To Mazhar concerning the "perfection" of the Qur'an

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
If you believe the Qur'an is perfect, Mazhar, why do you come here? Do you wish you win over converts, or are you here only for answers for serious questions. If you want the first, then you have come to the wrong place and if you read the sticky note at the top of this forum, you'll find the following quote: "If you've come to this forum because you desire to "enlighten" us Christians, you're merely wasting your time." (Denver) The link is here: http://www.christianityboard.com/notice-al...ians-t2556.html However, if you are looking for answers, please continue. Now for the main topic:The Qur'an is far from perfect. A good example of why it is could be found here:http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htmYou'll see on the right hand side a list of collections from your Holy Book. Among them, I wish to point you to "Contradictions". There, you'll find a side by side analysis of the Qur'an where in one place, you'll find one "fact" and in another, you'll find another "fact" contradicting the first. My favorite contradiction is the "What was man created from?"And of course, if there is at least one contradiction, "perfection" can't be an adjective used to explain the Qur'an.What do you have to say to this?

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Are you kidding me? They are not contradictions. They are talking illgically and out of context completely. I read one or two links as I am not afraid of reading it becuase I now it is word of God. I read it and I find those points illogical and out of context.What was man created from? The answer is below:If I ask you what are the ingredients to make tea? You will say: water, tea, sugar and milk. Now I may say there is a contradiction, either tea, either sugar, either water or either, milk.But that’s not the case, so here is not the contradiction but contradistinction. It means that everything is needed to make tea. Water is needed, milk is needed, tea is need and sugar is needed to make the tea.Similarly, God created man with water also, with dust, and etc. And science also says that.By the way that site shows 397 contradictions in Bible and 25 contradictions (which are not contradictions in real) in Quran.

VISIONARY

Mar 24, 2008
I think too, it saying the Reserection was a fake "similitude" thing, as if they would know 700 years later, and that Jesus is not God, repeated hundreds of times, but said he was, and then go on to say that Jesus is a good prophet and teacher and well thought of by God, wow, that is really a contradiction.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
To Mazhar,(Mazhar;42358)
Are you kidding me? They are not contradictions. They are talking illgically and out of context completely. I read one or two links as I am not afraid of reading it becuase I now it is word of God. I read it and I find those points illogical and out of context.
I'm not kidding you, and they are not taken out of context. In fact, to ensure such, they provide a link to the very place where it was taken from. In fact, with the following link,http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/contra/merciful.htmlon the left, it is clearly stating that Allah is merciful. On the right, especially 4:168-9, it clearly states he will never forgive! How can this be taken out of context? Either he is merciful and forgives, or he is not. One or the other. And because you must choose between the two contradictions, it is not perfect.(Mazhar;42358)
What was man created from? The answer is below:If I ask you what are the ingredients to make tea? You will say: water, tea, sugar and milk. Now I may say there is a contradiction, either tea, either sugar, either water or either, milk.
Don't put words in my mouth. In order to make tea, you need tea leaves, water, and heat. I know of no other way in order to make tea. if you subtract one of those, you won't have tea, you will only have a component to make tea, which is what I think you were trying to imply.If you are going for that argument, it has little to do with the Qu'ran. In one place, it states that man is made of dust...period. On the other, it states man is created from water...period.Tea is made from, as stated above, tea leaves, water, heat. If I was to stay tea was made from water (...period), would I be right? No, of course not, because it is made from more than just one component.(Mazhar;42358)
But that’s not the case, so here is not the contradiction but contradistinction. It means that everything is needed to make tea. Water is needed, milk is needed, tea is need and sugar is needed to make the tea.
Yes that is the case. It doesn't say man is made from water and other ingredients, it says that man is made from water...period. You are attaching unsaid things onto the verses in order for it to make sense when it clearly contradicts itself. (Mazhar;42358)
Similarly, God created man with water also, with dust, and etc. And science also says that.
False! We are not made of dust. We are made of organic compounds. If you break those down, we are made of elements like oxygen and hydrogen and calcium and iron. Nowhere does science say that we are made of "dust" as dust is distinctly different from what we are made from.(Mazhar;42358)
By the way that site shows 397 contradictions in Bible and 25 contradictions (which are not contradictions in real) in Quran.
So what are you trying to say here? That the Bible is "more" contradicting than the Qur'an? It doesn't matter if the sky is light blue or dark blue, it's still blue. It doesn't matter if the Qur'an has 1 contradiction or 25, it still contradicts, and is therefore imperfect.Also, I noticed your attempt to bring the conversation away from the Qur'an and over to the Bible. This thread isn't about the Bible, it's about the Qur'an. You can't defend that Holy Book by saying another is wrong. Please keep it on subject about the Qur'an.To VISIONARY,(VISIONARY;42359)
I think too, it saying the Reserection was a fake "similitude" thing, as if they would know 700 years later, and that Jesus is not God, repeated hundreds of times, but said he was, and then go on to say that Jesus is a good prophet and teacher and well thought of by God, wow, that is really a contradiction.
Was this toward me? If not, and if you're talking about the Bible, can we not discuss it please? This thread is in regard to the Qur'an, not the Bible. I've just told Mazhar about that and so you don't have to worry about what he says about the Bible in this thread. However, if you were talking to me, can you please rephrase that? I don't understand what you said.

