Trolling, Why Do People Do It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as an ex internet troll myself (okay so maybe I still troll sometimes but when I do it now it's funny and all out of good fun. :) ) I thought that this would make for a good discussion. Mostly because I was reading that in Australia all kinds of internet trolling is illegal and not just harassing /threatening people.

I'm not sure how true that is though. :/ Anyways I have a theory of why I used to be a troll, I was bullied in school,.. I didn't have a lot of friends so I became a bully myself. So that's probably along the same lines of why I was an internet bully. That, and I wasn't receiving positive attention so I figured negative attention was the second best thing. This was when I was a teenager and before I came to Christ so I think that this post can also be considered a testimony. I'm living proof that not all trolls are trolls forever,.. there's hope for them too as Jesus loves them and died for them too. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know if you ever troll here thinking it is "funny and all in good fun" you will be reported. You seem very fun and glad that God is working in your life and showed you some things. I see this. But at the same time, it is not only against the rules, but while you may see something funny, it may be a stumbling block to another brother or sister. I also point out some of your videos do not belong here. Just think about what you are posting and talk to God about these things. You will be fine. If you sincerely seek Him and allow Him to show you things, He will help you. Everyone has a past, but once you see something is wrong, anyone living in Christ needs to repent, or change their mind/turn away from it. Your love for God needs to be stronger then anything else.

Reactions: dev553344

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a theory of why I used to be a troll, I was bullied in school,.. I didn't have a lot of friends so I became a bully myself.
Perhaps you've heard the saying, "hurt people hurt people". People who have been hurt often turn around and hurt other people. For example, I don't think I've ever heard of a serial killer, or a child molester who did not have inner rage and hatred inside of them because of something that happened to them.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know if you ever troll here thinking it is "funny and all in good fun" you will be reported.

Lol I meant like the annoying kind of videos I posted and making people like you laugh with them. XD (As for my videos that I post so far none of the staff has a problem with it if you're referring to the music I like and there have been members on here that post worse stuff LOL)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, @Mayflower, I sure hope that there isn't any hard feelings from my last post,.. but the videos of mine that bother you obviously don't bother me and that's why I don't feel like I need to repent of them or that I'm doing anything wrong.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as an ex internet troll myself (okay so maybe I still troll sometimes but when I do it now it's funny and all out of good fun. :) ) I thought that this would make for a good discussion. Mostly because I was reading that in Australia all kinds of internet trolling is illegal and not just harassing /threatening people.

I'm not sure how true that is though. :/ Anyways I have a theory of why I used to be a troll, I was bullied in school,.. I didn't have a lot of friends so I became a bully myself. So that's probably along the same lines of why I was an internet bully. That, and I wasn't receiving positive attention so I figured negative attention was the second best thing. This was when I was a teenager and before I came to Christ so I think that this post can also be considered a testimony. I'm living proof that not all trolls are trolls forever,.. there's hope for them too as Jesus loves them and died for them too. :)

Trolling is a type of sadistic behavior. Getting some type of reward for harassing/offending others. I agree with @Ferris Bueller. If we are abused, we often become the abuser.

The trick with sadistic people is not to let them know of what makes you hurt, and don't let them know your vulnerabilities. They will exploit them to get their reward.

I think some people get away with vague trolling all the time on forums. You can't really report them and they are not outside the rules.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I like your music video. I don't see anything appropriate here. Why is country or rock music treated like something evil by many Christians ? I don't get it