True happiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
We do not seem to know what true happiness is. We try to find our happiness in things and fulfilling expectations the problem is What we buy and what we do only grants us a pitiful happiness. A happiness which is covered with fear as we know the happiness will go away, and be replaced with fear, anxiety, embarrasement, or stress. We do not recognize what truly is happinessThey say here take this X-box it will make you happyBut it won't.They say hey buy that CD it will make you happyBut it won't They say Hey get yourself a dog, it will make you happy but it won'tThey say hey buy this car it will make you happyBut it won'tThey say Hey try Golfing it will make you happy but it won'tThey say hey start a family it will make you happybut it won't They say hey buy a house, and have your family stop living in a box that will make you happy But it won't They say hey get a job to support your family that will make you happybut it won'tThat happiness will just Fade away]but it won't OUR TRUE HAPPINESS IS GOD's love and Gods salvation.WE CANNOT LOSE THAT HAPPINESS, There is no Fear in that happiness. That is what makes you happy.Everything else is there so we can continue to do Gods will. STOP LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS FOR YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND It.

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
I agree with you. I feel happiest when I am praying, either by myself or with my current boyfriend. We love praying together because it makes us both happy and reminds us that God controls our relationship and therefore, He should be made central.I also feel happy when reading my Bible. It calms me, soothes me, and makes me feel at peace.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I got a four star rating!!! but that won't make me happy
smile.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
You make others happy! Does that make you happy? That seems to be when I am the most happy. I think God designed it like that. The more you do for others and enjoy their joy, the more joy comes back to you. The more peace you seek to create in a situation,when possible, the more peace comes back to you. I want you to know that I purposefully look at your threads to see what you write b/c I like humorous things and I find you to be very funny! One of my best friends is hilarious. She is very random. She talks extremely fast and everyone loves her. You kind of remind me of her. Those are the kinds of people I like to "hang out" with b/c they make life fun. "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22

timesachanging

Apr 12, 2008
I knew what I was going to post b4 scrolling down here, and then I see byhisgrace's posting! BINGO! The LORD told me and my spouse one time that, "Serving others is the key to happiness." That's what Jesus did when he walked the earth, right on? He served others.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Good post Ryan !Ryan, you mentioned fear,anxiety- and I would add panic disorder . There are many people who suffer from them against their will- I'm one of them. I've got a medical condition,some people have clinical depression,epilepsy, diabetes - they can get seizures,'attacks'. like any other illness. Just want it to make a point- not all fear and anxiety are there because we put our happiness on other things than God- for me God is NO 1- and I might not even always feel happy because of the suffering,but I just know that I know that I know that God is NO 1 ,while my feelings have been many times :eek: . It's inner happiness I guess anyway that I have, even I can't express it always. Without Jesus I'm nothing !!!
smile.gif