Tornado Outbreaks & Severe Weather

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sitting here watching the lightning and reminded me of @TLHKAJ's thread here.

We're under flood/tornado watch right now in ND. I don't see a tornado happening, but I can see maybe the possibility of a flood.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

We're under flood/tornado watch right now in ND. I don't see a tornado happening, but I can see maybe the possibility of a flood.
@LadyofFireandLace Hope you guys managed to avoid the tornadoes.....We have them up here occasionally, but not as much as you guys....

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@LadyofFireandLace Hope you guys managed to avoid the tornadoes.....We have them up here occasionally, but not as much as you guys....
It was windy for a few days but there were no real tornadoes.

I had only been in one while I was in Washington State. They are completely rare there, almost unheard of. Woke up to a huge "Boom!" In the middle of the night and next day found out we had a tornado.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I had only been in one while I was in Washington State. They are completely rare there, almost unheard of. Woke up to a huge "Boom!" In the middle of the night and next day found out we had a tornado.
@LadyofFireandLace Glad you managed to miss the really big twisters......

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The desert grows this year my friends . The drought is the worst i have seen it . And worse we got even higher temps on the way .
Their are some ugly temps a coming . The good news is , PRAISE JESUS , cause if i think this place is hot
a lake of fire is far hotter and lasts far longer . THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT IN CHRIST .
Now hands up , cause its LORD praising time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only flood we have down here in west texas is a flood of SUN and WINDS of dust . With temps a climbing too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all those Snowbirds retiring to the Florida coast, there is all the sun, but also the tornadoes to think about.....
Well if anyone is moving here , i call them sand birds . Cause even the dust cringes at this heat .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The desert grows this year my friends . The drought is the worst i have seen it . And worse we got even higher temps on the way .
Their are some ugly temps a coming . The good news is , PRAISE JESUS , cause if i think this place is hot
a lake of fire is far hotter and lasts far longer . THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT IN CHRIST .
Now hands up , cause its LORD praising time .
I'm planning on starting a mini green house in my walk-in pantry. Precisely because produce is so, so terrible here, but also so expensive! And we're so far out, the nearest Walmart is an hour away.

And looking at one of these!

Probably not a bad idea for other people to look into similar things.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However in the lake of fire even SAND melts . SO , no need to complain . JUST LET THE GLORIOUS LORD be PRAISED
for ALL that HE has done . My advice is Those who denied him better fast undeny HIM , or they will cringe severly at their end .
There is nothing hotter than a lake of fire .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm planning on starting a mini green house in my walk-in pantry. Precisely because produce is so, so terrible here, but also so expensive! And we're so far out, the nearest Walmart is an hour away.

Plant those veggies dear sister . Grow them and let us eat as the LORD made it . cause i suspect times will get only worse
and worse in this world .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes very rare. This last year we had a tornado warning north of me. But no tornado reported.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes indeed plant away dear sister .

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes very rare. This last year we had a tornado warning north of me. But no tornado reported.
Another one of my stories: This was many years ago at my previous company. We had a couple Microcoders from Taiwan doing some work for us when they announced a tornado warning over the P.A. - stay indoors, get to an interior room away from any windows. Then we heard the unmistakable "freight train" sound... The Taiwanese ladies wanted to know what was going on. They don't get tornadoes in Taiwan, though they do get typhoons. We happened to have some DVDs in the lab (for test purposes), so I put on Twister for them to explain what was happening.

They were NOT reassured.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another one of my stories: This was many years ago at my previous company. We had a couple Microcoders from Taiwan doing some work for us when they announced a tornado warning over the P.A. - stay indoors, get to an interior room away from any windows. Then we heard the unmistakable "freight train" sound... The Taiwanese ladies wanted to know what was going on. They don't get tornadoes in Taiwan, though they do get typhoons. We happened to have some DVDs in the lab (for test purposes), so I put on Twister for them to explain what was happening.

They were NOT reassured.
Yes twister would not be reassuring. :eek:

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

They were NOT reassured.
Not sure what the difference is between a tornado and a typhoon..... o_O