Trials And Tribulations Are Blessings In Disguise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my trial, in the midst of my affliction, I will praise my Lord, for His worthiness does not change.
Also, when I praise Him in spirit and in truth, He inhabits it. His presence fills me with joy.
The joy of the Lord is my strength.
The Holy Spirit once told me that the blessing is in serving.
I have a migraine, so it would be of service to me if anyone could pray for me.
Be blessed! :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my trial, in the midst of my affliction, I will praise my Lord, for His worthiness does not change.
Also, when I praise Him in spirit and in truth, He inhabits it. His presence fills me with joy.

Praying that migraine hits the road in Jesus Name, Truman. :) God bless you, brother.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I had a friend now deceased who said that you mature in your trials, not your successes.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you now!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After a few days, due to sciatic nerve damage, where it was quite difficult and painful for me to walk, things have improved.
The Lord blessed me greatly as I sang to Him this morning.
Two days ago, He gave me, "The Rest Day Song." Yesterday, He blessed me as I sang it.
Today, as I sang, "Psalm Of Thanks," to Him, He blessed me to the point where I was spinning around in circles on one foot! Lol
Then I had to sit down...I was dizzy! Lol
Three days ago I was battling with the thought of life in a wheel chair.
If you'd like to hear, "Psalm of Thanks," it's the first song on this album. I couldn't find it in a single. :)

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4

Reactions: Truman

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a few days, due to sciatic nerve damage, where it was quite difficult and painful for me to walk, things have improved.
The Lord blessed me greatly as I sang to Him this morning.
Two days ago, He gave me, "The Rest Day Song." Yesterday, He blessed me as I sang it.
Today, as I sang, "Psalm Of Thanks," to Him, He blessed me to the point where I was spinning around in circles on one foot! Lol
Then I had to sit down...I was dizzy! Lol
Three days ago I was battling with the thought of life in a wheel chair.
If you'd like to hear, "Psalm of Thanks," it's the first song on this album. I couldn't find it in a single. :)
I can relate. I've had Chronic back problems for over 40 years (and recommend a regime of daily back stretches and exercises to help manage it.)
Before I retired I visited a number of different doctors in order to get current diagnoses and prognoses for a lifetime of cumulative injury to justify retiring under disability rather than a simple early retirement (my pension system and employer charge penalties for early retirement, but a disability provides a higher benefit amount). One of the doctor's, specializing in sports medicine, gave me a rather disturbing prognosis if I didn't opt for a knee replacement.
Given that knee replacements usually wear out in about a decade and that the recovery is long and difficult, I've chosen to ignore the pain, use a brace, and do a lot of walking for exercise. I made a walking cane for myself and put it aside for the day when I'd need it, but 3 years later I haven't felt the need for it (though I do need a walking stick for hiking trails).
In the past I've recovered from injury that the doctors gave me no hope for. I appreciate modern medicine, but He who made us is able to fix us when fixing us is according to His purposes and for His glory. Amen
I pray that you recover quickly and find no hindrance to your walk, but all things that we experience as God's children are ultimately intended to draw us near to Him and help us grow in His image. There is a purpose and a season to all things under the sun, but we know that God works all things to the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My feet have been numb for ten years. Lately, the lower parts of my legs have been going numb. God's grace is sufficient. Workers Comp should help me if I do need more help.
When the furnace of affliction has done it's work, God may heal me. Sometimes I just have to suffer. Blessed be the name of the Lord. :)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feet have been numb for ten years. Lately, the lower parts of my legs have been going numb. God's grace is sufficient. Workers Comp should help me if I do need more help.
When the furnace of affliction has done it's work, God may heal me. Sometimes I just have to suffer. Blessed be the name of the Lord. :)
After one of my more serious back injuries, chiropractic treatment just wasn't helping and the chiropractor that I was seeing at the time confessed that he didn't think that he could do any more for me. On my way home from that particular visit, I was in so much pain that I cried out in my soul that I just couldn't take it anymore and pleaded with the Lord to take away the pain. And in that moment it was gone. The pain disappeared and my normal range of motion was instantly restored. I've had other injuries since then, but that experience was unique.
The Lord knows what we can bear and what we can't, but I've found that much of my problems existed solely because I was choosing to bear them on my own rather than giving my burdens to the Lord.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29