James Webb telescope confirms there is something seriously wrong with our understanding of the universe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Video:

bYkzgveBrvAbbRR2dCAGNR-650-80.jpg

Illustration of the expansion of the Universe.
(Image credit: Mark Garlick/Science Photo Library via Getty Images)

3/14/24​

Astronomers have used the James Webb and Hubble space telescopes to confirm one of the most troubling conundrums in all of physics — that the universe appears to be expanding at bafflingly different speeds depending on where we look.

This problem, known as the Hubble Tension, has the potential to alter or even upend cosmology altogether. In 2019, measurements by the Hubble Space Telescope confirmed the puzzle was real; in 2023, even more precise measurements from the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) cemented the discrepancy.

Now, a triple-check by both telescopes working together appears to have put the possibility of any measurement error to bed for good. The study, published February 6 in the Astrophysical Journal Letters, suggests that there may be something seriously wrong with our understanding of the universe.

More at link:

I don't know why they're surprised. It's all theory for the most part.

Reactions: O'Darby

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What could be wrong? They're making LOTS of money!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, its really obvious that there is something wrong with any SCIENCE that denies that God created the Cosmos.

"well behold can you prove that God created it".

Well, proof has to be accepted....= believed.

Like this one..

"""" Through faith we understand that the WORLDS were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.""

And this one..,.

"" Jesus was in the world, and the WORLD was made by him, and the world knew him not.""""

Science does not believe that... whereas God does believe it, and THEY should know.

"God said.. . LET US...... make man....in OUR image" = THEY

Jesus said.."when you've seen ME, you've seen the FATHER".

Jesus said....>"I and my Father, are ONE".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Video:

bYkzgveBrvAbbRR2dCAGNR-650-80.jpg

Illustration of the expansion of the Universe.
(Image credit: Mark Garlick/Science Photo Library via Getty Images)

3/14/24​

Astronomers have used the James Webb and Hubble space telescopes to confirm one of the most troubling conundrums in all of physics — that the universe appears to be expanding at bafflingly different speeds depending on where we look.

This problem, known as the Hubble Tension, has the potential to alter or even upend cosmology altogether. In 2019, measurements by the Hubble Space Telescope confirmed the puzzle was real; in 2023, even more precise measurements from the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) cemented the discrepancy.

Now, a triple-check by both telescopes working together appears to have put the possibility of any measurement error to bed for good. The study, published February 6 in the Astrophysical Journal Letters, suggests that there may be something seriously wrong with our understanding of the universe.

More at link:

I don't know why they're surprised. It's all theory for the most part.
You are correct in that it is all theory and formulae. It is error because its foundation is an evolutionary cosmology which in itself is false.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes you wonder just how big and powerful our God must be.
Immense.:)
We know things change over time. When God made all things, he made them to change too, as has been found in the fossil and other records.

Just because Science may extract God from the equation doesn't mean God is therefore no longer in the equation.

God made Evolutionists too. :D

Reactions: pompadour

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GREAT video and articles, which I'm betting pretty much no one who comments on them will actually watch or read. True Believers don't need that "science stuff."

It's mind-boggling when you think about it: We really have no idea as to the size of the universe - all we can observe is what has reached us at the speed of light and speculate from that.

The "crisis" referred to in the articles reminds me of the "crisis" in evolutionary theory that even Darwinists acknowledge. Such crises, far from embarrassing science, are actually it's badge of honor. Unlike True Believers, True Science goes where the best evidence and thinking lead.

My favorite quote about the universe is still the 1930 one by English astronomer and physicist James Jean: "The more we learn, the Universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter... we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike True Believers, True Science goes where the best evidence and thinking lead.
"True Science" goes where the evidence leads? There you go again, putting things in quotes again an now abuse of capitalization. "True science" as opposed to regular science? Do you have any idea how often so-called "Science" is wrong?
  1. The Earth is flat.
  2. The Earth is the center of the solar system.
  3. Moons and stars are perfect.
  4. Moons are wandering planets.
  5. Pluto is a planet.
  6. Thinning ozone.
  7. DDT.
  8. Global Warming. 97% of predictions wrong.
  9. Flouride in water.
  10. Doctors recomending cocaine, heroine, tobacco. COVID:
  11. Wearing masks, social distance, "vaccine" that is no such thing but supposedly reduces severity of illness while spiking myocarditis.
  12. Food pyramid. Bread should NOT be foundation of diet. Reducing fat in diet led to spike in obesity.
  13. Uranium is safe enough to put into cosmetics.
  14. Carbon dating accuracy.
  15. The age of the Earth.
  16. speed & nature of light
  17. alchemy
  18. Claims that there will never be heavier than air flying machines.
  19. Predictions of running out of oil.
  20. Giving infants alcohol is healthy for them.
Obviously, True Believers are in the field of "True Science" as well.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Christian?
I'm an O'Darbyite. We're our own little sect, and we like it that way.

