To learn the true gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Nobody here is the final earthly authority on how to properly interpret the Bible.

The moment that one claims, "My perspective is the truth", one has crossed the line into claiming to be the authority on the Bible's teachings.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Rach said:
Basically, unless you are claimin to be someone of ultimate evil....there are only two possibilities of who you are claiming to be. You are either claiming to be one of the two witnesses, or you are claiming to be one of the 144,000.
Being one of the two witnesses is unlikely, as the context of that passage leads us to believe that when they come onto the stage, the whole world will know, and oppose them. There will be supernatural events surrounding them, making it clear to all, that these two people are not normal. Claiming to be someone on a small board does not really equal the same sort of thing. As I've not seen you on TV where people have tried to kill you, and had their violence turned back on themselves...or seen you stop the rain....I have very little biblical allowance to believe this....
As for being one of the 144,000.....like I said....sure....maybe you are...but as a redeemed person, so could I be....and I'm hardly touting myself as someone special or wise enough that people should come and sit at my feet and learn. Being one of the 144,000 or one of the 'great mulititude' just means that I am incredibly blessed to have been saved by Christ. It doesn't give me authority on the prophetic level to claim "I am announcing, that I have come, just as scripture foretold"....which is sort of what you are doing.
The 144,000 prophets are all young virgin men. In fact, you could not be one of the young men because a) you are not a man and B) (which is literally parentheses B but it turned it to a smily face) statistically you're probably married, or were at one time.

As to the 'I have come' remark, I have come. The 144,000 have come. The Two Witnesses have come. The antichrist, who I will not capitalize has come and you know him and everyone here knows him.

Arnie asked a couple weeks ago, "I would be interested to hear your opinion on those verses." Do you know what? I gave him my opinion and now you're saying I was mistaken by not giving an absolute response. Don't ask for my opinion and I won't give you my opinion. And don't ask me one question if you're looking for the answer to another question. And don't aska loaded question like, "Did you stop beating your wife" because I am not married and if I was I wouldn't beat her! He asked my opinion and I gave him my opinion. That was the point of the thread, ask me a question about the Bible and I will try to answer. To try, that doesn't mean it will be perfect, and that may mean I offer an opinion. Not all of us Bible characters will have all the answers to everything like is romantically thought. If that was true instead of having 70 authors to scripture we may have needed only five.

------------------------------------------------------

Look at OP point B. If God has given you a revelation into something that's a very good question ask about. This should give you an indication if the LORD has spoken to me or not because if He showed you one thing but He showed me something else, then that would disprove me, or would be sufficient for you to disprove me. No one did that though. Another thing you would do is say, "What is one thing I would put every last dime on a Bible character knowing the answer to?" and then ask me that. No one did that. So I was never disproved on my own merits. Instead, I just got handed a bunch of pre-made conclusions none of which had any merit.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Apocalypticist said:
The 144,000 prophets are all young virgin men. In fact, you could not be one of the young men because a) you are not a man and B) (which is literally parentheses B but it turned it to a smily face) statistically you're probably married, or were at one time.
No....actually that is a symbolic representation for spiritual purity. If there was a prerequisite to be both male and virginal to achieve spiritual superiority, then you would also wonder why God told us to "be fruitful and mulitply" as well as children "being a blessing". There is no biblical support to suggest that the 144,000 must literally be male and virgins....especially when pretty much the entire book is heavy with symbolism.

As to the 'I have come' remark, I have come. The 144,000 have come. The Two Witnesses have come. The antichrist, who I will not capitalize has come and you know him and everyone here knows him.
MmmHmmm. You're still not going to actually say who you think you are, though, are you. You must see that your refusal to do so invalidates all your efforts thus far.
I also wonder, if the end is so 'revved' up, why 99% of Christians are unaware of it. You may hold to the notion that it's all because only that 1% are going to be truly saved, but again, the bible discredits that notion. Jesus died for me, he has redeemed me and given me the promised Holy Spirit to seal my guaranteed salvation. Unless you propse to call scripture and God liars (which I note you have not!) then I too will see Christ in heaven. So....it does make me wonder why the Holy Spirit would not make me, and millions of other Christians, aware that the end was on our doorstep.
Unless you care to explain in greater detail??

