Tracking the James Webb Telescope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James Webb 4/16/22 alignment image...
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/...ignment-milestone-optics-working-successfully
telescope_alignment_evaluation_image_labeled.png
Super image. Love the galaxies in the image. God has made all of this. He is almighty powerful.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much to study off that first image! NASA's James Webb Space Telescope Capture Big Black Hole with Galaxy in Space

Reactions: dev553344

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my "telescope", it's only a small night-vision Hawke monocular which I bought for £200 mainly for scanning around spooky Dartmoor in the dead of night-

hawke1.jpg

and here's a shot I took with it of the 3 stars in Orion's belt, not exactly Hubble quality..:)
hawke-orion.jpg

And this is Plymouth lighthouse at night, a nice thing about this brand of monocular is that it sees colour-
shtf-hawke-smeaton.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PS- even ordinary tiny digital cameras are good "telescopes", here's a pic I took of the moon with mine at 10x zoom, but I've further enhanced it by downloading it to my computer and enlarging it from there with an imaging programme, and adjusted the contrast and sharpness etc..:)
(I've also been searching for Saturn to photograph its dramatic rings and Jupiter with its pretty candy stripes, but can't seem to locate the planets, maybe there's too much light pollution)

LU-moon-vidstill-AF-blacksky-minim-bright-comp-enhancd499.jpg

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
PS- even ordinary tiny digital cameras are good "telescopes", here's a pic I took of the moon with mine at 10x zoom, but I've further enhanced it by downloading it to my computer and enlarging it from there with an imaging programme, and adjusted the contrast and sharpness etc..:)
(I've also been searching for Saturn to photograph its dramatic rings and Jupiter with its pretty candy stripes, but can't seem to locate the planets, maybe there's too much light pollution)

View attachment 24228

I’ve downloaded a free app called Sky View Lite on a couple of devices that I own. You might consider getting it. It’s very easy to use and helpful in locating stars and planets. All you do is point the device you have it downloaded on at the sky. Day or night. It identifies on the screen what you’re pointing your device to. You don’t even need to be outside to do it … but of course you won’t be able to actually see whatever your pointing at in the sky unless you go outside.

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, can anybody give me a link to a webcam that's actually out in space fixed to a satellite?
There used to be one in geostationary orbit a few years ago looking vertically downwards at the earth in real time and we could see cloud patterns and weather systems, but I lost the link (sniffle)

Last edited: