Transubstantiation. What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing.

I see, so now you get to define words in the English language to fit your twisted mindest?

religion​

: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

a(1)
: the service and worship of God or the supernatural

(2)
: commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

b
: the state of a religious

: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Definition of RELIGION

Your hatred and animosity to all those who LIVE the Faith is abominable..

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, so now you get to define words in the English language to fit your twisted mindest?

religion​

: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

a(1)
: the service and worship of God or the supernatural

(2)
: commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

b
: the state of a religious

: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Definition of RELIGION

Your hatred and animosity to all those who LIVE the Faith is abominable..
Catholicism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. There is only one faith and that is faith in Christ, plus nothing. Nowhere in the Bible are we called to have faith in a church or a religion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This fallacy can quickly be discounted if you look and ask yourself, did Jesus take His own flesh and blood and give it to the apostles?
Matthew 26:26-28
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

There are two possibilities
1. Jesus changed the bread and wine actually into his own flesh and blood.
2. Jesus was using metaphor to describe his death as the means of life for us.

Think about it...
John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
And,

John 6:63 KJV
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Much love!

Reactions: Robert Pate

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Transubstantiation"

Is a nonbiblical word....

Used to describe the traditions of men! A word made up... by men to fill in the lack of biblical proof to support their world view.

Nothing More or Less...
Paul

Reactions: Robert Pate

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To live the faith means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Living by faith in a church or a religion is not living by faith.
Nor is it trying to keep up with doing all the right things so you can keep yourself right with God.

Much love!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor is it trying to keep up with doing all the right things so you can keep yourself right with God.

Much love!
All that are in Christ are ALREADY right with God. Trying to keep yourself right with God by the deeds of the law (Religion) Romans 3:20, will lead to one's destruction.

• Love
Reactions: marks

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church. The church that evolved out of the Roman empire is not the same church that was in Jerusalem. There is no mention of a church in Rome. Why is that? The doctrine that Paul taught is anti-religion. It is not compatible with Catholicism. Why is that so? Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified" Romans 3:20. You don't believe Paul. Paul said, "You are complete in Christ" Colossians 2:10. Nothing about a church.
The word "Catholic" is certainly not in the Bible. Neither is the word Trinity and several other things Christians believe. But, there was one Church, and only one, that Jesus founded. Historically, this was the only Church for the first 1000 years of Christianity. Very early on, it was named "Catholic" which means "universal." Like when a baby is born. Sometimes, it isn't named for a day or two. Once it's named, the baby is still the same person, not someone different. The name doesn't change the baby.

History shows that the first group to separate from Christ's Church was the Orthodox, in 1054 A.D. (The Great Schism - see a good explanation of what happened then, here: Great Schism).

Protestantism, on the other hand, didn't start till way, way late in the game. The 16th century! And it has been continually separating into literally thousands of man-made, doctrinally contradicting and disagreeing denominations every since. That cannot possibly be the grounding for the fullness of truth that Christ gave us. The truth does not contradict itself. Christ was far wiser than to require each man, woman, and child to be his/her own Pope and reinvent the wheel with regard to the faith. So, He founded a (one) Church, with a hierarchy to lead it, and His promise to never teach doctrinal error. He left us a sure way to know His teachings. Who among you thinks you know better than Christ and can correct His teaching?

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. There is only one faith and that is faith in Christ, plus nothing. Nowhere in the Bible are we called to have faith in a church or a religion.
Robert, what you're really saying is that Catholicism is anti-"my personal interpretation of the Gospel" and anti-"my personal viewpoint of Christ." You aren't Christ, nor do you have Christ's authority to teach and preach. Authority is "given" not "taken." Unless you can trace your authority back through the bishops to the Apostles, you have none.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, what you're really saying is that Catholicism is anti-"my personal interpretation of the Gospel" and anti-"my personal viewpoint of Christ." You aren't Christ, nor do you have Christ's authority to teach and preach. Authority is "given" not "taken." Unless you can trace your authority back through the bishops to the Apostles, you have none.
The apostle Paul wrote, Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law (what you do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The Catholic church is not going to save you. We are saved by grace (God's goodness) through faith alone, Ephesians 2:8. It is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, what you're really saying is that Catholicism is anti-"my personal interpretation of the Gospel" and anti-"my personal viewpoint of Christ."
No, that's not what he's saying. Are you able to give an accurate restatement? Or is it that you don't want to?

You can counter, you can refute, but why twist his words? Why??

Much love!

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul wrote, Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law (what you do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The Catholic church is not going to save you. We are saved by grace (God's goodness) through faith alone, Ephesians 2:8. It is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone.
Robert, note that sometimes Paul expands his phrase from works by adding the phrase of the law, as in Romans 3:20 and 28 and Galatians 2:16. Further, sometimes Paul substitutes the phrase through the law to describe the same reality. For example, in Romans 3:20, he says, “Through the law comes knowledge of sin.” In other words, when Paul uses the word works he is talking about the Old Testament law. A careful reading of Galatians, for example, will show that Paul is using works of the law to refer especially to the law of circumcision. He is so strong about this that he says in Galatians 5:2, “Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.” Paul’s opponents in Galatia wanted to bring the Gentile Christians back into the Old Testament law. These are the works of the law that Paul is fighting against, and they have no place in our justification. Paul is saying in essence that Gentile Christians do not have to be circumcised and live like Jewish Christians in order to be saved.

The Catholic Church is the Body of Christ, as St. Paul says, and was founded by Christ to help us save souls. Jesus saves souls, yes, but He normatively does so THROUGH the Catholic Church. Everyone who is saved, is saved through the Catholic Church, whether they are explicit members of His Church or not.

Nowhere in Scripture does Scripture say that we are saved by "faith alone." The only place in Scripture where the words "faith alone" appear is in the epistle of James 2:24, where he says the opposite, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." Ephesians 2:8 does not use the word "alone." And Catholics teach that we are saved by faith...but not faith alone. Salvific faith is far more than intellectual assent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How dare I? To speak the Truth, how dare I not?

In your stead?? Explain?

Merry Christmas!
I just looked at your post again . . . I think I mis-read it, I apologize. I realize now that you weren't saying he is abominable to those who live the faith, but I realize you were actually saying that he has hatred and animosity to all who live the faith, so that's not speaking for me, it's something different, it's speaking for him, and in a very negative way.

Not much better if you ask me. But then again, who is asking me?

Much love!

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's not what he's saying. Are you able to give an accurate restatement? Or is it that you don't want to?

You can counter, you can refute, but why twist his words? Why??

Much love!
Marks, I don't know if he realizes that it's what he's saying or not. I was trying to point that out to him. Scripture must be interpreted correctly. And as St. Peter warned in 2 Peter 1:20-21, self-interpretation of Scripture isn't the way to go. One must interpret Scripture through the lens of the Church that provided it. (The Church wrote the New Testament and set the canon for it in the late 4th century at the councils of Rome, Hippo, & Carthage.) It is the Church that has Christ's guarantee of doctrinal infallibility, not the individual personally interpreting Scripture. One need only look at the confusion and chaos that exists in Protestantism, with its thousands of man-made, doctrinally disagreeing denominations to see that.

God bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my place. As if speaking on my behalf.

Much love!

Ah I see, you do not find Roberts twisting of the Truth and rabid attacks on all who practice their faith abominable?

Well, look again...

Merry Christmas!