Arnie asked a couple weeks ago, "I would be interested to hear your opinion on those verses." Do you know what? I gave him my opinion and now you're saying I was mistaken by not giving an absolute response. Don't ask for my opinion and I won't give you my opinion. And don't ask me one question if you're looking for the answer to another question. And don't aska loaded question like, "Did you stop beating your wife" because I am not married and if I was I wouldn't beat her! He asked my opinion and I gave him my opinion. That was the point of the thread, ask me a question about the Bible and I will try to answer. To try, that doesn't mean it will be perfect, and that may mean I offer an opinion. Not all of us Bible characters will have all the answers to everything like is romantically thought. If that was true instead of having 70 authors to scripture we may have needed only five.
I think we have a misunderstanding. To me, you seem to be saying "I am....." but then not saying what you are. You, apparently see me saying....well, what you said above.
What I am saying is fairly simple. If you claim to be a 'Character' then you need to say who and provide biblical evidence to support that claim.....and that is nothing less that how a Christian is supposed to respond to such claims....unless you would have us jumping at every claim??

My other point has basically been that I cannot see, biblically, how you can be anyone in Revelation, as everyone who seems to come onto the scene are world central figures that will be seen and know almost instantly (by Christians, anyway).

Again, if you want to clear this up, you need to make plain who it is you are claiming to be, and provide biblical proof. After all, that's exactly what Jesus did.....he had biblical proof for who he was claiming to be....he filled all the prophecys. If God's own Son did that, why on earth would I ask for or expect less from a person??

------------------------------------------------------

Look at OP point B. If God has given you a revelation into something that's a very good question ask about. This should give you an indication if the LORD has spoken to me or not because if He showed you one thing but He showed me something else, then that would disprove me, or would be sufficient for you to disprove me. No one did that though. Another thing you would do is say, "What is one thing I would put every last dime on a Bible character knowing the answer to?" and then ask me that. No one did that. So I was never disproved on my own merits. Instead, I just got handed a bunch of pre-made conclusions none of which had any merit.
So....I need to know the exact question to ask you to be able to prove, or disprove you?

Seriously....and I'm speaking as a board moderator now.....present your claim and back it up biblically, or we will have no choice but to ban you as a false prophet.....and I don't want to have to do that. But I'm sure you understand that as we hold to scripture and God's truth, we cannot allow what we see as deceitful claims go where they could be leading others astray.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Apocalypticist said:
Apocalypticist, you have jumped the shark with that above-quoted statement of yours.

Clearly, you are claiming to have an extra-biblical revelation.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
Apocalypticist said:
Yes I do. Do you mean to tell me I have to go make an hour long presentation or you will not be satisfied? Or maybe you want me to type several thousand words neither of which I'm going to do. But I will explain the woman...
I only mean to ask you to elaborate a little further. Why do you believe Brother Peter's analysis of the Apocalypse is wrong? If you have a more plausible explanation, like you said you did, then what is it?

I fi was mistaken on the europa-woman connection I apologize but I did watch about 80 percent of the video and tried to make mental notes the best I could. I doubt if anyone else would have watched it after finding it was over 60 minutes long.
I'm glad you took the time to watch it. I wish others would make time to watch it too.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Rach, Paul said suffer not a woman to teach. You're the exact reason why and you're thinking fr too emotionally to have a sincere discussion. And you have essentially hijacked this entire thread with your shenanigans. You have insulted the 144,000 and you have no biblical support for that. I'm going to start ignoring your messages from this point on.

Dodo_David said:
Apocalypticist, you have jumped the shark with that above-quoted statement of yours.

Clearly, you are claiming to have an extra-biblical revelation.
Paul referred to the time when the son of perdition would be revealed. Why do you call it extrabiblical for me to say the son of perdition has been revealed to me, according to the scriptures?

Rach said:
No....actually that is a symbolic representation for spiritual purity. If there was a prerequisite to be both male and virginal to achieve spiritual superiority, then you would also wonder why God told us to "be fruitful and mulitply" as well as children "being a blessing". There is no biblical support to suggest that the 144,000 must literally be male and virgins....especially when pretty much the entire book is heavy with symbolism.
But I will say this much. You said there is 'no biblical support'. That is a bold faced lie. The Bible says 'These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins'. Therefore, it is to be concluded that they are virgin men who have not had sexual relations with a woman. It says right there.

In fact, rather than my case having no biblical support, it is your case which has NO biblical support.

How does it feel getting shot down.

-------------------------

This is over an hour after I posted and I'm reediting my post to say this:

Look at that again:

"There is no biblical support to suggest that... 144,000 must literally be... virgins"

It says right here: "For they are virgins" in Revelation.

How do you say there 'is no biblical support'? I'm sorry but that just takes the cake. The support is right there in Revelation 14.

