Total Obscurity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greats of history do good on a large scale and we remember their names. It's so like me to run ahead of God and want to do something big.

What if the Lord has called me to a quiet life? What if I died to my dreams to come alive to Christ in total obscurity?

What if my calling is to wipe counters to the glory of God and get no recognition? Is that okay with me if God is my only audience? If He is pleased, does anything else matter?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greats of history do good on a large scale and we remember their names. It's so like me to run ahead of God and want to do something big.

What if the Lord has called me to a quiet life? What if I died to my dreams to come alive to Christ in total obscurity?

What if my calling is to wipe counters to the glory of God and get no recognition? Is that okay with me if God is my only audience? If He is pleased, does anything else matter?
I find myself wondering the same thing. My life has not lead me into leadership. I did get to serve in church for a while and affect numerous people for a while. I even taught church lessons to classes. But these days I don't get out too much and just watch church online for now. Too much health problems.

I think if I got famous the media would tear my past apart and make a fool out of me for past sins. And I think God has forgiven me for that. But that's not how the news and media work really. So in my case, it would be a "be careful what you ask for".

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To:OP/Wynona
Good post/topic.
---
Sometimes..it takes time (years) to find out what your calling is.
---
You need to seek/discern..about your spiritual gift.
- mentioned in NT..gifts & ministries.
Continue to wait on the Lord..
- It will unfold/happen..with more clarity & detail..in His time.
- your calling & task/assignment.
---
Too much focus on...about well-known Christian leaders/ministries might not be helpful.
---
More of His guidance & discernment to you..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

As a relatively new Christian i used to wait for God to show me my 'ministry'. I used to pray and ask him to show me what he wanted me to do. I had my own ideas of what my 'ministry' would consist of but nothing ever came of those ideas even though I used to pray about them.

Eventually I came to understand that if God wasn't showing me anything then I must be right where he wanted me to be; just an ordinary woman doing ordinary things but supported and loved by an extraordinary God.

We can't all have 'front of house' ministries and we should be content with where He leads us and the work he gives us to do however humble and ordinary.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think you have stated something insightful Wynona. Man's pride in being the imagined mouthpiece for God disables his ears and he mostly becomes a pain in the a.se
I think it is noteworthy that Joseph needed to spend plenty of years incarcerated....even unjustly, to prepare him for rulership......or Moses; 40 yrs looking after sheep in the desert.
....yes, who is volunteering for those 'inconveniences' as a prerequisite for qualification?. We complain at a stomach ache or an ill fitting shoe!

Last edited:

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Which is better? The stone thrown into an ocean, or the tidal wave which eventually results from it? The tidal wave's effect maybe one direction and powerful. Yet the stone affects the water all around it, even if it seems like nothing compared to the tidal wave. I believe God uses everyone in different ways. You could be a world known preacher, or your life could be that of someone unknown, who was used to inspire many to become greater than you, as far as the world standing goes. Jesus told his disciples they would do works greater than he did. If we are trying to be like Jesus, then others in our lives will appear greater. But its all for God's glory. However, in God's sight, we are doing much, even if its just wiping counters. Someone may be observing, and God will use that task of yours, to speak to them. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, that is all that matters.

I have no idea about my real usefulness, or how much God will still have to change me before I become truly fruitful in the way He wants. So I have to trust that He knows best, and I can rest in His loving care.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find myself wondering the same thing. My life has not lead me into leadership. I did get to serve in church for a while and affect numerous people for a while. I even taught church lessons to classes. But these days I don't get out too much and just watch church online for now. Too much health problems.

I think if I got famous the media would tear my past apart and make a fool out of me for past sins. And I think God has forgiven me for that. But that's not how the news and media work really. So in my case, it would be a "be careful what you ask for".
I've noticed that many of the elders of the church whom I've seen to be deeply spiritual began early. Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel was raised in a real Christian home. He made his own decision to follow Christ when he was 12. He never ever drank alcohol in all is life. He never used drugs, even eschewing aspirin! He grew up without a lot of the incidental emotional and mental and physical damage many of us suffer.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed that many of the elders of the church whom I've seen to be deeply spiritual began early. Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel was raised in a real Christian home. He made his own decision to follow Christ when he was 12. He never ever drank alcohol in all is life. He never used drugs, even eschewing aspirin! He grew up without a lot of the incidental emotional and mental and physical damage many of us suffer.