VISIONARY

Mar 24, 2008
Rem, of course it is the koran, the 700 year thing ought to give that away, and you never heard of the similitude thing? The koran says the jesus on the cross thing was faked, that he did not die, etc. I just assumed you knew a lot about the Koran. That is actually the whole message of the thing, that Jesus was just another man. He is jeeringly referred to as "Jesus, son of Mary" as to mean he was not the son of God, many times in koran. No, I have no such issues with the bible, as long as the translating is accurate I have found no such contradicting issues in it.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(VISIONARY;42371)
Rem, of course it is the koran, the 700 year thing ought to give that away, and you never heard of the similitude thing? The koran says the jesus on the cross thing was faked, that he did not die, etc. I just assumed you knew a lot about the Koran. That is actually the whole message of the thing, that Jesus was just another man. He is jeeringly referred to as "Jesus, son of Mary" as to mean he was not the son of God, many times in koran. No, I have no such issues with the bible, as long as the translating is accurate I have found no such contradicting issues in it.
I was aware that they said it was faked (along with many other things), but I never know of it by name. Interesting, I think, what they are willing to do to cover up the holes.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Mazhar;42358)
Are you kidding me? They are not contradictions. They are talking illgically and out of context completely. I read one or two links as I am not afraid of reading it becuase I now it is word of God. I read it and I find those points illogical and out of context.What was man created from? The answer is below:If I ask you what are the ingredients to make tea? You will say: water, tea, sugar and milk. Now I may say there is a contradiction, either tea, either sugar, either water or either, milk.But that’s not the case, so here is not the contradiction but contradistinction. It means that everything is needed to make tea. Water is needed, milk is needed, tea is need and sugar is needed to make the tea.Similarly, God created man with water also, with dust, and etc. And science also says that.By the way that site shows 397 contradictions in Bible and 25 contradictions (which are not contradictions in real) in Quran.
MazharI will remind you this is a Christain site you can ask questions you can answer questions you can not come here and preach your faith Nor push your Muslim propaganda against the Holy Word of God

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Hey Remagoen,I do not agree with you. I say that they are quoting out of context. I am being restricted to say about Islam hee as I came here to know about christianity so I am not alowed to answer you. Ther is no and can not be any cotradiction in Quran.And by the way why do not you answer my questions in that thread.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Mazhar;42545)
Hey Remagoen,I do not agree with you. I say that they are quoting out of context. I am being restricted to say about Islam hee as I came here to know about christianity so I am not alowed to answer you. Ther is no and can not be any cotradiction in Quran.And by the way why do not you answer my questions in that thread.
They are not taken out of context. Clearly, the Qur'an is saying Allah is not all merciful, and clearly the Qur'an is saying man is made of several different things without stating them at the same time. You can answer my questions if you think I'm wrong.Why do you seem fit to accept the 397 Bible contradictions as such by the very same site that says the Qur'an has 25? You are cherry picking, picking with parts of the Qur'an and the website you want to believe. Either you accept all of it, or none of it.What questions are you referring to? In your reply to me, I didn't see any, only a bunch of quotes from the inconsistent Qur'an. Could you please tell me which post number you are referring to? Or could you repost them here?