, whether I am real, honest, or just having a good time. I hope you know now that I am an honest person, and I am calling it the way I see it. I'm not telling you any deceit that I know to be deceit, but whether I'm wrong and mislead is another thing. I do as I believe I should and say what I think ought to be said. I look forward to your next response and I will be back this afternoon. :)
Everyone is a 'real' person, who have lives, friends, jobs etc. And I suppose that most people think of themselves as good, decent people. But that really is not the point here. I don't know if you are a deciever, or are being decieved....but the point I was trying to make was valid in both instances.....

If you are trying to decieve people, then they need to know that biblically, your claims do not stack up. And if you are being decieved yourself...then the same thing applies.

What do we know of people that God has called throughout history? Usually, that his call dominates and controls their lives. The prophets of old? They would spend time 'away' from people recieving God's word, and then go and speak it to the people, who would usually dislike what they were being told, and try to kill said prophet. What about the apostles? The same thing, really....they spent their lives calling people to the gospel, and while people did come, many opposed them and all bar one was killed for his faith.

So, knowing that, we read Revelations. Of all the people God has called, the 'characters' who show up in Revelation, have it the worst. There will be global opposition, and this 'call' will be the all of their life.

Biblically, your claim cannot be.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Apocalypticist said:

I am 25 years old.
Sitting your self up as the instructor of your elders is never a good idea. It would be better to simply join the conversations and let the quality of your posts speak for you.

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Oh look a quizz. Who is that American Bible character?

Let's get some popcorn....

or how about to come to the point of the "true gospel" and skip the quizz format? This might work in America,
but in the rest of the world we get reminded of "American prophets" that never get anything right because
they live in their private universe - also known as lalaland.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
day said:
Sitting your self up as the instructor of your elders is never a good idea. It would be better to simply join the conversations and let the quality of your posts speak for you.
I aint got wanna dem university degrees. I aint got any expert training in any field. But I am older than the young boy so that'll tell 'em!

How age = being more intelligent I've never understood. How many of you older Americans have ever seen a doctor who hadn't been out of medical school any more than four or five years? I bet you have, if you've seen different doctors over the years. Why, seem of these youths could be your son, or daughter. But it's no use in arguing with the doc, "Young whippersnapper, I disagree in kind that rather than thrombocytopenic purpura, I rather have a high level of lead in the blood!" because frankly that's just moronic.

You're older but that doesn't equate to building sturdier bridges, building machines or doing anything else any better.

Your point is prejudicial and is typical trash from a baby boomer, by my guess.

Let me remind you of the is-ought problem. Not everything that is is as it ought to be, or in other words, just because something ought to be doesn't mean it is.

Translation in this case: Maybe you ought to be wiser or better equipped, but again, it ought to be doesn't guarantee it is.

On n the contrary, I recalled a Jesus drawing a line in the said He who is without sin may cast the first stone... And that after these words, each man stepped away and dropped the stones he had gathered, starting with the oldest first. In that sense, if anyone should be throwing stones here it should be me, because in this parable it would suggest I have less sin than other of you here.

Are any of you throwing stones this evening? I can count a few.

Would it make sense to say to a thirty year old Jesus, which is when it was said he started his minstry, that he is too young, he should go back and study more?

Or recall that Jeremiah was called when he was scantly a man by American standards some saying he was in his late teens.

Does any of this help you? I would that it did, but judging by the prejudicial attitudes I'm encountering here, I don't believe it will. Nevertheless, I make my comments for those who have ears to hear.

Rach said:
See, this is exactly my point. If you are indeed a 'character' from Revelations, then you don't offer "opinion or perspective".....that is not what the characters of Revelations are called to do. They speak God's word. Full Stop.
And as for the 'resonance'....that your answers resonate with some but not others....I'm afraid that is just new age speak for "my truth is different from your truth". Which is rubbish.....there is THE truth, which is God's truth. God's truth should 'resonate' with all Christians.
So....both your claims above, cannot be.

Everyone is a 'real' person, who have lives, friends, jobs etc. And I suppose that most people think of themselves as good, decent people. But that really is not the point here. I don't know if you are a deciever, or are being decieved....but the point I was trying to make was valid in both instances.....

If you are trying to decieve people, then they need to know that biblically, your claims do not stack up. And if you are being decieved yourself...then the same thing applies.