Much love!
Yall would not wanted to have known me . CAUSE rest assured i was not brought up like that . THis man was EVIL and i mean wicked evil .
Please allow me a moment to praise and THANK GOD for HIS LIFE SAVING AND LIFE CHANGING Grace .
I was the worst of many of the worst . IT does show that IF even GOD desired not my death
but rather led me to true repentance toward GOD , toward Christ and away from those wicked sins i so once loved .
THAT HE TRULY DOES not desire the death of the wicked but rather they would repent and BELIEVE . AND THAT is A FACT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pual once wrote that JESUS came into the world to save sinners of whom i am chief ,
but had he been given a glance into the future and seen me , HE still would have said the same
but he might have said also , Oh that man too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let all that has breath praise and thank GOD for the life saving and life changing GRACE that has been given us IN CHRIST .
Wynona , dance a jig of praise around the house and mark and lamb yall just sing to the glorious LORD .
Our dear sister in the UK sure will be as well . Cause tis LORD PRAISING TIME my friends .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A meek and quiet spirit . Does that sound familiar . Go read what paul once wrote about the women believers .
That is mentioned . A meek and quiet spirit . YOU BEING LED in the right direction sister .
Not in the direction of broidered hair and gold and costly array , as i see you shop the thrift shops too .
BUT into women professing true godliness , with good works . Yeah .
Let no feminist movment ever attack you for doing what is godly and holy in the site of GOD .
You just march on in those trenches dear sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dorcas made simple coats . GOD aint calling us in any direction that puts the focus on SELF but rather
the direction that puts all worship on the SON and the FATHER .
We wont be going down as being seen good to this world sister . BUT at least when JESUS COMES or when we die
WE GO UP and not down under wrath . PONDER on the beauty of holiness . Yeah ponder on the hope we have in the LORD .
And believe you me , when folks see how joyful , peaceful and happy you are , and content , THEY GONNA Ask you why you have such
hope , peace , joy and are content and why you are not afraid of the hard times and the times that are coming upon the world .
CAUSE OUR HOPE AINT IN THIS WORLD , ITS IN JESUS CHRIST . NOW DANCE A JIG O PRAISE TO THE LORD . YES INDEED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

most folks have no true idea what LEADERSHIP is truly all about .
Its about doing all to protect and keep the church safe from all false doctrines of men and correcting any brethren that does err .
Nor is it about us BEING EXALTED TO LORD ANYTHING OVER ANYONE .
ITS all about being lowly and true servant that does all to look out for the welfare of the peoples .
Most folks just like the praise of men and titles and looking good and being popular . JUST LIKE THE WORLD .
But i say we learn JESUS .
Cause the last time i checked JESUS didnt ride in a golden chariot with rings of gold and fancy clothes
as his own walked . JESUS Didnt come to be served but rather to serve and to give his life a ransom for many .
I think any good leader of any church SURE WOULDNT be trying to live BETTER OFF than even its own memembers .
JESUS DIDNT . HE was as one of them and yet WE KNOW WHO HE IS .......................IF HE came to wear a crown of thorns
and even washed the feet of his own . I SUGGEST LEADERS START GETTING THAT JESUS FIRMLY PLANTED IN THEIR OWN HEADS .
IF JESUS Didnt have men come before him and kiss his ring , THEN i suggest leaders who do such a thing , WELL
they need to step on down TILL THEY LEARN the TRUE HUMILITY .
NOW this dont mean leaders dont correct and do so sharply at times . CAUSE JESUS DID and so did the aposetls .
IT does mean , however , if we are looking for leadership for titles and praise of men and to be seen ,
WE IN DIRE TROUBLE . and will make WICKED examples of leaders . Just something to truly ponder on . Too many leaders
join the leadership cause its an easy way to look good , make money and get praise . THEY DONT BELONG IN LEADERSHIP .
THEY should have long well learned those bibles and that JESUS and those aposetls well , BEFORE THEY EVEN GOT PUT into such a posistion
themselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what paul once said , FOR the children ought not to lay up for the parents but rather the parents for the children .
I SEEK YOU , NOT YOURS . a lot of preaches could learn a lot from just that ONE LINE . cause i see me many wolves
get very rich off the backs of those they should have been protecting and looking out for , but instead were busy fleecing for money .
THIS is evil .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a true leader can live off the gospel , but there is a big difference to simply living off it
as opposed to fleecing the folks and heaping and steeping .
And as i said there is only so much one needs . HIS main concern ought not to even be on himself
but rather on the welfare of the flock He was entrusted to care for .
FEED my sheep . dont mean FEED YASELVES OFF the flocks . Our main concern , above even our own self
should have been for others , even above ourselves . JESUS DID . as did the apostels .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A meek and quiet spirit . Does that sound familiar . Go read what paul once wrote about the women believers .
That is mentioned . A meek and quiet spirit . YOU BEING LED in the right direction sister .
Not in the direction of broidered hair and gold and costly array , as i see you shop the thrift shops too .
BUT into women professing true godliness , with good works . Yeah .
Let no feminist movment ever attack you for doing what is godly and holy in the site of GOD .
You just march on in those trenches dear sister .
Thanks Frienduff! You are loved, Brother!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Frienduff! You are loved, Brother!!
You are loved dear sister . Now hit those trenches and stay well planted in the Bible .
They say the bible is the number one best sellling book , but it sure dont seem like it is the most read and loved book .
BUT IT IS TO THE LAMBS . Now march on in the LORD dear sister .

Reactions: Wynona