And I'm reading it exactly as it reads. You're the one who's twisting it. Revelation 22:18 warns about adding to the words of Revelation. You should know better Rach. You can sit here and insult me all day long and then threaten to ban me for defending myself if that's how seriously you take your 'moderating' position, to insult the members of this site. But to sit here and say my belief is unfounded, moderate yourself is what you should do.

Elizabeth said:
I only mean to ask you to elaborate a little further. Why do you believe Brother Peter's analysis of the Apocalypse is wrong? If you have a more plausible explanation, like you said you did, then what is it?

I'm glad you took the time to watch it. I wish others would make time to watch it too.

I already posted what I felt is reasonable to post. I did a run down of Revelation 12 whether that suits you or not. I'm not going to run down the whole book like your friend did. What I will do if you have a specific provision of the book you would like me to discuss then I'm happy to do that. I can't vouch for saying that I know the book through and through but I know it better than most.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Apocalypticist said:
How age = being more intelligent I've never understood. How many of you older Americans have ever seen a doctor who hadn't been out of medical school any more than four or five years? I bet you have, if you've seen different doctors over the years.

Your point is prejudicial and is typical trash from a baby boomer, by my guess.
Translation in this case: Maybe you ought to be wiser or better equipped, but again, it ought to be doesn't guarantee it is.

On n the contrary, I recalled a Jesus drawing a line in the said He who is without sin may cast the first stone... And that after these words, each man stepped away and dropped the stones he had gathered, starting with the oldest first. In that sense, if anyone should be throwing stones here it should be me, because in this parable it would suggest I have less sin than other of you here.
Taking the above topics one by one:

I have worked as a nurse for many years and have taken part in helping young doctors learn their trade. More than once I have had to tell a young doctor he had overlooked something that would change his diagnosis and course of treatment. Medicine is a team sport, we all look out for each other. It is the same with learning to live as a follower of Christ and is why we are encouraged to assemble together to be a source of learning and support to each other whether age 7 or 70 or beyond.

Continuing in the doctor analogy, I was not referring to what you were prescribing, but to your "bedside manner". I was merely saying you should be polite and tactful. Your posts thus far do not show those traits. Remember, Jesus said it was the meek, not the overbearing who would inherit the earth. It will help people to be more open to your ideas when you do not turn them off by blasting them with your manner.

So, not only are you "wiser than thou" you also set yourself up as "holier than thou"?

That is the end of my response to your post. Next, I do have a question for you but not directly from scripture. I knew a man a few years back in Idaho who had "sat at the feet" of a man (I think in Arizona) who was teaching about God calling together the 144,000 from all across the earth. Each would be a teacher gathering around him/her a group of people willing to learn and not to be caught up in the Great Deception of the End Times. The ones teaching received special visions and insights into scripture. Are you claiming to be another one of these "teachers"?

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
day said:
Taking the above topics one by one:

I have worked as a nurse for many years and have taken part in helping young doctors learn their trade. More than once I have had to tell a young doctor he had overlooked something that would change his diagnosis and course of treatment. Medicine is a team sport, we all look out for each other. It is the same with learning to live as a follower of Christ and is why we are encouraged to assemble together to be a source of learning and support to each other whether age 7 or 70 or beyond.

Continuing in the doctor analogy, I was not referring to what you were prescribing, but to your "bedside manner". I was merely saying you should be polite and tactful. Your posts thus far do not show those traits. Remember, Jesus said it was the meek, not the overbearing who would inherit the earth. It will help people to be more open to your ideas when you do not turn them off by blasting them with your manner.

So, not only are you "wiser than thou" you also set yourself up as "holier than thou"?

That is the end of my response to your post. Next, I do have a question for you but not directly from scripture. I knew a man a few years back in Idaho who had "sat at the feet" of a man (I think in Arizona) who was teaching about God calling together the 144,000 from all across the earth. Each would be a teacher gathering around him/her a group of people willing to learn and not to be caught up in the Great Deception of the End Times. The ones teaching received special visions and insights into scripture. Are you claiming to be another one of these "teachers"?
My original posts in the thread said only I wanted to offer a perspective to things, not to force anyone to accept what I said but just for a different take. I think you're forgetting that part. And I said if you don't like my answers that's fine, I'm not demanding anyone accept anything I say with any more than a grin of salt. But no one asked me any questions accept Dodo and Arnie.

Yes. But I'm not looking for anyone to 'follow' me or anything. I'm just here to be of service and nothing more. And I'm looking for those who do have followers to do what is expected of them and not abuse their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.