What do we know of people that God has called throughout history? Usually, that his call dominates and controls their lives. The prophets of old? They would spend time 'away' from people recieving God's word, and then go and speak it to the people, who would usually dislike what they were being told, and try to kill said prophet. What about the apostles? The same thing, really....they spent their lives calling people to the gospel, and while people did come, many opposed them and all bar one was killed for his faith.

So, knowing that, we read Revelations. Of all the people God has called, the 'characters' who show up in Revelation, have it the worst. There will be global opposition, and this 'call' will be the all of their life.

Biblically, your claim cannot be.
With all due respect, I know you as an elder, but it is "Revelation" not "Revelations". Now going forward, do we continue accepting that you are as well learned in a book you're not even sure of its name?

"Biblically, your claim cannot be."

You said prophets withdrew from the world around them and went into communion with God? Why did you automatically guess that that did not describe what I did? But you could have asked me and I would have told you... but your posts are riddled with assumptions and this one is no different.

Here's one thing I admit you did get right:

"And as for the 'resonance'....that your answers resonate with some but not others....I'm afraid that is just new age speak for "my truth is different from your truth""

I wasn't clear enough the last time around. If there is a question I can objectively answer, then I will cite that as being the 'correct' answer. But if you ask me a question and I am not certain as to the answer, I can answer briefly and tentatively but I am not going to imply to you that my answer is the best answer. I want to be clear on that... so it is that I will give you a correct answer, but only if I have it. Not everyone's opinions are equal. I agree with you.

One last thing: that my claim 'cannot be'. I haven't even told you what the claim is. How do you knw my claim cannot be unless you made an a priori determination to deconstruct every thing I've said and to 'prove' that my claim 'cannot be'? Again, you're fine to that interpretation (opinion) because I can't change your mind. If there are people here who benefit from my language, then more power to them. If not, then more power to you as well. But I think what your post shows is you've made your mind up before even examining what I have to offer, but I respect that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I said in my first post to Arnie....

"But overall, I have not read the Psalms so much so these are just observations that I don't mean to imply are the way things are, but just what some of these verses bring to mind."

That is to be clear, I'm not offering a dogmatic answer. Instead I'm offering a perspective.

-------------------------------

To Elizabeth I said,

"The woman represents primarily the Virgin Mary and secondarily it represents the church. It refers to being taken and sheltered in the wilderness which happened three times in the Bible..."

This I don't identify as an opinion because I'm offering an answer that I'm trying to be precise on, the 'correct' answer. I'm identifying this as a true answer rather than a perspective.

I do that because there is a greater error in giving a false answer dogmatically rather than giving a false answer prefaced with saying 'I could be mistaken' or the like.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Apocalypticist said:
With all due respect, I know you as an elder, but it is "Revelation" not "Revelations". Now going forward, do we continue accepting that you are as well learned in a book you're not even sure of its name?
Really? You're really going to question my intelligance or 'authority' because I used a colloquial term for the last book of the bible?
Maybe I should have written it all out: 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John the Disciple as he was exiled on Patmos Isle'. Or maybe 'The Revelation to John'
I have never, and will never, claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed, nor that my understanding is superior and vast. But what I, and others, can do, is read with basic comprehension skills. And when you throw in the guiding of the Holy Spirit, what you come up with is enough 'intelligance and authority' to be able to call a spade a spade.

"Biblically, your claim cannot be."

You said prophets withdrew from the world around them and went into communion with God? Why did you automatically guess that that did not describe what I did? But you could have asked me and I would have told you... but your posts are riddled with assumptions and this one is no different.
Um....and yet your previous post went into detail on how you were just a normal man, with normal days, doing normal stuff. Do you wonder that I drew a conclusion out of that?
But just so I do not repeat the mistake....how, then, do you 'function' in your position as 'bible character'? And you should probably actually mention who you are claiming to be....

Here's one thing I admit you did get right:

"And as for the 'resonance'....that your answers resonate with some but not others....I'm afraid that is just new age speak for "my truth is different from your truth""

I wasn't clear enough the last time around. If there is a question I can objectively answer, then I will cite that as being the 'correct' answer. But if you ask me a question and I am not certain as to the answer, I can answer briefly and tentatively but I am not going to imply to you that my answer is the best answer. I want to be clear on that... so it is that I will give you a correct answer, but only if I have it. Not everyone's opinions are equal. I agree with you.
But again, we run into a problem. A 'bible character' in Revelations (excuse me, Revelation), is not here to tenatively answer some peoples questions and not others.
The last book of the bible is a disclosure of unseen heavenly or future events or realities. The characters we see in this book play out on a global scale. We do not see the two witnesses (for example) calling people to sit at their feet and feel free to one by one, ask them questions that they may or may not be able to answer.

One last thing: that my claim 'cannot be'. I haven't even told you what the claim is. How do you knw my claim cannot be unless you made an a priori determination to deconstruct every thing I've said and to 'prove' that my claim 'cannot be'? Again, you're fine to that interpretation (opinion) because I can't change your mind. If there are people here who benefit from my language, then more power to them. If not, then more power to you as well. But I think what your post shows is you've made your mind up before even examining what I have to offer, but I respect that.
Ok....firstly, the very fact that you haven't said who you claim to be, is iffy. No one is going to believe a vague claim that you were written about in scripture, especially when that claim is made with a disclaimer: that you may or may not be able to answer their questions.
Secondly...there is another, very good reason why I say your claim 'cannot be'. Let's consider the 'characters' that come to light in Revelation.

Firstly we have John....clearly you are not him.
Then we have Jesus showing up...nope, not him either.
Then we have mention of the 7 churches in Asia...the good and the bad.....they've been gone about 2000 years, so you can't be one of those...although I question that those 'groups' can be called specific 'characters' anyway.
After that we have the the throne of heaven, on which God sits, the angels around him singing his praises...you obviously can't be found in that.
Then we see the Lamb (Jesus) opening the scroll and the seals, again, with angels around him...again, you're not there.
We see the four horsemen...one would hope you do not claim to be one of those...besides, being on a forum making such claims is not exactly killing people with plauges, famines or war.
Then we have the 144,000 servants of God, and the 'Great Multitude' of believers that have come out of the great tribulation. Now, people differ on the interpretation of who the 144,000 are, whether they represent ethnic Israeli believers, of if they are of the new covenant Church....but regardless, clearly they worship Christ, and there are a lot of them. I would not categorize them as individual 'characters' who have a special role to play in Revelation...as you claim you have. So....while you could claim to be one of these....so could any Christian alive, or dead.
Then we have more seals, more angels and then the trumpets. We see scorpion, lion things....clearly not you, and we have 'angel of the bottomless pit' who rules over them...Abaddon....hopefully, not you.
You see where I'm going with this.....
We have the two witnesses...who prophesy for 1260 days clothed in sackcloth.....they have supernatural protection, cause it not to rain, turn water into blood, and will be killed by the 'beast'. Doesn't quite sound like the life you were describing to me.
Then we have the woman and the dragon. You're not a woman, you're not clothed with the sun or pregnant, so that counts you out. I doubt you're a dragon...literal or metaphorical...
Then we have Satan, the First Beast, the Second Beast, more angels, more judgements...
We have the false prophet.....that should worry anyone making false claims....but again, we're talking about global scale here....and while this site is slowly getting bigger, it's hardly on the worlds stage.
There is the Great Prostitute and the Beast....I doubt you're claiming to be either one.
More angles, more destruction, more judgements...
Rejoicing in Heaven....that will be for all Christians and angelic beings....
The marriage supper of the lamb....the Rider on a White Horse (Christ)...
The thousand years, in which Satan is bound....Christ on the throne...
The ultimate defeat of Satan....the White Throne Judgement....The new heavens and new earth and new Jerusalem......

Basically, unless you are claimin to be someone of ultimate evil....there are only two possibilities of who you are claiming to be. You are either claiming to be one of the two witnesses, or you are claiming to be one of the 144,000.
Being one of the two witnesses is unlikely, as the context of that passage leads us to believe that when they come onto the stage, the whole world will know, and oppose them. There will be supernatural events surrounding them, making it clear to all, that these two people are not normal. Claiming to be someone on a small board does not really equal the same sort of thing. As I've not seen you on TV where people have tried to kill you, and had their violence turned back on themselves...or seen you stop the rain....I have very little biblical allowance to believe this....
As for being one of the 144,000.....like I said....sure....maybe you are...but as a redeemed person, so could I be....and I'm hardly touting myself as someone special or wise enough that people should come and sit at my feet and learn. Being one of the 144,000 or one of the 'great mulititude' just means that I am incredibly blessed to have been saved by Christ. It doesn't give me authority on the prophetic level to claim "I am announcing, that I have come, just as scripture foretold"....which is sort of what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.