Define "Christian" and then we'll talk - about why you think you get to define the term.
"True Science" goes where the evidence leads? There you go again, putting things in quotes again an now abuse of capitalization. "True science" as opposed to regular science? Do you have any idea how often so-called "Science" is wrong?
No, True Science as opposed to Scientism. (Are the capitals feeling abused? If so, I apologize to the entire alphabet and will try to do better next time.) You might read Thomas Kuhn's classic The Structure of Scientific Revolutions or Alvin Plantinga's Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion and Naturalism if you actually have any interest. True Science (sorry, Mr. T and Mr. S) follows the evidence where it leads. Scientism is wedded to one paradigm and refuses to advance.

Your list of all the times science has been wrong merely underscores precisely the point I was making: True Science goes where the best evidence and thinking lead. I happen to believe this was precisely God's plan when He blessed us with minds and senses capable of investigating and analyzing a creation that operates in accordance with laws and principles susceptible to our investigation and analysis.

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God" - I read that somewhere and have always sort of liked it.

True Believers is an admittedly derogatory term commonly used throughout all manner of weirdness communities to refer to those who latch on to pet beliefs and cling to them in the face of rationality, logic and all evidence to the contrary. In the Christian context, I would apply it to those who insist the creation is 6500 years old and similar nonsense. True Believer does not mean Faithful Christian or anything like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define "Christian" and then we'll talk - about why you think you get to define the term.
As I said, I speak English. The words I speak are already defined. Feel free to consult your favorite lexicon.

I've heard enough. Make a blessed day.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I speak English. The words I speak are already defined. Feel free to consult your favorite lexicon.

Apparently the three warring branches of Christendom and the tens of thousands of fussin' and feudin' denominations don't find the definition quite so lexicon-friendly as you.

What you mean, of course, is that you know a Christian when you see one because he either looks and sounds like a mirror image of you or falls somewhere on the spectrum of what you deem acceptable. See how that works?

Here in O'Darby Land, we trust God to decide who is a Christian. We don't ask people whose profiles identify them as Christians whether they are Christians.

Another one who, if you didn't exist, I'd have to invent you.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Voila, you have provided fodder for a blog entry! Award yourself a trophy.

Last edited:

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
From an evolutionary concept that is utterly wrong.

There is no evidence of new galaxies, biological evolution etc.etc.
There is Theistic Evolutionary theory.

I enjoy news regarding new astronomical discoveries.

The Vatican even has an observatory.
When the Heaven's Gate cult made news, the Vatican reported they found an object traveling in the comma of Hale Bopp.

The cult members had suicided, claiming they were going to be transported to a spaceship traveling within that comet.

Pretty wild coincidence.

God has created much more than we are able to fathom. I think the reason for much of this is because foremost in the ego centered human mind is the conviction as to what cannot be.
And God in God's divine wisdom allows it to be so for us. Yet, not for everyone.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Theistic Evolutionary theory.

I enjoy news regarding new astronomical discoveries.

The Vatican even has an observatory.
When the Heaven's Gate cult made news, the Vatican reported they found an object traveling in the comma of Hale Bopp.

The cult members had suicided, claiming they were going to be transported to a spaceship traveling within that comet.

Pretty wild coincidence.

God has created much more than we are able to fathom. I think the reason for much of this is because foremost in the ego centered human mind is the conviction as to what cannot be.
And God in God's divine wisdom allows it to be so for us. Yet, not for everyone.
Yes there is far more to Gods creation than we can fathom.

but theistic evolution is just another failed evolutionary theory that is destroyed by empirical science and the proven laws of science.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

but theistic evolution is just another failed evolutionary theory that is destroyed by empirical science and the proven laws of science.
Science encompasses evolutionary theory.
One cannot condemn evolution theory and defend science.

Reactions: Duck Muscles

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark

I of course disagree. Theistic Evolution is God guided change, evolution, of and within God's creation.

Reactions: Chains Broken